Plants need food soil is wet

• Thread starter Learningthebasics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Learningthebasics

So I recently transplanted from solo cups to .7 gallon pots with promix hp. I noticed some plant leaves are dying twisted and dry. When I transplanted I just used 5.8 ph water. I thought they might be hungry so I mixed up 400 ppm worth of food at 6.0ph and fed one plant til runoff and after sitting for 15 min i put a little more water through and the runoff was at 400ppm 6.2ph. So that leads me to believe there really isn’t any food in the soil. I just transplanted the other day so the soil is very wet. Should I go ahead and feed or should I let them dry out then feed? I’m using advanced nutrients. First three pics are worst plant the 4th 5th 6th plant are what most of the others look like

Plants need food soil is wet
Plants need food soil is wet 2
Plants need food soil is wet 3
Plants need food soil is wet 4
Plants need food soil is wet 5
Plants need food soil is wet 6

L

Learningthebasics

Feed 1/4 strength and see

I know they need food i just don’t know if I should let the soil dry out or feed them. I don’t want them to keep getting worse but they could be overwatered already with no food.

Observationist

Observationist

I know they need food i just don’t know if I should let the soil dry out or feed them. I don’t want them to keep getting worse but they could be overwatered already with no food.
Yea meant to include, best to let it dry, this is why I hate soil.

Anthem

Anthem

So I recently transplanted from solo cups to .7 gallon pots with promix hp. I noticed some plant leaves are dying twisted and dry. When I transplanted I just used 5.8 ph water. I thought they might be hungry so I mixed up 400 ppm worth of food at 6.0ph and fed one plant til runoff and after sitting for 15 min i put a little more water through and the runoff was at 400ppm 6.2ph. So that leads me to believe there really isn’t any food in the soil. I just transplanted the other day so the soil is very wet. Should I go ahead and feed or should I let them dry out then feed? I’m using advanced nutrients. First three pics are worst plant the 4th 5th 6th plant are what most of the others look like

View attachment 1206515View attachment 1206516View attachment 1206517View attachment 1206518View attachment 1206519View attachment 1206520
Those are some very angry plants that did not just happen to fall off the cliff. That problem has been happening for a while. They appear to be locked out at the moment. Why? Either the soil is amended in correctly or they have been feed the wrong ratio of NPK or macro nutrients. The best thing to do is water with plain water when they dry out, turn the light down to about 50 percent of what is is at now. Lower the temperature about 5 degrees and let them dryout. The damage has already been done. Now you have to wait and when you do water just plain water no food until the plants start to shoot out new green grow.

MilkyTrichomes

MilkyTrichomes

When my soil is wet and they need food I will sometimes use a foliar spray. The leaves can take in nutes and you aren’t adding water to soil.

L

Learningthebasics

Those are some very angry plants that did not just happen to fall off the cliff. That problem has been happening for a while. They appear to be locked out at the moment. Why? Either the soil is amended in correctly or they have been feed the wrong ratio of NPK or macro nutrients. The best thing to do is water with plain water when they dry out, turn the light down to about 50 percent of what is is at now. Lower the temperature about 5 degrees and let them dryout. The damage has already been done. Now you have to wait and when you do water just plain water no food until the plants start to shoot out new green grow.
They are pretty wet right now should I let them dry out first?

Anthem

Anthem

They are pretty wet right now should I let them dry out first?
Yes let the plants dry out, turn the lights down and lower the temperature and wait. DO NOT get overly concerned, they will bounce back but in soil it is going to take a week to 10 days. They are just going to look like that or get worse until they get better. Get yourself another pot and fill it with the same soil. When the pots with the plants weigh the same as the one with on plant it is ok to water. Might just be over watered. Time will tell

L

Learningthebasics

Yes let the plants dry out, turn the lights down and lower the temperature and wait. DO NOT get overly concerned, they will bounce back but in soil it is going to take a week to 10 days. They are just going to look like that or get worse until they get better. Get yourself another pot and fill it with the same soil. When the pots with the plants weigh the same as the one with on plant it is ok to water. Might just be over watered. Time will tell
They are actually in promix hp not soil

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'd handle it a bit different than has been recommended. Promix is a well aerated soiless mix and has good air holding capacity, watering it too soon once to correct an issue is less of a problem than letting the issue continue imho. Just let it dry out really well after treating. And you're right, it has no nutrients in it besides a very small starter charge. You need to feed it.

I would mix up about a 1.2 ec solution at 6.2ph and drench the pots. Use quality starting water that has calcium already buffered into it before adding nutrients. I like to see about 150ppm in my water before adding nutrients. Also ill just point out to cover it, you should never add ph up or silica after adding nutrients, always before. If you ever see a cloudy resivoir that could be why.

Worth asking what your temperature and humidity is like? Day to night temperature difference? What is on them for light?

Anthem

Anthem

I'd handle it a bit different than has been recommended. Promix is a well aerated soiless mix and has good air holding capacity, watering it too soon once to correct an issue is less of a problem than letting the issue continue imho. Just let it dry out really well after treating. And you're right, it has no nutrients in it besides a very small starter charge. You need to feed it.

I would mix up about a 1.2 ec solution at 6.2ph and drench the pots. Use quality starting water that has calcium already buffered into it before adding nutrients. I like to see about 150ppm in my water before adding nutrients. Also ill just point out to cover it, you should never add ph up or silica after adding nutrients, always before. If you ever see a cloudy resivoir that could be why.

Worth asking what your temperature and humidity is like? Day to night temperature difference? What is on them for light?
Do this!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom