Please check my trichomes, are they cloudy enough?

• Thread starter Pigzmickey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pigzmickey

Pigzmickey

First time grower here.
Can you "advanced growers" tell me if this is what is meant by "Cloudy Trichomes"?
I am in week 11 for Auto Cake Batter in Coco, should I now start flushing? If so, 1 or 2 weeks?

Any & all advice is appreciated! đź‘Ť

Please check my trichomes are they cloudy enough
Please check my trichomes are they cloudy enough 2
Please check my trichomes are they cloudy enough 3
Trichomes
IMG 20230402 123333
TomH

TomH

I’m far from the expert level, but that looks like it’s going to be some couch lock weed.

Looks like it may have been ready a week ago, but probably still at the end of the window.

Moshmen

Moshmen

So now is all personal preference! You are in the window for chopping , I like to let a few turn amber before I chop - u are def not at couch lock point yet!

Imo flushing is a myth just cut back or water o my a few times when she’s done growing and swelling it will stop drinking water - so when you see a slow down you k is your close or ready

steamroller

steamroller

I see some cloudy some clear?
I would want at least 10% amber with most the rest cloudy.
Common thinking is the earlier you harvest [ in the proper time frame] the more of a active buzz you will get.
The more amber you gain the more couch lock effect the plant should have.
People looking for the buzz chop when I do.
People looking for the pain management or sleep aide wait for the amber to take over.
Fact is the amber is THC degrading.

Pigzmickey

Pigzmickey

I see some cloudy some clear?
I would want at least 10% amber with most the rest cloudy.
Common thinking is the earlier you harvest [ in the proper time frame] the more of a active buzz you will get.
The more amber you gain the more couch lock effect the plant should have.
People looking for the buzz chop when I do.
People looking for the pain management or sleep aide wait for the amber to take over.
Fact is the amber is THC degrading.
So, if I start flushing now for a week or 2, there should be more amber at the final chop.
Does that sound logical, or am I missing something?

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
So, if I start flushing now for a week or 2, there should be more amber at the final chop.
Does that sound logical, or am I missing something?
As @Moshmen mentioned, many of us on here do not flush their plants. There have been studies that find it is not beneficial. Most of us on here will reduce the amount of nutrients up until the end. My last watering is always regular RO water, but I do not flush personally. To each is their own on this preference. In my opinion, your trichome is where I personally like to chop, but some people prefer to go longer and some prefer sooner. But like others have mentioned you are in the window, you could’ve chopped last week, last night, or next week.

steamroller

steamroller

I share Moshs and many others thoughts on flushing.
I don't.
I just stick with my gradual decrease in nuets and recognize when the plant drinks less.
When the plant drinks less I offer plain water, but it is not weeks before chop for me.

Pigzmickey

Pigzmickey

Plant 1 yielded a dry weight of 155g, very happy! 🤤
Keeping it in airtight containers @ around 62%RH, now 30 days in to cure, I'm burping every few days...
Thanks for all the advice!

Burping

Latest posts

Top Bottom