Plants not finishing on time

• Thread starter evu80
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
evu80

evu80

Hey Guys

I'm running some GDPs for the past three runs and this is the first time I notice they're behind schedule. Usually by the 46th day, they already have a nice color to them along with evenly orange pistils on the colas. But this time around most of them are still green in terms of cola instead of purple and the pistils are half white.

What can cause prolonged ripen of this strain? Will extra nitrogen cause these plants to take longer to finish? This time around im in a sealed environment and I changed my nute regimen that included a bit more nitrogen than what I normally used the first few runs with GDP.

What can I do to hasten up the ripening process to ensure they finish within the 8 week time frame? thanks for any advice

B

bckushinator

over use of nitrogen during flowering deffinly affects the plant usually earlier on in flowering but once in flowering im not to sure i would think i could delay maturity, ive herd of some sativa plants that need a shortened light cycle the last week er 2 in flowering to push the plant to mature or even put in darkness for a day or 2 , i wouldnt recomend this but hey.

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

honestly bro 8 weeks is too fast for gdp.. if you take it to 9 or 9.5 youll get a lot more weight and color on your buds .. from what you described it sounds like youre at the normal finishing pace .

vaporedout

vaporedout

yeah my GDP's didnt purple up until like week 6 or 7, i took em long too and they got black/purple.... definitely worth the weight ;)

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

yeah my GDP's didnt purple up until like week 6 or 7, i took em long too and they got black/purple.... definitely worth the weight ;)

my buddy runs gdp exclusivly and he goes 9.5 weeks unless shit gets too big... how can your buds be too big you ask? his gdp nugs are the biggest ive ever seen, so big to the point he starts to get bud rot .. he actually has to back off of them to prevent it.

evu80

evu80

thank goodness i was able to get my RH down to 50% during the day and about 70% at night. I used to throw out pounds of bad bud due to rot the past couple of runs then I got myself a Dri Eaz. Its well worth the money.

I thought GDP are indicas and suppose to be finished around the 7 to 8 week mark. I haven't ran it past 56 days before and not sure what will happen if its ran any longer. Will it start to lose its potency?

vaporedout

vaporedout

do you have a scope/loop?? thats the only way to truly tell how long you take em. i like my indicas to kick your ass so i take em longer and let them get amberish. give it a shot but i did notice that out of the 6 GDP's i grew, i let one go long (not sure how many days, i think 66) and the buds got bigger in the last week.

and 70%RH is pretty high isnt it??

i found a pic of my long GDP and regular GDP
gdp- with about 25% amber
DSC06197

gdp- with tons of amber----kick ass sleep aid!!
DSC06237

pics werent that great, i think i got trichcomes on the camera lense :)
either way, choose what you like the most. i actually just wanted to see how black i could get my GDP, after this i couldnt wait any longer, i got a real fruity smell off the black one too.

dankworth

dankworth

thank goodness i was able to get my RH down to 50% during the day and about 70% at night. I used to throw out pounds of bad bud due to rot the past couple of runs then I got myself a Dri Eaz. Its well worth the money.

I thought GDP are indicas and suppose to be finished around the 7 to 8 week mark. I haven't ran it past 56 days before and not sure what will happen if its ran any longer. Will it start to lose its potency?
If you can get your nighttime humidity lower that would be better. You could maybe get away with 55% day and sub-50% night, that would be good. If you have the environmental controls, anyways.

And watch that N:K ratio in flowering, especially late flowering.

bobby

bobby

25% amber is too much in my opinion. If you want peak THC, harvest when the top colas are starting to turn milky white, but when most everything is clear...it can still "kick your ass" without putting you to sleep. The buds are still ripening as you dry and cure, so you'll end up with a few amber trichs by then, with most milky white and clear.

If you have to let your trichs turn amber for your meds to feel more potent, then you have a bad strain. Marijuana should get you really high, not really sleepy. Some people mistake feeling sleepy, for a really good high..but I sure as hell don't like it.
do you have a scope/loop?? thats the only way to truly tell how long you take em. i like my indicas to kick your ass so i take em longer and let them get amberish. give it a shot but i did notice that out of the 6 GDP's i grew, i let one go long (not sure how many days, i think 66) and the buds got bigger in the last week.

and 70%RH is pretty high isnt it??

i found a pic of my long GDP and regular GDP
gdp- with about 25% amber
View attachment 230542

gdp- with tons of amber----kick ass sleep aid!!
View attachment 230541
pics werent that great, i think i got trichcomes on the camera lense :)
either way, choose what you like the most. i actually just wanted to see how black i could get my GDP, after this i couldnt wait any longer, i got a real fruity smell off the black one too.

neverbreak

neverbreak

25% amber is too much in my opinion. If you want peak THC, harvest when the top colas are starting to turn milky white, but when most everything is clear...it can still "kick your ass" without putting you to sleep. The buds are still ripening as you dry and cure, so you'll end up with a few amber trichs by then, with most milky white and clear.

If you have to let your trichs turn amber for your meds to feel more potent, then you have a bad strain. Marijuana should get you really high, not really sleepy. Some people mistake feeling sleepy, for a really good high..but I sure as hell don't like it.

i agree with this. more amber is not desirable.

neverbreak

Yellowjacket

Yellowjacket

All depends on what you are using it for now doesn't it? If you are chasing a buzz then by all means clear/cloudy trics. However if you need it for nighttime meds aka sleep aid then amber is your goal.

YJ

vaporedout

vaporedout

All depends on what you are using it for now doesn't it? If you are chasing a buzz then by all means clear/cloudy trics. However if you need it for nighttime meds aka sleep aid then amber is your goal.

YJ

exactly what my wife needs it for, we cater to OUR needs, pain and sleep.

Top Bottom