Please allow me to introduce myself...

• Thread starter Kanashiihawk63
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I'd put at least a dozen bands ahead of the Rolling Stones. I'm not quite 60 and although they were still popular, they had reached their peak. Pink Floyd would be in the top on my list. So would AC/DC, the Eagles, Aerosmith and a few others.
I'll be 60 in March and I can put at least a dozen myself. But as much as I love Rock, one of my top of the top list is Tommy Emmanuel. The guy is amazing. 8 fingers on each hand.

Kanashiihawk63

Kanashiihawk63

Supporter
OK...I gotta share one of MY favorite top 10 songs and Bands. End of The Line enjoy and thank you all for the warm welcome, the laughs and the good hearted debates... Personally The stones are NOT in my top 5, I love them...But even though I was born the in the 1960's, I am more of an '80's kid. So I loved cassetess and CDS from: The Police, Genesis, Black Sabbath, U2, Tom Petty/etc... I think I mentioned I also love classical music (I play myself) as well as some of the more classical singers (Enya, Clannad, etc).
Warmly,
Jackie

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

OK...I gotta share one of MY favorite top 10 songs and Bands. End of The Line enjoy and thank you all for the warm welcome, the laughs and the good hearted debates... Personally The stones are NOT in my top 5, I love them...But even though I was born the in the 1960's, I am more of an '80's kid. So I loved cassetess and CDS from: The Police, Genesis, Black Sabbath, U2, Tom Petty/etc... I think I mentioned I also love classical music (I play myself) as well as some of the more classical singers (Enya, Clannad, etc).
Warmly,
Jackie
Excellent tuneage.
There are a few of us here that play, or used to.

GoblinSmasher

GoblinSmasher

Totally the other way around. The pickups amplify every single mistake. It is easier to hide in the mix though.

Oh, I played acoustic before electric and noticed that, but the acoustic require more finger strength and technique, while its easier to hide on the electric as you say yes.

What guitar you play and what tunes ? I should not hijack this gilf's thread so you could probably shoot me a pm if you care for a chat.

Best wishes

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Oh, I played acoustic before electric and noticed that, but the acoustic require more finger strength and technique, while its easier to hide on the electric as you say yes.

What guitar you play and what tunes ? I should not hijack this gilf's thread so you could probably shoot me a pm if you care for a chat.

Best wishes
Threads go wild here all the time, OP will say something if they want it kept clean. I play mostly classic rock on acoustic. I'm not much of an electric player.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Check out this thread. I play most of the stuff that I post.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I'll be 60 in March and I can put at least a dozen myself. But as much as I love Rock, one of my top of the top list is Tommy Emmanuel. The guy is amazing. 8 fingers on each hand.
Gee it would be nice to be that young again....lol I have a decade on you 🧙‍♂️🧙‍♂️👴👴

Top Bottom