Please advise on Saved Clones

• Thread starter Heragrow13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Heragrow13

Heragrow13

Hey Comm,

I hope you are doing great.

I’ve rescued these little ones from a Friend that had had them for a month. They have been with me for 2 weeks. (3 are sour diesel and the other 3 are Og Kush)

I am keeping them on 6.2~6.8 PH
Giving twice a week Root 66, Magical (technaflora) and Alga Grow (Plagron).

They’ve been under an 80watt Amazon offer set; However, I have my mars hydro MH-SP-150 set ready to engage, I am just waiting to avoid Light Burn on them.

They are just starting to have new baby tiny leaves, I am just wondering if there is something I may be missing, or if there is an advise you guys may have for me.

Thanks in advace!

Swords Dance,
HeraGrow13

Please advise on saved clones
Please advise on saved clones 2
Please advise on saved clones 3
dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey hera , saved is the correct word , they dont look like they came from a healthy mom , as most clones should . Your lucky they are alive at all if your friend had them for a month, im sure you will be able to get them back on track but patience is the key word here , feeding them at any normal strength is an unnecessary risk , and same with constant watering , they are extremely fragile and succeptable to all the stress that comes with any normal grow , heat , overwater , light schedeule , nutes , be gentle , wait , and wait , 2 weeks they should start to move in a good direction , maybe longer ......
I would spray , mist the soil , as to not overwater , or over dry the fragile plants....
But thats just me , others may differ....

Heragrow13

Heragrow13

Hey hera , saved is the correct word , they dont look like they came from a healthy mom , as most clones should . Your lucky they are alive at all if your friend had them for a month, im sure you will be able to get them back on track but patience is the key word here , feeding them at any normal strength is an unnecessary risk , and same with constant watering , they are extremely fragile and succeptable to all the stress that comes with any normal grow , heat , overwater , light schedeule , nutes , be gentle , wait , and wait , 2 weeks they should start to move in a good direction , maybe longer ......

Heragrow13

Heragrow13

Hey Dire Wolf, thank you so much for your answer, So no water for a couple of weeks? How would I keep them with the right PH?
I definitely understand what you are saying! Will do!

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey Dire Wolf, thank you so much for your answer, So no water for a couple of weeks? How would I keep them with the right PH?
I definitely understand what you are saying! Will do!
Oh , no , please do give them water , just dont drown them , you may water - mist , spray soil every few days , make sure they are moist just not drowned....
I would use a ph meter to test your water , you can check run off water also , but ph correction in the soil might be tricky with " flushing" the soil , but that might be an option ...
Do you have a ph test strip , or meter ?

What are they planted in now ,? Potting soil ? What kind ?
Did you have roots visible when you recieved the clones ?
Did your friend give you his used soil ?
It could be hevy with nutrient or toxic....

Last edited:
Heragrow13

Heragrow13

Oh , no , please do give them water , just dont drown them , you may water - mist , spray soil every few days , make sure they are moist just not drowned....
I would use a ph meter to test your water , you can check run off water also , but ph correction in the soil might be tricky with " flushing" the soil , but that might be an option ...
Do you have a ph test strip , or meter ?

What are they planted in now ,? Potting soil ? What kind ?
Did you have roots visible when you recieved the clones ?
Did your friend give you his used soil ?
It could be hevy with nutrient or toxic....

Understood, So sprayed with just water?

I have an electronic water PH Meter (see picture)

No roots 😪 but yes new leaves!

Just regular “for indoor soil” not so sure if has any specs other than regular dirt mixes.

My 85watt lights are OK? Or I should give them the Mars equipment?

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey Hera , cool , sure if you can upgrade to a more efficient light system like the mars , you will be better off , eventually you will need to get them growing in the best conditions that are within your means , mars is a good choice , i've seen many users here have great success with that system.

As far as no roots yet , that may actually be a good thing , what i would like to see you do is get your hands on some , promix ( my first choice ) ,and a small bag of " perlite" , you will need to mix the two , the idea being you will have a nutrient free , very drainable medium for your new roots to enter the world into ....
The young plant you have is very sensitive , and an ordinary potting soil like you have now will probably " burn " the roots because it contains nutrients that the young clone isint ready for...

You have other choices , you can use coco , or a light blend fox farm soil , grow shop will reccomend a small bag , or amazon , i forgot the name of fox farm starter mix but ill get it or someone will chime in , these mixes also need the addition of " perlite" home depot or amazon

If you can , check your tap water ph , if you want to , you can pour water in one pot and check ph run off , but thats not really the best idea because your plants are most likely in a container full of soil that i would reccomend getting rid of ....

Sorry , but there id a bit of work to get weak clones like yours back to life , but dont give up i think they will make it , u less your buddy took already half dead clones and stuck them in that jiffy pot , then they may decline quickly , were they healthy when he gave them to you ?

Your 6.2 ph is good
Can i get a pic of the light that you are using ? Make sure its not too close , heat is a major issue , if it feel warm / hot with your hand underneath , then raise it up ...

