Plants stopped drinking and turning yellow.

• Thread starter cabinetmaker74
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Not sure about that one, my par meter reads different numbers at different spots of the tent, especially if I'm up close to the lights and down lower, different readings.
What are you not sure about? That the wall reflectance increases the beam angle from either 90 or 120° to 180°?

edit:
btw does your PAR meter register all photons wholly arriving at the measuring spot?

SSgrower

SSgrower

Hot spots are present when you get different reading at different places, see Dr. M.J. Coco for par testing instructions. SS

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Hot spots are present when you get different reading at different places
The center hotspot is there due to this place receiving a higher amount of crosslighting. I'm not doubting that but what I doubt is the correct application of the inverse-square law with its standard false interpretation that energy/photons just miraculously disappear with distance. (see quote in post #38 for context)

steamroller

steamroller

Nobody going to offer this guy advice on feeding after asking about what he uses?
🤷‍♂️
I would be using the GB and jacks now.
Since you using FF have you looked at any of their feed charts?
I know the masters will laugh at it but just trying to help you out instead see who has the biggest 'brain'...
Hopefully someone will this back on track and help you out.

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

Next grow, consider going with smaller containers. Nine times out of ten, the problem isn't lack of bottles. You need to be able to fully saturate that substrate to run off.
Your humidity is also low, which may be seasonal.

As dry as your soil looks, you might see run off quickly, but that doesn't mean it's properly hydrated. A peat and bark heavy mix like Happy Frog will become hydrophobic if it dries too much, and it may take several smaller waterings before it hits max. capacity. Not having saucers under there may make you gun shy, because who wants to deal with a leaky mess? Consider the saucers and risers. The flowers look nice, all things considered.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
but what I doubt is the correct application of the inverse-square law with its standard false interpretation that energy/photons just miraculously disappear with distance. (
They don't disappear they are reduced, it's common sense.

Mothman

Mothman

However, the intensity of light is inversely proportional to the square of the distance from the source, so plants twice as far away receive only one-quarter the energy. (The Inverse Square Law)
Is it “intensity of light” or is it photon density? Or are we talking about the same thing?

darklordmelkor

darklordmelkor

I have 6 weeks plants in veg with 5 gal pots and using 7 liters of water every 3-4 days. So 0.75L water isn't enough. You have to saturate whole pot. Also get run off to get rid of salt build up.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

The center hotspot is there due to this place receiving a higher amount of crosslighting. I'm not doubting that but what I doubt is the correct application of the inverse-square law with its standard false interpretation that energy/photons just miraculously disappear with distance. (see quote in post #38 for context)
The photons don't disappear. They spread farther apart, i.e., the density decreases. I think we can assume the number of photons emitted is constant. It's the density of photons as a function of distance from the source that matters. I agree that this doesn't account for the reflection from the sides of the tent or the effect of items inside the tent. Speaking of which, I noticed that light measurements are affected by whether the tent door is closed or open. For that reason, I close the door as much as possible when taking readings.

Inverse Square Law
C

cabinetmaker74

Thanks to everyone who chimed in on this thread. I am grateful for all of the advice and info that I've received from you guys.

Latest posts

Top Bottom