Platinum Cookies X Blue Doggy Dogg

• Thread starter Orcaman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Orcaman

Orcaman

Hello everyone, Me and my wife have been wanting a cookie strain and got a great deal here with the Bitcoin offer. I keep a small perpetual set up going so I can only add a few new ones at a time. So I planted two seeds this morning hoping for at least one girl, two would be nice. If both are males I'll plant some more. What will be interesting is that we will be moving come summer so I might have to wait to finish in till after the move probably taking cuttings to control size and double up off one plant.
I just plant directly in soil with no soaking so we should see some baby's in three to four days.
Platinum cookies x blue doggy dogg

DOGBUDS

DOGBUDS

It's probably going to be a little longer then 3-4 days for the seeds to pop. In the future you could try an almost for sure method to getting those beans bursting, especially if you're paying good dough like some of these seeds cost now a days..

Things needed:
- zip-loc sandwich size bag
- paper towel
- water
- seed
- Co2(breath)

-Start by wetting the paper towel(tap water is fine, I use filtered) slightly ring out the paper towel.
-Place the seed(s) in the paper towel and fold up to a square that will fit in the plastic bag.
-Place paper towel w/seed(s) in the plastic bag.
-Seal the bag leaving an opening big enough to blow your breath into(co2) and fill the bag up and seal. The bag should look like a pillow.
-Place in a look warm place 75+/- preferably dark but not necessary.
- Give this method about 3-5 days making sure paper towel stays moist(which it will). I like my "root" to be close to 1" before taking out of bag and planting.
- Then with the "root" facing down put in your media(soil,rockwool, etc)
- Water with PH'd water.

Hope this helps for future growing.... DB

Orcaman

Orcaman

Thanks for the input DOGBUDS, I like your method but after ten plus years of growing my germ rate is about 98% and hardly ever have a seed go longer then six days to show. Three to four days is standard for me. This morning is 72 hours and still not showing. I'm hoping to show some baby pictures tomorrow.:)

Orcaman

Orcaman

Well, Number two is still has not shown at five and one half days. This morning I planted a third seed because I don't think it is viable Exposing the seed this morning it still had not even cracked open and want at least a 50% chance for a female. An interesting part of growing from seed.:)

ClassV

ClassV

Subbed! I hear you on planting right into the soil. I sprout seeds by planting directly into coco with no problems and get sprouts in four days like clockwork. I'd be afraid of damaging the tap root popping seeds with the paper towel method now, though it does seem to be a method favored by a lot of very good growers. Kind of like baseball, I think some preferences border on superstition.

Fingers crossed for baby girls, and looking forward to the cookies, Orca!

Orcaman

Orcaman

Thanks Burned Haze, and ClassV, I think the biggest advantage to germing in paper towels is you get to watch every step and not waste medium on a non viable seed.
Updating I need to note that number two was not viable. I'm glad that I planted a third seed that is now up. Here are a couple of pictures taken yesterday morning.
Pcdd 1

Pcdd 2

Pcdd 3

Orcaman

Orcaman

Well good Saturday to all, Just gorgeous weather here in Colorado. The wife is even jamming to the song Funky Town. Here is an update on these two little ones. Number one is now 17 days old and now been fed once two days back and looking great.
DSCN0424

Here is number 3 on day 12. This hopeful girl will get fed for the first time in two days. Using General Organics I feed every three to four days based on their needs as well as mine.
DSCN0423

DSCN0419

Orcaman

Orcaman

Here is an update after two weeks of nice growth. I'm starting to see a variation in these two even being five days apart. Number one, 31 days old is going to be bigger then number three, 26 days. Number one is also darker leaved and a much higher feeding metabolism then number three. Looking good so far.
Pair 1

Pair 2

Number 1
Pc 1 1

Pc 1 2

Pc 1 3

Number 3
Pc 2 1
Pc 2 2

Pc 2 3

Orcaman

Orcaman

Here is an update on these two with thirteen more days of growth. Both are very similar in leaf structure with number 1 still just a little darker tone in overall color then number 3. Today number 1 is 44 days old and number 3 is 39 days old. The clipped leaves are from where our female cat tasted a few tips. I put a clean cut to de stress those leaves.
Here they are.
Pair 1

Pair 2

First is number 1. Inspecting this morning the plant is finally popping out a couple of sex nodes but too small to tell yet. A girl please!
C 1 1

C 1 2

C 1 3

And here are these solo shots of number 3 who I think is looking and acting more female then number 1. We will know real soon now!:)
C 2 1

C 2 2

C 2 3

Does anyone here have any knowledge on the background of Chronic Culture ?
Cheers, Orca

Orcaman

Orcaman

Well, At day 51 for number 1, and day 46 for number 3. It's looking like back to the drawing board because I'm pretty sure that they are both males. I've been noticing the lack of branch devlopment in both being a male trait. I'm going to let them go just a little longer but plant two more seeds. The nice thing is we are not moving for another year now and will not have shut the garden down in a month for inspection either. Our landlady took our offer to stay longer and said see you next year. Here are probably the last images of these two. Time to get the seed vault out of the fridge.
Pair 1

Pair 2

Pair 3

Pc 1 1

Pc 1 2

Pc 3 1

Pc 3 2

Last edited:
Orcaman

Orcaman

Great news here, Number 3 is a female. After another inspection yesterday I discovered a hair almost to hard to see but was able to get a picture this morning after up potting her.

Today will be her first day in bloom and my first complete finish using LED. I also want to note that she will not be topped. I want to see her true stature in this first run.

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

Subbed for this, what an interesting cross. Im a couple of weeks behind you, popped and eager for sexing!

Orcaman

Orcaman

Subbed for this, what an interesting cross. Im a couple of weeks behind you, popped and eager for sexing!
I think one of the most fun Cookie crosses available.:)
Here is an update on this PCBDD. She has been in 12's for 16 days now and just starting to bud. Yesterday was her transition to bloom food using General Organics 8 part plus SubCultures.
Pc 1

Pc 3

Pc 5

She has also just started to alternate her nodes.
Pc 7
Pc 8

Pc 4
Here is the baby PCBDD 15 days old today and doing well. Just a little stretchy!
Pc 6

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

Wow, lovely looking structure on her, do you not top? Or only on strains you know can take it?

Are these an available strain? I'm ALWAYS on the hunt for cookie Dom crosses. Can not wait to see how she does, lots of pre flowers developing for you. Excellent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom