Please assist me? Ugh

• Thread starter ThatCrazyStonerChick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aphex.dave

Aphex.dave

Yeah the big bloom is actually used from seedling right thru, really confused me using something with that name from seed through veg but it's working

Vagician

Vagician

4? I thought it was seedling, veg, and flower? If they're in veg, I'm supposed to start nutes every other watering, no? I thought they weren't in veg until the 5 blades were prominent?

1 - Germination from seedling (not seen if using clones but this prep stage is why seedlings take longer to really take off)
2 - Rapid growth phase (aka vegetative growth)
3 - Flowering
4 - Fruiting and seed formation (since cannabis plants grown for flower are hopefully all female, one usually doesn't see this)

The very first set of non-serrated leaves that form after seed germination are called cotyledons. The next set of (now serrated) leaves after that could be considered vegetative growth but that cutoff is kind of arbitrary to the day to day in growing cannabis. The plant basically changes the set of hormones it is using throughout its life cycle but don't worry, that's advanced stuff that doesn't really matter, moreso just wanted to let you know about the idea if you want to learn more.

Fertilizing every other watering isn't a bad idea. You'll learn to read the plant over time and possibly change that up. The nutrient bottles always want you to use the most amount of product without burning the plant. They formulate so that you use up their product as quick as possible and you have to go out and buy more. You can usually get away with a half dose and if the plants show a deficiency then you can turn it back up to three quarter or full strength. Plants in early veg usually don't need much.

Aphex.dave

Aphex.dave

1 - Germination from seedling (not seen if using clones but this prep stage is why seedlings take longer to really take off)
3 - Flowering
4 - Fruiting and seed formation (since cannabis plants grown for flower are hopefully all female, one usually doesn't see this)

The very first set of non-serrated leaves that form after seed germination are called cotyledons. The next set of (now serrated) leaves after that could be considered vegetative growth but that cutoff is kind of arbitrary to the day to day in growing cannabis. The plant basically changes the set of hormones it is using throughout its life cycle but don't worry, that's advanced stuff that doesn't really matter, moreso just wanted to let you know about the idea if you want to learn more.

Fertilizing every other watering isn't a bad idea. You'll learn to read the plant over time and possibly change that up. The nutrient bottles always want you to use the most amount of product without burning the plant. They formulate so that you use up their product as quick as possible and you have to go out and buy more. You can usually get away with a half dose and if the plants show a deficiency then you can turn it back up to three quarter or full strength. Plants in early veg usually don't need much.
Sound advice

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

3 - Flowering

Lots of info! I was going to start at 1/4 strength. Thanks!

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

I didn't know that. I thought Grow Big was used in veg. So, are you using both or just the Bloom?

I only use vegetive ratio nutes from clone thru flower, imo bloom ratios are nonsense! 3-1-4 works great from veg thru flower, 1-1-1 works fine from veg thru flower, 1-4-5 even works if using a hot soil like FF ocean forest, but that big bloom stuff is so low in npk #s that it really doesn't matter much what the npk of it is..

Mr. Krinkle

Mr. Krinkle

yea whatever - it isn't really soil but we still call peat mixes "soil" as opposed to coco....the Vag should be showing up any minute now to show us how smart he is with his proper lesson for the day 🙄😉

Aphex.dave

Aphex.dave

I didn't know that. I thought Grow Big was used in veg. So, are you using both or just the Bloom?
Hi yep I'm using a little of the big bloom say once per week and grow big every second watering, they seems ok with that for now, wont touch the tiger bloom until I go into flowering phase. Amounts tend to vary depending what I think they need, I'm trying to read the plants not stick to any schedule religiously

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
and yea which promix are you using? the HP the BX? which which?
Both of those varieties are damn near impossible to overwater, although the HP really drains out quickly. What I like about it is that you can water the sh!t out of it, then come back 2 hours later, dig down 6 inches, and the medium is damp but not soggy... it allows a ton of O2 in and keeps the water suspended but not suffocating. To me, it's foolproof and super easy and cheap to use with a few additions (I add about 20% Compost/manure and a half cup of wood ashes per 5 gallon). I think the HP also contains the same root stimulant as the BX variety.

Mr. Krinkle

Mr. Krinkle

Have never heard promix or peat mixes called soil. Its "soilless", and very similar to coco. I agree, Vag has some good points 👍🏻.

again, Im not talking "technically" - im talking amongst pot growers - we know it's called "soilless" but we still call it soil

Mr. Krinkle

Mr. Krinkle

Both of those varieties are damn near impossible to overwater, although the HP really drains out quickly. What I like about it is that you can water the sh!t out of it, then come back 2 hours later, dig down 6 inches, and the medium is damp but not soggy... it allows a ton of O2 in and keeps the water suspended but not suffocating. To me, it's foolproof and super easy and cheap to use with a few additions (I add about 20% Compost/manure and a half cup of wood ashes per 5 gallon). I think the HP also contains the same root stimulant as the BX variety.

yea the BX holds more water than the HP - i think the HP is better - more aeration is just always better for me - and right you just add compost and/or castings for more life and water holding ability to suit what you'd prefer

i've been using royal gold tupur for about 4 years now - i still like that a lot...i re-use it for 3 or 4 runs too - gotta add some perlite after the 2nd run and give it a toss to help it from settling too much and holding too much water but it's worth it

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

Nah i dont waste my time with it anymore - you chase your tail with that whole thing trying to get it perfect - and it's worse to use ph up than it is to use ph down because itll just keep going up - and a high ph is worse than a low and blah blah....

let me ask you this, have you run them without adjusting ph at all? or are you just doing it because that's what most people are telling you to do?
I'm doing it because it seems like almost everybody does it. Plus, I thought it had to be a certain ph to absorb nutrients, no?

Latest posts

Top Bottom