Also , take a pic of the soil bag if you have it , it actually looks fortefied with perlite and might be good enough ....

Last edited:
Heragrow13

Heragrow13

Thank you much Dire Wolf! Lots of informatiob exactly what I needed. I will work on them and will add the pictures I think I have a good enhanced Soil.
Lights from Amazon doesn’t generate ant hit, but I would definitely take the heat under consideration. They are currently half way where they should be, I will move it now!

I live in cold mountain weather 🥦 but definitely understand Light Heat should be avoided!

Pictures on the way!

Do you have a Grower Instagram Account? I we can chat a bit it’ll be great!

I am HeraGrow13 out there as well!

dire wolf

dire wolf

Ok hera , so my advice for you , momentarily is dont get too frustrated , what is happening unfortunately , is that you are trying to fix someone elses fuck up

It was nice to get the gift clones , but along with that gift came a huge inconvienience of bringing them back to life first , and that is not the job for a beginner grower , growing comes with all kinds of hurdles and obstacles that start even when you are focused on your own grow , you were gifted a nightmare...

Are you trying to save them because of the famous strain name attached to them ? Are you sure they are good plants with a proven result ? Because if not , i would suggest you start with some fresh seeds , or fresh clones and dont give yoursrlff such a headache ....

But , if you tackle this one , you will learn a lot about how resiliant weed plants are even under the harshest conditions ....
That bag of soil ? Looks really funny , i never saw that before , at least not where i am , and itd pretty dang big ....
Wherever you got it ? Go get some perlite , that type of soil if im correct might be too dense for proper drainage , and you have 50 lbs of it , so looks like you may be using it for a few grows...
Can you take a pic of the nutrient numbers on the back of the bag , it will be printed NPK , nitrogen , etc .....

Last edited:
dire wolf

dire wolf

Thank you much Dire Wolf! Lots of informatiob exactly what I needed. I will work on them and will add the pictures I think I have a good enhanced Soil.
Lights from Amazon doesn’t generate ant hit, but I would definitely take the heat under consideration. They are currently half way where they should be, I will move it now!

I live in cold mountain weather 🥦 but definitely understand Light Heat should be avoided!

Pictures on the way!

Do you have a Grower Instagram Account? I we can chat a bit it’ll be great!

I am HeraGrow13 out there as well!
No account but yo can PM me here

dire wolf

dire wolf

Also , just a thought , clones are ready for quick nutrient absorbtion just like full grown mothet plants , your issue is that you dont have an established root system , and the additives and nutrient rich soil will burn the new root growth
As a habit when i drop clones , i will put them into promix and perlite for a week with a tiny bit of nutrient , just till the roots grab hold , if you cant get your roots growing comfortably , the plants arent going to go anywhere ,

Maybe try and grab a small bag of promix and cut it with 10 or 20p % of that bag soil .....
Just a theory , as i said before , someone gave you some struggling cuts ,

Another theory , if they dont have roots yet , there is plenty of peat plug that they are in , that they can grow into comfortably , so might just have to wait it out till cuts settle , leaf grows a little to catch energy and roots pop in a week or 2 , then you should be ok , just take it easy with the watering ....root pellets moist , not soaked

Heragrow13

Heragrow13

I am taking them because is the only thing I can grow at the time, and yes! I definitely want to learn to overcome all these to gain the knowledge! Your Profile seems to be for short audience since I cannot reach it 😪

This is my second grow, and I’ve learned so much from mistakes, learning is what I am looking at this point!

I think that if I can bring them back to life I will be gathering the right bunch of knowledge!

This is NPK soil, and it has perlite on it! They are sold by a grow your self provider!
And In regards to the chemistry part I am well informed 🤓

dire wolf

dire wolf

18 hours light on 6 hours light off....
Also check your room temps , maybe you need a heater ? If in cold canada...

Heragrow13

Heragrow13

I live in Costa Rica, San José’s mountain side right in the middle of the continent 🤓

It gets cold but never Frosty! We never ever reached Ice before, and we are on tropical summer so I guess temp is right there in the exact point more going to cold than warm!

I have them on 20 light 4 dark, should I lower that?

I try to give em as much sun light as possible 🤓

• Love
Reactions: Ina
dire wolf

dire wolf

I am taking them because is the only thing I can grow at the time, and yes! I definitely want to learn to overcome all these to gain the knowledge! Your Profile seems to be for short audience since I cannot reach it 😪

This is my second grow, and I’ve learned so much from mistakes, learning is what I am looking at this point!

I think that if I can bring them back to life I will be gathering the right bunch of knowledge!

This is NPK soil, and it has perlite on it! They are sold by a grow your self provider!
And In regards to the chemistry part I am well informed 🤓
Ok cool , so i think it might just be a matter of time , if drainage is good , watering is controlled ,ph is around 6 , 6.5
Maybe dig up plug in a week , once you get more root growth
Keep in mind sour diesels are notoriously finicky , thats another obstacle for you ,
Can you drop a few seeds just for some grow satisfaction ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom