Plants stopped growing problem

• Thread starter donrayan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
donrayan

donrayan

Hi, I have a problem with growing my Bruce Banner #3 plants.
I'm growing them indoors until they get a little bit bigger so I can put them out. I don't have any special equipment since this is my first time growing.

Most of them are 6 weeks old now, except number 4 which is 4 weeks and is 2x bigger than older sisters. So, 6-week old plants are 13-15cm/5-6" tall, 4 weeks old 30cm/11".

I assume that I've fcked up with too much light early on, first 2 weeks I was giving them non-stop light 24/7 (during the day natural light, during night classic 3W LED light - 11" apart).

I am watering them with natural water from well every few days when the soil starts to dry 1-2 inches deep. I've used dark potting soil - image with details attached.

Number 4 was grown simply by the window, normal day/night cycles and it seems to be just fine.
I plan to move it to a bigger pot now.

My questions:
  1. Is it possible and how to make stunned plants start to grow again?
    Currently they have normal day/night light cycle by the window, watering as described, they react to light source and turn, but just don't grow... Some of the first, bottom leafs started to fall off and yellow.

Plants stopped growing problem
Plants stopped growing problem 2
Plants stopped growing problem 3
Plants stopped growing problem 4
Plants stopped growing problem 5
Plants stopped growing problem 6
Plants stopped growing problem 7
Last edited:
donrayan

donrayan

Seems like you have done that right thing by stopping newtz, it seems well watered. All you can really do is put it in a humid spot that's not too sunny and not too dry to help it recover. Not every plant was created equal, much like humans, some are sadly destined to be weak, sick or just different. It's still a beauty! good luck!
Thanks for advice, I could try to put them in more humid spot, since air in the room they are currently in is pretty dry.

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Firstly, stop. They look fine for now. The biggest mistake new growers make is jumping to conclusions and making constant changes. Plants don't like this lol cannabis is VERY forgiving and will forcefully teach you patience. Let them be for now...

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hi, I have a problem with growing my Bruce Banner #3 plants.
I'm growing them indoors until they get a little bit bigger so I can put them out. I don't have any special equipment since this is my first time growing.

Most of them are 6 weeks old now, except number 4 which is 4 weeks and is 2x bigger than older sisters. So, 6-week old plants are 13-15cm/5-6" tall, 4 weeks old 30cm/11".

I assume that I've fcked up with too much light early on, first 2 weeks I was giving them non-stop light 24/7 (during the day natural light, during night classic 3W LED light - 11" apart).

I am watering them with natural water from well every few days when the soil starts to dry 1-2 inches deep. I've used dark potting soil - image with details attached.

Number 4 was grown simply by the window, normal day/night cycles and it seems to be just fine.
I plan to move it to a bigger pot now.

My questions:
  1. Is it possible and how to make stunned plants start to grow again?
    Currently they have normal day/night light cycle by the window, watering as described, they react to light source and turn, but just don't grow... Some of the first, bottom leafs started to fall off and yellow.
Hi, welcome. You need to let the pot dry out almost completely. Go by weight of pot. If you have another couple of pots the same size fill both then water 1 completely and feel the weight. you want to water when the plant feels more like the dry pot than the wet pot.

Your plants look healthy just a bit small, they''l grow give them light.

I'm not sure about your dirt, plants need lose aerated soil. Potting soil imo is too dense it needs more air that's why a lot of folks here add perlite to their soil.

Plants do need some dark time, I find my vegging plants are healthier on 20/4 than 24 /7 specially young plants. When my plants are a month or so old I can go 24 hrs and they do grow a bit faster at that stage without any problems

This is a pic of a Sweet Tooth at 6 weeks under T8 fluorescent lights topped a bunch of times

donrayan

donrayan

Hi, welcome. You need to let the pot dry out almost completely. Go by weight of pot. If you have another couple of pots the same size fill both then water 1 completely and feel the weight. you want to water when the plant feels more like the dry pot than the wet pot.

Your plants look healthy just a bit small, they''l grow give them light.

I'm not sure about your dirt, plants need lose aerated soil. Potting soil imo is too dense it needs more air that's why a lot of folks here add perlite to their soil.

Plants do need some dark time, I find my vegging plants are healthier on 20/4 than 24 /7 specially young plants. When my plants are a month or so old I can go 24 hrs and they do grow a bit faster at that stage without any problems

This is a pic of a Sweet Tooth at 6 weeks under T8 fluorescent lights topped a bunch of timesView attachment 967136
Like the advice, especially one about weight of a pot. Makes sense.
I'll consider adding some perlite and care more about soil density on the next transplant when they grow big enough...

Even if the soil is too dense, I can control aeration by being more careful with watering. So, next time, I shall make it easier for myself by preparing better soil mixture :)

Anthem

Anthem

Like the advice, especially one about weight of a pot. Makes sense.
I'll consider adding some perlite and care more about soil density on the next transplant when they grow big enough...

Even if the soil is too dense, I can control aeration by being more careful with watering. So, next time, I shall make it easier for myself by preparing better soil mixture :)
The girls like their feet to be dry!!!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yup, seems like they've tried to communicate that to me, but I was too stupid to get it xD Thanks forum people! Now I can understand them a bit better.
A lot of us here use a peat based medium, Promix is popular I use GreenWorld basically the same thing. If you have space to store it or work room to keep it dry they come in large compressed bales around $25 another other popular soil is Fox Farms. I can get 20 -25 plants grown out of these bales. Same size as Promix bales

donrayan

donrayan

Hi, an update from me :) Girls started to grow again and they are now in bigger pots for about 2 weeks.
They don't have many leaves which is kinda concerning me, I was expecting them to be bushy...

One of them (img 1.1. and 1.2.) has obviously some kind of issue that is visible on leaves.
Can you tell me what it could be?

If you have any comments or suggestions I would be thankful! :)
Cheers!

Leeroy48

Leeroy48

Hi there.

I ain’t no expert but they look over watered in my opinion. And very stretched were are you getting the light from the window seal.

Please remember I ain’t no expert.
Peace and love 💔 be kind

donrayan

donrayan

Tnx folks! Didn't figure out drainage yet in new pots, but I think that is the reason they are getting over watered.
Yes, they were getting light through the window, I plan to put them outside now the weather is ok.

Latest posts

Top Bottom