Plants outgrowing screenhouse

• Thread starter ld64
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ld64

ld64

I built this screenhouse to protect against caterpillars which are a problem here in SoCal, especially during flower where they basically eat your buds from the inside and cause rot. They decimated my last crop.

Anyway I have 5 plants veggin in the screenhouse, 2 in soil and 3 in coco (the 3 closer to fence). I think some or all of the coco plants will soon outgrow the tent, and if not they will surely do so during flowering, right? I am considering either moving them out or doing some aggressive supercropping. What do you think?

I've already moved 3 plants out due to crowding (there were 8 in there initially). I am using BT with those and hoping for the best. I thought I could keep the coco plants smaller in 3 gallon pots, but these plants just keep growing (and eating.. a PITA for hand watering).

Plants outgrowing screenhouse

Plants outgrowing screenhouse 2

ld64

ld64

Nice plants

Thanks, the back row has long since outgrown the screenhouse and are now moved out and exposed to the elements (currently dealing with root aphids 😢).

I'd say this size screenhouse is pefect for a few outdoor autos. But a pretty big fail on my part trying to contain photos.. they gave zero F's like the old school Lou Ferrigno Hulk ripping through clothes.

Madmax

Madmax

@1diesel1 got me onto using diatomaceous earth which cuts them to threads.you can powder the plants or on ground or even into the soil with no ill affect.cuts there skeletons to shreds..youd gain a couple ft if you dig a big holes for a couple of them.if you supercrop id suggest to put a net over them to give it some form of support for the branches .tying to net would help...

Ps plants look in pretty good nic mate..

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

@1diesel1 got me onto using diatomaceous earth which cuts them to threads.you can powder the plants or on ground or even into the soil with no ill affect.cuts there skeletons to shreds..youd gain a couple ft if you dig a big holes for a couple of them.if you supercrop id suggest to put a net over them to give it some form of support for the branches .tying to net would help...

Ps plants look in pretty good nic mate..

yeah I suppose thats the other advantage of that structure, it makes super easy to put up some horizontal trellis, you could scrog it up kind of like an indoor grow

Top Bottom