Plants smelling like burnt rubber

• Thread starter CheebaMonkey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CheebaMonkey

They're 2-3 weeks old from seed. At first I thought it was the grow tent I bought so I got rid of it and moved to the closet. Then I replaced my 400W HID with cfl thinking that the HID was frying my power lines or something. But still the smell remained.

Then finally I sniffed the plants and bingo. Never thought they would smell like that. Burnt rubber isn't really the smell. It's kind of hard to explain.

Has anyone else had bad smelling plants in veg? I'm growing Bubblegum from Serious Seeds and Pure Power Plant but the PPP doesn't seem to have an odor yet.

P

purpleblockhead

it was the grow tent alot of those grow tents are recalls, it probley just left the smell on your plants

C

CheebaMonkey

Yeah I've read a lot of complaints about the grow tents but I don't think that's it. It's been nearly a week since I removed them from the tent and they were only in there for a week. And the plants always looked healthy. If the tent left a permanent stink on whatever was inside of it you would think they would look somewhat different.

sun

sun

ive got plants that smell like burnt rubber, people say they like it lol

fractal

fractal

Holy smokes, if your plant stinks so bad that you think something is burning. . . Clone it!

BansheeRider

BansheeRider

it's not going to be much help, but i just finished smoking some weed that smelt of rubber bands....

S

sound1744

northern lights #2 smells like burnt rubber when growing.

peace.

A

addicted

northern lights #2 smells like burnt rubber when growing.

peace.

I have a Northern cut that smells of burning rubber when growing, too. Cures out of it when finished smells like floral shop! mmmm...

K

kingbrown

i had a warlord kush afghani from mark castle that smelt dead on like burnt rubber maybe more like burning car tyres... i hope i can get more of them warlords

Patriot

Patriot

you know, the more i read this the more i think thats what my plant in veg smellas like...its almost gives u a headache....no joke.....yumminly stinky

K

kingbrown

patriot clone that mofo! the warlord smell made me sorta woozy though not anything fruity none at all, a bit of a turnoff at first but i kept going back for more and fell in love

S

seventhchild

Has anyone else had bad smelling plants in veg? I'm growing Bubblegum from Serious Seeds and Pure Power Plant but the PPP doesn't seem to have an odor yet.

seedlings can have can have every combo of fragrance you can imagine or no smell at all but it is NOT an indication of finial quality. Peace and happy hunting

Patriot

Patriot

I have too many problems cloning anything. Plus i will be moving soon, there is no way i can travle with her....if it turns out to be a male i will defenitly take some pollen from it but if not, i wouldnt know how to transport it with me....could i place the clippings in a cooler for something like 10 hrs ???
I am not sure if i will be able to keep it altogehter, i might not have a plce to plant her when i get to my destination lol....naybe i was bless with something never seen...and i cant do anything to save it lol...:scared0016:

patriot clone that mofo! the warlord smell made me sorta woozy though not anything fruity none at all, a bit of a turnoff at first but i kept going back for more and fell in love

O

organickat

Bro that plant might have RKS.. I had a purple skunk that reeked of burning tires but when dryed it mellow to a skunky / berry but in flower it burned your nose

Patriot

Patriot

any luck cloning your plant?

No, the plant turned male and i had to dispatch it. But before he died he left behind some nice pollen that i was able to save. I rubbed it then on my Jackberry female and walla!!!!!walla!!!! we have some seeds....i cant wait to grow those ones...lol:fixed:

Patriot

Patriot

I will look for testers they have to have some gorws under their belt ect....but i have no problem sharing some with u. I have others too

Patriot

Patriot

Chinkeyes :
I have no problem sending u 5 seeds or so...i dont know how many she will give me but i am sure it will be more than 5....If everything goes well and You have no problem sending me ur adress, i have no problem sending them....send me an email here with ur adress and i will send them as nicely and as diguised as i can....
the name of the plant, as of now ITs
"DINGLEBERRY BLUE" as of now.....and if u dont mind i will like to receive pics of the plant, since i wont be able to germinate mine for a couple of weeks or moths....

Patriot

Patriot

no problem...are u in a hurry for me to send them...bc i was thinking ofsending them before i move....

Top Bottom