Plants in final stage of flowering suddenly not drinking as much feed.

• Thread starter Kushnyvegan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kushnyvegan

Kushnyvegan

I’m in week six of flowering my plants. Phantom og (BF) Cookies Kush (BF) Blue Gelato 41 (BF) and two days ago when I was about to give them there usual feed which I have been doing religiously every 24 hours I noticed the soil was damper than usual and didnt look like they needed it. I gave them a few more hours, six to be exact and reluctantly fed a quite damp soil. Today it seems the same way and I’m starting to worry I’ve got root problems and need to make adjustments quick as my plants are nearing completion.

Im using coco natural soil. And currently using coco a&b, AN B52 and Overdrive. I was just phasing the nutrients out in preparation for flushing and cropping when I come across the problem. Photos can be provided and ANY help or advice would be great! This website been a great help throughout so I’m hoping now I’m in need you’ll all come to my rescue!
Kind regards Brett

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Oh shit I mixed the threads up removing
I’m in week six of flowering my plants. Phantom og (BF) Cookies Kush (BF) Blue Gelato 41 (BF) and two days ago when I was about to give them there usual feed which I have been doing religiously every 24 hours I noticed the soil was damper than usual and didnt look like they needed it. I gave them a few more hours, six to be exact and reluctantly fed a quite damp soil. Today it seems the same way and I’m starting to worry I’ve got root problems and need to make adjustments quick as my plants are nearing completion.

Im using coco natural soil. And currently using coco a&b, AN B52 and Overdrive. I was just phasing the nutrients out in preparation for flushing and cropping when I come across the problem. Photos can be provided and ANY help or advice would be great! This website been a great help throughout so I’m hoping now I’m in need you’ll all come to my rescue!
Kind regards Brett
Can you link the coco. I can't find it. I'm wondering if it's a soil mix or coco that's going to matter here.

First what was the ph and ppm of the runoff and pics pls.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So what your saying is I should just relax on the fact it’s not drinking as much and just feed if and when?
No i was referring to a different post. Where the OP had 40%soil 20% coco and 20%perlite. I deleted that post because it was not meant for this thread sorry. Please see my new post

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok looks like pure coco.

How often have you been watering?

Pot size?

How much are you feeding ppm wise?

How much of each are you adding to your nutrient solution?

What is the source water?

Pretty sure they are headed to lockout due to a nutrient buildup. Highly saline environments will stop a plant from being able to adequately take up water.

We will need to test runoff but hold off on that a sec till we get some info

Kushnyvegan

Kushnyvegan

15l pots.

Every 24hrs up until yesterday.

I wouldn’t know the ppm feeding mate sorry. (All learning)

Im making 10l feeds and I’ve been phasing the amount of nutrients I’ve been giving as the weeks when by. Theyre currently getting 35ml of coco a&b per 10l.
And 17ml of the B52 and 17ml of overdrive per 10l.

Its tap water but I live in the countryside so I think it comes direct from a spring.
As you can see the plants are having some bad effects and I’m heartbroken as it’s been a dream run up until now haha

0EF84B60 DCE5 41A6 ADEA 16EA6C47DCEB
B394C0F8 F8BB 4B21 AF3F C6B1B49BB727
F442E228 70BB 4656 9909 0AEAC066FBBF
0A27031C E827 473E 8042 EF5EC98728EF
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

15l pots.

Every 24hrs up until yesterday.

I wouldn’t know the ppm feeding mate sorry. (All learning)

Im making 10l feeds and I’ve been phasing the amount of nutrients I’ve been giving as the weeks when by. Theyre currently getting 35ml of coco a&b per 10l.
And 17ml of the B52 and 17ml of overdrive per 10l.

Its tap water but I live in the countryside so I think it comes direct from a spring.
As you can see the plants are having some bad effects and I’m heartbroken as it’s been a dream run up until now haha
Yeah they are over fed. At this point I have to look up the doses on those nutrients. Can you take just a bit of water and pour it in a pot to get enough runoff to measure ph I'm thinking it's either gonna be high from your water source or low from the nutrient build up... Coco should never dry and stay more than 90% saturated at all times. If it's allowed to dry the nutrients concentrate in the coco and burn the root from ph and the salinity goes way up making it hard for them to uptake water. It's basically a stress response to say I can't drink that shit.

A shot in the dark says it gonna be low like prob low 5's maybe worse

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This is typical in coco late flower when they are underwatered. Everything looks great and ppl say I only water once a day and then all of a sudden it doesn't and they think something has happened... but it's because they didn't water often enough.

Kushnyvegan

Kushnyvegan

okay so let’s say that is the problem? Where would I start in rectifying my fuc* up? I’m gonna get you a run off reading now but I’m pretty sure after reading your analysis thats the issue I have. Thanks mate

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You need to flush the crap out of them. Water only 30litres per pot. Then mix 10ml of a and 10 ml of b per 10litres and pour 10l per post. After this you feed 3 times a day at 15ml of each per 10L. Measure runoff ph. And you really need to get a ppm meter. Leave the other additives out for now.

The plants will get worse and the damaged leaves will die. Give it 3-4 days to start seeing any signs of recovery.

Kushnyvegan

Kushnyvegan

UPDATE.

Its 2am here in the uk and I’ve spent the last two hour flushing my girls with 40l+ of water, followed by a flushing of 30l of feed if you will. 10ml of coco a&b per 10l. The ph on all my run offs was between 6.45 - 6.65 once I’d finished flushing. And I’ve set them back in the tent for the night, in the morning I have some feed made up that I’ll feed them before work. I’m gonna sleep well knowing I’ve done all I can to help them. Thanks bro for all the help, I’ll be sure to keep you updated in the next few days.
Kind regards Brett

0CBE8023 46C5 4899 92F5 F6F3915850C5
CE37712D FEB8 469E A66C 86FFA5F47C87
255C92A3 9449 4ED1 BC65 7FF40BA24140
880044C6 A98C 4A82 BC3F D32CD3C30AF9
96499ACB 675F 4DB6 9190 34452598F29E
8890A4F9 CDF0 4B5C BF64 66BE46E32C1A
Top Bottom