Plants struggling. Light left on! Plants TOO BIG!!!!

• Thread starter PLantAsEED
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PLantAsEED

PLantAsEED

So I set my plants to flower two weeks ago. They have seeming to be stressed from possibly light. They continued to progress and grow with what I thought was the "stretch." I tried to solve the issue with ph, nutrients, ect. to no avail. Tonight I was working down there and thought it was odd my lights didnt shut off. So I checked my timer and the "outlet on" switch had been on. Idk if it was the whole two weeks or what. Tent is now jam packed and plants are 21" from top of pot. My max light height is 42" above the pots. If I do another defoliate and they double in size I will be touching the light. Not sure what to do. I can't LST anymore due to how crammed the 3x3x6 space is w/ 4 plants that have now vegged for 13-14weeks. Suggestions???

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Sounds like you need to top heavily and then train the remaining branches in a scrog net. You can get the branches to run horizontally instead of continue vertically... for the most part.

There is no way to stop the stretch, not chemically or anything else, but more blue and less red spectrum will control it, but don't do that because the red is there to initiate flowering. Stretch is just a part of the cycle.

It's amazing how much of a top you can cut off and the plant lives. So start looking at your plant and see which of the lower branches peak at your desired height and then visualize how you can spread them out in the scrog net to maximize your canopy. Once you've done that, make sure the plant is happy, healthy and watered / fed and then go to town with your plan.

Top Bottom