Plants mysteriously wilting after lights turn off

• Thread starter SNAX
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SNAX

SNAX

Hey yall! So... I have a fresh set of plants in the flower room and for some reason they are wilting right after the lights turn off and then slowly come back to normal by the time the lights are on again. Air flow is great, Temp doesn't get over 80 or drop below 70 when the lights are off and they have water. I did go in there an hour before the lights came back on and noticed the humidity had dropped to 30% though. Could the RH drop be causing my problem?

sky high

sky high

Some strains droop pretty good at night. IMO.....they're just SLEEPIN bro.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Yeah, nothing to worry about. If you see wilting in the daylight hours then you have something to deal with. When the plants are experiencing night time they don't need to orientate their leaves to an optimal position for photosynthesis/light absorption. Make sure not to get any light into the room or anything when your peaking on them at nighttime.....

jkbeing

jkbeing

I brought an ogkush and bubbakush back from L.A., and on my 20/4 cycle they would do the same thing. I never had that happen before, and turned the lights to 24/0. After about a month I turned the lights to 20/4 and they have never done it again. I thought it might have been travel stress or something. Are there any strains that always do this?

J

Jalisco Kid

I usually see this in rooms with a lower RH and higher temps. My wild guess is the plants are pumping at high pressure to keep the plant cooler. With lights out they lose their internal pressure. They slowly pump up and get their turgidity back by morning. JK.

Top Bottom