Platinum OG

• Thread starter soserthc1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
soserthc1

soserthc1

platinum og is og kush x master/afghani im pretty sure. unless people just call different cuts platinum meaning theyre fire. but i know theres that platinum kush which is master kush x afghani and they crossed it to bubba and og to make those platinums. i think it quickens the flower time, i heard 45 days.. and bulks up yield a little.

i got the platinum og, platinum bubba and platinum kush unless that ones just the plat og too. ill see what theyre all about. didnt care for em at first but seen som bomb ass platinum nugs so why not. theyre popular in the LA med scene. i wonder who originally made those crosses?
There was a strain that won a cup in La in early 2012 that was called just Platinum og - actually it won right after I started this thread , I 'll look up in a minute , but since then I believe it (the platinum moniker) has just been added to the front of a real good grown strain , hence platinum girl scout cookies etc etc....

slausongardens

slausongardens

thats the cut that won the med cup, the og x master/afghan, its all around shops in LA and has been for at least 5 years. and theyve been calliong excellent grown batches platinum as well. kind of confusing

but platinum og, platinum bubba and platinum kush are all real strains

soserthc1

soserthc1

exactly what i was saying sgarden's so basically there is a platinum og and they also use the word platinum in front of excellent grown weed , confusion will step in when breeding the platinum og with other strains you will not be able to tell if its say platinum og * whatever or just a good grown strain of say cherry pie that someone put platinum in front of ...... lets stop changing the way game is played and keep platinum off of title's unless its breaded in ..mho...

slausongardens

slausongardens

chocolope is very underrated.. i remember when i first saw it i was like holy shit!!!! one of the most unique smelling buds ive ever seen. i wish a cut of a good pheno went around, i would rock it for sure. i thought i read dna even made a chocolope og now, that sounds fiiire if the chocolope flavor got passed on, i love that flavor.

and ya the platinum thing is confusing, i didnt know it was an actual strain till recently, i always just thought it was adjective the collective used to describe the good batch.

they tend to use adjectives like private reserve, platinum, fire, super, etc

i didnt think this platinum og would stand up againt the pure ogs but it does, it is dank.

soserthc1

soserthc1

dunno y ppl get so hung up on og.. i'm smokin sum chocolope right now thats as good but yields.. damnn tha chocolope is fiiieeer.. fav clone besides gsc and ghost i got this year..
You got a good point as far as quality you usually cant go wrong with a og but boy do i miss my half lb mango plants ... was always interested in Chocolpe strain but i thinking it was a long strain that kept me away... how long do you run it.... Once i get my shit together i am going to experiment with a ton's of non og strain's ...... peace soser

soserthc1

soserthc1

chocolope is very underrated.. i remember when i first saw it i was like holy shit!!!! one of the most unique smelling buds ive ever seen. i wish a cut of a good pheno went around, i would rock it for sure. i thought i read dna even made a chocolope og now, that sounds fiiire if the chocolope flavor got passed on, i love that flavor.

and ya the platinum thing is confusing, i didnt know it was an actual strain till recently, i always just thought it was adjective the collective used to describe the good batch.

i didnt think this platinum og would stand up againt the pure ogs but it does, it is dank.
Your wild Slaus , is there anything you have not or are not growing , you got it going on in your crib man..... keep it up , love the experiment's bro.....

catdaddy

catdaddy

i got some chocolope i brought a while back, when was the last time you tried it and from what stock your seeds came from?
thanks in advance.

Illmind

Illmind

ya choco is for sure.. there is a platinum og i get in the mitten that is its own thang. very og like in flav great stuff imo... could be ghani x og based on nugs look.. i heard the cookies i just got which arent gsc but cake batter frosting smelling are 'master x og x bubba' and ppl call it cookies now??

slausongardens

slausongardens

i got some chocolope i brought a while back, when was the last time you tried it and from what stock your seeds came from?
thanks in advance.

i dont know, i got it at a dispensary a while back, it had to be a keeper pheno for sure.. it definitely was a special one.. i would take a cut if i was offered for sure.

and illmind, the master x og x bubba sounds like the woody kush, at least thats what the parents are of the woody. straight kush strain, i love it. dont know why people would call it cookies.

i got big plans for that woody after getting it back after a long time.

and soser, i havent run the chocolope haha, i got the chocolate rain instead hoping it would be as good. theres so many strains out there and i have run a lot but theres still a lot more i wanna check out. im deep in the og clones right now and as soon as i get sick of those again im gonna go back to trying the other good stuff too.

my platinum moms looking bad ass. a lot hardier then the usual og's and thicker stems.

soserthc1

soserthc1

i dont know, i got it at a dispensary a while back, it had to be a keeper pheno for sure.. it definitely was a special one.. i would take a cut if i was offered for sure.

and illmind, the master x og x bubba sounds like the woody kush, at least thats what the parents are of the woody. straight kush strain, i love it. dont know why people would call it cookies.

i got big plans for that woody after getting it back after a long time.

and soser, i havent run the chocolope haha, i got the chocolate rain instead hoping it would be as good. theres so many strains out there and i have run a lot but theres still a lot more i wanna check out. im deep in the og clones right now and as soon as i get sick of those again im gonna go back to trying the other good stuff too.

my platinum moms looking bad ass. a lot hardier then the usual og's and thicker stems.
Any pictures bro ?

BUBBAKUSHKID

BUBBAKUSHKID

when i used the advanced nute line i call my buba platnum..but the clone was the same.the buds have a very frosty purple apperance. my friend swears by gh. 3 part.. thats all he uses. his buba is not platnum, even though we have the same cut..we also called it presadential.
he got 28 a p.. i got 36.. but i used granmaster advance regiment. minus the rhino skin of corse. i never needed it.. only used it when it was needed.. not often..

soserthc1

soserthc1

when i used the advanced nute line i call my buba platnum..but the clone was the same.the buds have a very frosty purple apperance. my friend swears by gh. 3 part.. thats all he uses. his buba is not platnum, even though we have the same cut..we also called it presadential.
he got 28 a p.. i got 36.. but i used granmaster advance regiment. minus the rhino skin of corse. i never needed it.. only used it when it was needed.. not often..
I really need to grow straight bubba , ton's of people swear by it and i personally have only grown it as a hybrid in madness (pre 98 bubba * g13/hp ) and thou it was a ass kicking weed. I assumed I got the g13/hp leaner as the smoke was hashy/earthy - strong but nothing like wow I gotta grow this again...

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
ya choco is for sure.. there is a platinum og i get in the mitten that is its own thang. very og like in flav great stuff imo... could be ghani x og based on nugs look.. i heard the cookies i just got which arent gsc but cake batter frosting smelling are 'master x og x bubba' and ppl call it cookies now??

Ive heard great things about Chocolope. Im gonna have to give her a run sometime.

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
Im making S1s of the Platinum Og and Im also hitting it with pollen from my Galactic Tahoe male just for shits in giggles.

heres some pics of my platinum

IMG 3881 copy

These are old pics when I did hydro. Now Im organic but dont have new pics.

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

I got ya bro
I really need to grow straight bubba , ton's of people swear by it and i personally have only grown it as a hybrid in madness (pre 98 bubba * g13/hp ) and thou it was a ass kicking weed. I assumed I got the g13/hp leaner as the smoke was hashy/earthy - strong but nothing like wow I gotta grow this again...

slausongardens

slausongardens

heres some veg pics of the platinum og. in LA there is only one platinum og and this is it.

2012 12 09 161230
2012 12 09 161241
2012 12 09 161252
Top Bottom