Plants keep stretching buds not stacking

• Thread starter login
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Why the fuck would anyone breed some shit like this and then advertise it as indoor.
That's the problem. I don't know where you got the seeds? It may even be a breeder known for good genetics. For whatever reason you got some poor genetics. When the leaves are praying like that, that's a good sign of a healthy plant

login

login

There from green point. Can anyone confirm they have grown these out and this is normal? And not something im doing wrong.

20220601 110930
N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
I've lowered my temps from 85 to 80f
And cut back on the calcium nitrate.

This my second run under led lights.
First run suffered massive deficiencies and stunted growth because my temps weren't high enough and not enough mag.
And now this im having this problem makes me want to go back to HID.

10 years under HID and jacks 321 ive never had any of these problems.

Also I can see now its not just the gmo crosses having this issue, the others are as well just to a much lesser extent.

Anyone else having issues with jacks 321 under led?
what kind of LED you got?

login

login

King bright 480 watt QB running 250 watt over each plant.

I also have there Shoreline x Animal Cookies its doing the same thing just not as bad as the GMO x purple punch.

Last edited:
N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Are the top leaves still praying before lights out? I think the irradiance needs to be dialed in a tad more properly.
The HPS also has a more redshifted spectrum that promotes budding/flowering. Plus a farred end of day that also increases Pfr.

Blastfact

Blastfact

At green points own site they say it's a med-tall to tall plant. And if you look up the strain and read they all say that and many say it can stretch. It's doing what it's suppose to do..... What a cluster. Nothing wrong with them or the grow. HAHAHAHAHA,,,, OOOO my goodness

login

login

I have the IR diodes on since day 1 of flower, anyway it just seems to me the plant is putting more energy into growing stems than bud. And I'm not use to seeing that coming from HID.

I really hope its just the plant doing its thing and not me fucking up again under these LEDs.

Blastfact

Blastfact

I have the IR diodes on since day 1 of flower, anyway it just seems to me the plant is putting more energy into growing stems than bud. And I'm not use to seeing that coming from HID.

I really hope its just the plant doing its thing and not me fucking up again under these LEDs.
You haven't done anything wrong. It's just showing it's bred up fufu sativa legs. And your lights haven't caused anything. Now you could have early on went with a much bluer light,, say 4000k and possibly controlled some of the stretch. But in reality that would have also stunted the yield if you went full grow cycle with 4000k. I think I saw 235w per plant on lighting. I have never done watts per plant. It's always been watts per sq. ft. even back in the old days when we were fighting with LPS, HPS, MH, HO fluorescents and other light types. And if you were open space growing you deducted from that. And if they start showing sativa they very well could stay in flower longer than you want. I've had true landrace sativas go 20 weeks or better under bulbs and leds indoors and frost kills outdoors in my part of the world. Relax and enjoy the crazy bred up fufu ladys!

Ponky

Ponky

Just sort of looks like a 100% sativa.. Hopefully it doesn't taste like pepper and wax... hopefully it's got a pine or lemon kick or something berry.

growsince79

growsince79

Just sort of looks like a 100% sativa.. Hopefully it doesn't taste like pepper and wax... hopefully it's got a pine or lemon kick or something berry.
I think it looks like a stretchy indica that isn't working right. Too many single blades at the top and internodes getting farther apart instead of close. Too much N delaying flower and making it stretch.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I've lowered my temps from 85 to 80f
And cut back on the calcium nitrate.

This my second run under led lights.
First run suffered massive deficiencies and stunted growth because my temps weren't high enough and not enough mag.
And now this im having this problem makes me want to go back to HID.

10 years under HID and jacks 321 ive never had any of these problems.

Also I can see now its not just the gmo crosses having this issue, the others are as well just to a much lesser extent.

Anyone else having issues with jacks 321 under led?
Go back to HID lol. Like im on the train of thought that with co2 and too much light. . all strains will be small if trained properly.

It might not be reveg, but the one and 3 finger leafs indicate a period of high stress or reveg.

login

login

This is exactly what I was thinking there are too many single leaves at the top with overstretched bud sites.
How much calcium nitrate should I be feeding under the LEDs?
Under hid I used 2 grams per gallon all the way to flush.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

So I want to think that all phenos from all strains can be made small or large with just lighting. I mean my plants never get close to my 1000w, its like they try to, but once they get about a foot away, they stop lol. . no matter if its veg, or flower. I crank up my led veg light and lower it to actually stop the strech. Sure it burns the top a bit, but in veg it can all be cut off, but down below shit is growing fast too. I guess im leaning down the area of not enough light to say it grows lengthy. I only say that cause I see leds lol, i dont like them. .yet. .. Im more less gonna try 2, 1000w HPS in a 5x5 because I am trying to keep them low.
If you want to limit stretch with hid,try halide till the stretch is done then switch to hps,the yellow makes them stretch more.

U

User1000

There from green point. Can anyone confirm they have grown these out and this is normal? And not something im
Anyone using jacks 321 under led can please help advise
I have the same problem using the Jacks 321 . Exactly the same stretching with three leaves and not formed bud .

I am using Jacks with years and one in five harvests its happening thing like that .

Its very hard to find the reason if you dont grow indoor since i grow mixed light in greenhouse .

Its not strain thing i will assure you since i would grow 3-4 times same strain with great results and fifth will happen same as your .

It usually happens in months with lower light intensity not on all strains .

Jacks 321 feeding is the most standard program for growing is used by almost all companies on the market 150 ppm of N , the only difference is Jacks is high on Mg with recommend dose of 1g per Gallon of Epsom Salt .

Is it too much Mg in luck of light intensity problem i am not sure but i will start cutting back the Mg. I had great results with Jack123 but one in five/six harvests some strains tend to do that . Strains that i will grow again on same way and have great results. Go figure out

Top Bottom