Plants started.....not good growth... straight up..

• Thread starter Blkdane
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Blkdane

Started 3 plants.....all started fine.... but growing straight up! Afraid they are going to fall over...... what can I do..?

Plants
orggrwr

orggrwr

Those are stretching for more light. Do you have a grow light or are they setting in a window. Which ever it is they need much more intense light. Once you fix the light problem you can replant them and bury most of the stem or use a small stick or something stuck in the pot to prop them up till they are stronger. With that much stretch i would repot them but you must fix the light problem first. Good luck

B

Blkdane

Thanks....I suspected. They are in a east facing window... I have a grow light.....but proabably not a great one...

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Started 3 plants.....all started fine.... but growing straight up! Afraid they are going to fall over...... what can I do..?
Up the light somehow and then when you repot them, bury the stems, it will all become root system. In the meantime lean against something to stand up, once the light corrects they will correct.

Newty

Newty

Do you plan on growing them outdoors and you're just starting them inside?

Being they're just seedlings, the light you have should work for a bit but like the above post said, get them some light or they will just keep stretching.

Small Bamboo cooking skewers work well for trying to keep things standing.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Yep! They're stretching toward the light. It looks like a little soil could be added to the pots they're in now. They'll root from the stem. When transplanting, they can be buried almost up to the cotyledons.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Yep! They're stretching toward the light. It looks like a little soil could be added to the pots they're in now. They'll root from the stem. When transplanting, they can be buried almost up to the cotyledons.
That would be hilarious if someone buries the leaves too 😂. Photosynthesis be damned!!!

B

Blkdane

Plan to transplant outside when warm enough. I am moving them out now and then bring in early evening.

Latest posts

Top Bottom