Plants looking a bit under the weather......

• Thread starter Ansulex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Ansulex

Hey Guys, first time post, love the site..... looking for a bit of advice about my plants, Just got back from vacation had someone watering my plants while I was away they basically just filled my "infinity" self watering reservoirs .... without top watering. I came home 3 weeks later to bone dry pots with only the bottom quarter of the pots having any moisture, plants did not look horrible but they were definitely looking thirsty on lower nodes
Plants looking a bit under the weather 2

I gave them a good drink, waited a few days and did my first haircut on them before switching to flower
Plants looking a bit under the weather 3

switched to flower a couple days back but they just look a bit off to me, not sure if it is a case of 1) rebounding after being so dry, 2) mag def due to yellowing on leaf veins and yellowing of new growth, or a combination of everything dry, trim, and flower switch. here is a picture as of this morning only 2 days into flower.
Plants looking a bit under the weather 6

. and this is a pic of plants left to right
Plants looking a bit under the weather 5

Plants looking a bit under the weather 4

Plants looking a bit under the weather 7

any help would be appreciated.

Plants looking a bit under the weather
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
How near is your light and is it dimmed
What are your temps
Do you ph
Have you checked for bugs
I do see some curling and yellowing on the fan leaves edges

Most look fine but your light maybe to close.

A

Ansulex

I just flipped them over to flower, light and height was at 80% and 18" off plants.
Temps have been steady at 75 day and 65 night with humid staying in the 65 -70 range.
no buggies,
was just mostly concerned with all the new growth being that light / pale green.
hit it with cal/mag, no nutes, for yesterday's watering and waiting to see.
should I be letting these girls dry off between waterings now that I am in flower, or just keep pots moist

A

Ansulex

oh yeah, I just dropped lights to about 12" and 100% for flower , I have the ionboard S24on them now but changing out to my evo3 for flower as soon as I am sure they are ok

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

Hey Guys, first time post, love the site..... looking for a bit of advice about my plants, Just got back from vacation had someone watering my plants while I was away they basically just filled my "infinity" self watering reservoirs .... without top watering. I came home 3 weeks later to bone dry pots with only the bottom quarter of the pots having any moisture, plants did not look horrible but they were definitely looking thirsty on lower nodesView attachment 2143162

I gave them a good drink, waited a few days and did my first haircut on them before switching to flowerView attachment 2143163

switched to flower a couple days back but they just look a bit off to me, not sure if it is a case of 1) rebounding after being so dry, 2) mag def due to yellowing on leaf veins and yellowing of new growth, or a combination of everything dry, trim, and flower switch. here is a picture as of this morning only 2 days into flower.View attachment 2143166

. and this is a pic of plants left to rightView attachment 2143165

View attachment 2143164

View attachment 2143167

any help would be appreciated.
I'm not seeing the issue, lol. Just flower the plants like you normally do. They'll be totally fine. They look really healthy now. Nice grow!

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

thanks for the replies Guys, I think I am just being a nervous nellie.......................hate taking vaca during a grow
I totally understand even when I leave for a couple days, lol. Isn't that a camera mounted on the pole inside the tent?

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I just flipped them over to flower, light and height was at 80% and 18" off plants.
Temps have been steady at 75 day and 65 night with humid staying in the 65 -70 range.
no buggies,
was just mostly concerned with all the new growth being that light / pale green.
hit it with cal/mag, no nutes, for yesterday's watering and waiting to see.
should I be letting these girls dry off between waterings now that I am in flower, or just keep pots moist
The new growth looks normal and lush.
They go like that when you feed them with pk

In truth looks real good

Maybe the one with curled leaves got a bit to dry as you did say you let them dry out to much it kinda makes sense

Sure let it dry in between watering but not so dry they start dropping

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
oh yeah, I just dropped lights to about 12" and 100% for flower , I have the ionboard S24on them now but changing out to my evo3 for flower as soon as I am sure they are ok
Oh I missed that post
Raise it back upto 18” that’s min for led and dim it back to 75/80%
I don’t know anyone here that runs leds at 100% even in flower they are to intense that will explain the curled leaves more than anything else would

Some plants can take more light than others before reacting however at 12” away they will all start to show light stres soon if you don’t raise it back to 18” min

A

Ansulex

Yes Hydro, cameras only tell you so much sometimes when your away 🧐, I will just let them do their thing. thank you both for your replies I feel better about them now.

thanks G, I will raise lights back up, and tune em down a bit

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

Agreed I should be more realistic about led heights rather than tip toeing

18” was halies and hps lights

My leds are about 36” away
What watt HM/HPS were you using? I run a 600 MH in my autoflower/veg box, and a 600 HPS in my 2x4 flowering tent (I also have another 2x4 tent with a 400 MH for vegging).. I have to keep mine a good 20" or I'll fry my tops. I just kiboshed the bubble buckets, and went back to hand feeding, so now my plants sit about 8" lower and I can control it better. I can't/won't switch to LED just because I'm too stubborn about my yields 🤣. When I see a grower get a pound in a 2x4 tent with an LED, then I'll make the switch. Lol. Otherwise, everyone's grows look beautiful under those lights, I'm just old-school still.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
@Hydrocropper420

Used both 400w & 1000w

Yeah they can fry the tops off real fast
I did say 18” “min” first post I didn’t encorperate it to the last post as I forgot

If it wasn’t for the heat I would switch back to mh/hps I’m not that impressed with leds tbh

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

@Hydrocropper420

Used both 400w & 1000w

I did say 18” “min” first post I didn’t encorperate it to the last post as I forgot

If it wasn’t for the heat I would switch back to mh/hps I’m not that impressed with leds tbh
My 600s are hot, but they produce some donkeys, lol. I also just started to flower earlier, so my plants aren't quite as tall, and went back to my old style where when the plant is about a foot tall, it gets transplanted into the bucket, but I lay it sideways and tie the top, so all the bottom grows up. Get a real good bush and a huge top cola.

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

@Hydrocropper420

Used both 400w & 1000w

Just went into the flower tent last night, the light is about to turn on so it should be standing straight up now, I put a trellis around it in the tent.

IMG 20240322 161531348 HDR
IMG 20240402 164449971 HDR
Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

@Hydrocropper420

Used both 400w & 1000w

Your plants look beautiful, though. What equipment are you using and how big of tent? Pictures make people's tents look like an entire basement...

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Thanks I was using the loft when I ran mh/hps so it was a lot bigger

Now am in a 4x4 for veg and a 8x4 when flowering

I’m using lumteck leds 400w one in the veg tent and two in the flowering tent.

I had a look this morning there starting to take over the tent tbh 🙂

Your looks good as well I like how you trained it should be a monster come

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

You should be getting good yields off 800 watts in a 4x8. What's the 400 LED compared to 400 MH HPS? I haven't had the heart to tell my buddy he's running 720 watts with his 3 LEDs. He thinks he has 1800 but they're 240 each, he thinks they're 600, but I can't find one that fits in a 2x4 tent.. he's in a corner of his basement. I like the tents.

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

If I can find a 600 watt LED that fit inside a 2x4 tent or even the 4x4 that my neighbor has then I would probably at least try it out and if I didn't like it just sell it. My neighbor just got a 4x4 tent and I put it together for him and then put my 400 watt MH in there, I told him he needs to buy a light by the time my harvest is done drying, and it's on day number four right now 🤣🤣 I need my light back to go into the tent that the harvest is drying in. I have three new autoflowers I'm going to try under a 400 watt metal halide the whole time. Minnesota Nice, White Widow x Gorilla Glue, and White Wedding.

Top Bottom