Plants stopped drinking and turning yellow.

• Thread starter cabinetmaker74
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cabinetmaker74

I had a very similar problem with my last grow of OG Kush (My Northern Lights faired better) and I can see why OG Kush is considered an intermediate grow and not a beginners. It's very sensitive to nutrients inputs and watering. Looks like your going through a lockout. I'm on my 2nd grow of OG Kush, side by side with a White Widow, this time the OG Kush is doing better than my first attempt at it, like you I'm not celebrating till that 4th week of truth, so we'll see. But burnt tips and yellowing is a lockout. For watering you want to aim at 5 to 10% volume of your pot at a time. Three days is safe but stay on top of your soils moisture on a daily basis. Tiger Bloom sounds like a synthetic nutrient and those do best around 5.6-5.8 pH. Not sure how folks here feel about measure EC before and after but you might want to look into that. But from what I'm seeing from the pics, your overdoing it with the nutes with probably not enough runoff. You want 10-20% runoff when watering. (That 5-10% watering per pot volume is a good guide for organic soil growers ) but for synthetic growers aim for 10 to 20% runoff when watering to avoid salt build up in the media. my 2.cents. I went everywhere with that one... 😐
Thank you for the info, there seems to be a few things that I need to change.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Using Fox Farm Happy Frog and feeding them the Fox Farms Tiger Bloom. I forgot to mention that I was treating them thoroughly once a week with Growers Ally spider mite control also. This is my 3rd grow and my first two were a war between the spider mites and myself so I started spraying these early into veg in hopes of preventing another infestation of those little bastards.
ok your only feeding tiger bloom as of now??
take pictures of all your nutrient stuff?.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

For more even light distribution over a larger area is why you want to raise your light's height as much as possible.
However, the intensity of light is inversely proportional to the square of the distance from the source, so plants twice as far away receive only one-quarter the energy. (The Inverse Square Law)

2Bad

2Bad

I just noticed ur carbon filter doesn’t have a pre filter..? Is it on the inside? Usually it’s supposed to be on the outside if your sucking air out…

If your unlucky like I was last grow charcoal could come out of the carbon filter and get all over ur buds which is not able to get washed off. And you’ll be smoking activated charcoal

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
However, the intensity of light is inversely proportional to the square of the distance from the source, so plants twice as far away receive only one-quarter the energy. (The Inverse Square Law)
A good reason to just lift the light higher instead of lowering the intensity, but this grower is maxed out on height clearance.

C

cabinetmaker74

I just noticed ur carbon filter doesn’t have a pre filter..? Is it on the inside? Usually it’s supposed to be on the outside if your sucking air out…

If your unlucky like I was last grow charcoal could come out of the carbon filter and get all over ur buds which is not able to get washed off. And you’ll be smoking activated charcoal
I just didn't use it. Didn't think it was necessary for the location of the tent. Never considered anything like you just mentioned.

C

cabinetmaker74

what week flowering are you?
nutrients are good enough, but not ideal npk ratios for last couple weeks flowering..
The 2 that have almost stopped drinking are in week 3, the other two are in week 2. I just ordered this, will be here on Monday. So what is the ideal NPK ratio for the different stages/weeks of flowering?

Screenshot 20230325 163203 Amazon Shopping
C

cabinetmaker74

The 2 that have almost stopped drinking are in week 3, the other two are in week 2. I just ordered this, will be here on Monday. So what is the ideal NPK ratio for the different stages/weeks of flowering?
Sorry, my mistake, they're in weeks 3 and 4.

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

Something like this

And a matching saucer.

If you're not using the carbon filter, can you take it out? It would give you more height, no?

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Something like this

And a matching saucer.

If you're not using the carbon filter, can you take it out? It would give you more height, no?
Bingo

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
There's also a physical law that states that energy is conserved. The photons inside a closed growroom such as a tent only diminish by some reflective-losses from the walls/hardware, or by being absorbed by leaves for photosynthesis. So whatever mol of photons per second get released in there that number stays roughly the same regardless of where one puts the lamp. However, the ratio fo direct vs diffuse light changes a bit and that can greatly influence what a quntummeter, that takes only a flux measurement, will register.

The inverse square in its formulation is actually only applicable to a true radiant point-source emittor. It can be used in approximisation for a sun or a light-bulb. But not for a growlight such as a bar-light. There, you gotta take into account he fixtures stated beam-angle which is usually between 120° to 90° in the case of LED, so the irradiance will diminish way less.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
There's also a physical law that states that energy is conserved. The photons inside a closed growroom such as a tent only diminish by some reflective-losses from the walls/hardware, or by being absorbed by leaves for photosynthesis. So whatever mol of photons per second get released in there that number stays roughly the same regardless of where one puts the lamp. However, the ratio fo direct vs diffuse light changes a bit and that can greatly influence what a quntummeter, that takes only a flux measurement, will register.

The inverse square in its formulation is actually only applicable to a true radiant point-source emittor. It can be used in approximisation for a sun or a light-bulb. But not for a growlight such as a bar-light. There, you gotta take into account he fixtures stated beam-angle which is usually between 120° to 90° in the case of LED, so the irradiance will diminish way less.
Not sure about that one, my par meter reads different numbers at different spots of the tent, especially if I'm up close to the lights and down lower, different readings.

C

cabinetmaker74

Something like this

And a matching saucer.

I'm am using the carbon filter, I'm just not using the pre-filter that came with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom