Please Advise- Too Buy Co2 Machine Or Not

• Thread starter thetruth707
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

thetruth707

Hi All-
I have been running a closed loop BHO machine for 2 years up in the emerald triangle.
Our CA governemnt has passed laws where we are getting ready for licensing in 2018
My friends and I were thinking of buying the Waters CO2 machine and opening a permitted lab

Q's-
1) The machine(waters) and other equiptment is 250k, Is this worth it?
Is there much of a market of CO2? I know making wax and the machines are cheap etc, however the CO2 is safer and seems like a clean product.
I would hate to spend all that money and have an extract noone wants.
2) Would people rather invest money in a system to make the clear?

THANKS SO MUCH COMMUNITY
BLESS

T

thetruth707

Look into Rosin. Might be another answer.
Definently am, just seems more labor intensive, and needs higher quality input then CO2 or BHO.
Just want to put out tons of product and under a legit company and not hide behind the curtain.
Just worried CO2 market is going to die...

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Great points about it needing to be higher quality.

I already pass on everything except Rosin. Especially BHO. However with all the testing that will become law, as long as it tests clean, I will reconsider BHO, ISO, ext.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
ANy other opinions on CO2 machien or the Waters Machine?
Its a great idea..because it will be the future for commercial extraction. .. so you getting in on the ground floor and getting practice and youll be ahead of the game... i still believe butane will be dead in less than 5 years... and if its just for small personal batches then i would still recommend iso/ec

Graywolf

Graywolf

Hi All-
I have been running a closed loop BHO machine for 2 years up in the emerald triangle.
Our CA governemnt has passed laws where we are getting ready for licensing in 2018
My friends and I were thinking of buying the Waters CO2 machine and opening a permitted lab

Q's-
1) The machine(waters) and other equiptment is 250k, Is this worth it?
Is there much of a market of CO2? I know making wax and the machines are cheap etc, however the CO2 is safer and seems like a clean product.
I would hate to spend all that money and have an extract noone wants.
2) Would people rather invest money in a system to make the clear?

THANKS SO MUCH COMMUNITY
BLESS

CO2 certainly works for the cart market. I've also sampled some highly aromatic, tasty, and effective wax made by the process.

I guess we've already voted with our feet, by further developing BHO extraction, from which we make everything from shatter to clear.

BHO is cheaper per gram to produce quality marketable product, and we use both a Kugelrohr and Pharmer Joe's continuous feed molecular still currently undergoing trials, when we covet clear.

C

califarmer5

ANy other opinions on CO2 machien or the Waters Machine?
The co2 market wont die, it hasnt even begun, there is some much that is unknown with it, imo.
Look at all the edible companies that will sprout up in CA, many counties wont allow bho in the future as well.. Ca already said there will be minimum bho licenses. Another machine i have been looking at is the Neofarms machine..

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

all bho tastes like fuel to me. Rosin for the win. $250,000 and you could develop the industry standard rosin machine. Think about it.

G

gt pureweed

CO2 is a pricey game and you wont get massive yields...you get that with BHO, Live, Rosin, Alcohol and some other methods. If you are looking to go the THC distillate route, just beef up your BHO /Live Resin and then a couple of short paths for that same price. CO2 is great for flavors/smells and vape pens, but a lot of money can disappear trying to develop and jump into the those CO2 markets.

I'd say make sure you have a complete game and your processes on lock before trying to jump hardcore into the CO2 market. If you don't get the yields on the CO2 machine(s) and have to pay for material...then there is a good chance every run could be a loss.

J

Jim Durward

I agree with GT - figure out what you're doing before you make the huge investment that Waters/Eden/Apeks requires. The Critical CO2 machines were built specifically for this market segment. I am associated with the $5K CriticalCO2 machines - so I apologize for the shameless plug. www.criticalco2ltd.com

N

noone88

That is the risk you need to take if you want to get into the extraction game. While CO2 and BHO is no longer the bleeding edge, you're still taking a risk if you decide to purchase any of these expensive machines. The extract market is still in flux, full of speculation and fucked up marketing, selfish vendors, uninformed consumers, and little-to-zero regulation.

I would go with Rosin and Ethanol extracts for now. Rosin will be a premium until packs start going for about $1k. Ethanol extracts are probably the most cost affordable. IMO.

xavier7995

xavier7995

The co2 market wont die, it hasnt even begun, there is some much that is unknown with it, imo.
Look at all the edible companies that will sprout up in CA, many counties wont allow bho in the future as well.. Ca already said there will be minimum bho licenses. Another machine i have been looking at is the Neofarms machine..

I don't agree. A friend in CA has been running one of those insanely expensive co2 machines for several years now. I think the market spoke, the stuff is just freaking expensive. It is amazing oil though, great taste and such. Dude is definitely not making a killing running it though; that initial cash outlay and the low yields are hard to overcome.

I think you are on to something though with going CO2 to be prepared for future regulations. Are you sure CO2 isn't going to get regulated as well? I don't really know enough about them, but I would imagine the bho regulations are because people blow themselves up...does co2 have that same risk?

G

gt pureweed

I don't agree. A friend in CA has been running one of those insanely expensive co2 machines for several years now. I think the market spoke, the stuff is just freaking expensive. It is amazing oil though, great taste and such. Dude is definitely not making a killing running it though; that initial cash outlay and the low yields are hard to overcome.

I think you are on to something though with going CO2 to be prepared for future regulations. Are you sure CO2 isn't going to get regulated as well? I don't really know enough about them, but I would imagine the bho regulations are because people blow themselves up...does co2 have that same risk?

There may be some truth to that. Regulation and compliancy is easier with CO2 extraction versus BHO and some other extraction methods. I don't forsee regulation that would target just CO2 extraction or its concentrates, if anything it would be tighter regs on the entire concentrate market. Its the safety factors and the amount of prior mishaps that have caused tighter regs on butane/propane.

If you really are thinking about any extraction, look at the full scope and what other possible processes/equipment are really needed to make a marketable product. There are several different extraction methods...and now what seems like dozens making different types of extraction machines. However that is just the extraction...now what are you going to with that RAW extract? If you cant answer that question in detail .... then stop and go back and answer that question in detail, then maybe purchase the machine if the numbers play out right.

Graywolf

Graywolf

Not making a killing in part because of labor costs. It is a relatively slow equipment intensive process.

Cheaply make CO2 extraction systems certainly have the potential at several thousand pounds of internal pressure.

Most of the folks blowing themselves up are indoors and not using expensive BHO equipment. Not as easy to duplicate cheeeeeeply and easily with SCFE CO2 so it is ostensibly only the high pressures involved that will draw in current ASME pressure vessel codes..

Latest posts

Top Bottom