Please Diagnose My Plants Defects!

• Thread starter Mavafunculo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mavafunculo

Mavafunculo

Hi, first time grower here, and I’ve run into some problems that I just can’t pin point the reason of its occurrence. Some of my Fan Leaves have brown spots, some even looking like they have burnt tips. I’ve done some research and some of the things I have found it could be is Root Rot, Nutrient Burn and/or pH Fluctuations, but have little knowledge on this and could be completely wrong.

My soil mix is 2-part Premium Potting mix from my local garden store, and 1-part Mushroom Compost I had left over from my Vegetable Garden, with added Perlite for aeration. I also use nutrients in my water: House & Garden Van De Zwaan Soil A & Soil B and Hy-Gen BudLink, 30mls of each mixed into a 10L water container. These nutrients and ratios were advised to me by a friend who has used the exact same liquid nutrients and potting mix, minus the 1-part Mushroom Compost (only thing I have done differently to them so far) and they haven’t encountered the same problems as I have with their previous and current grow, although I am now skeptical that the nutrients might be my problem.

I don’t think it could be Root Rot as I water them only when the soil is dry past my second knuckle which means watering is 2-3 times a week depending on the weather. They also only get 4 cups (I use the plastic Reds cups around 450mls in size) when watered which is enough to see some excess water flow out from under the pots. I also re-potted them 5 days ago and my roots did not look like they had Root Rot from the photos and videos I saw.

As for the pH Fluctuations, I don’t know too much about pH levels although I have ordered a pH tester to test the water with the nutrients and the soil which should be arriving next week some time.

I have attached some photos of the leaves and the nutrients I have been using to help better understand my problem, I’m looking forward to hearing what you guys have to say, thanks for your time!

Please diagnose my plants defects
Please diagnose my plants defects 2
Please diagnose my plants defects 3
Please diagnose my plants defects 4
Please diagnose my plants defects 5
Please diagnose my plants defects 6
Mavafunculo

Mavafunculo

I started using a Neem Oil pesticide 2 days ago because there were some bugs, i know thatss most likely the cause of the holes, but what about the brown spots?

DismalDude

DismalDude

You definitely have some chewers on that plant for sure. The soil also looks very wet though you may just have watered. You can get the brown flaky leaves from over watering. If it was nute burn you would usually,not always,but usually see it on the tips of the leaves first. If you're already using Neem I would say give it a bit of time to see if it helps and in the meantime let the soil dry a bit more between watering/feeding.

Mavafunculo

Mavafunculo

You definitely have some chewers on that plant for sure. The soil also looks very wet though you may just have watered. You can get the brown flaky leaves from over watering. If it was nute burn you would usually,not always,but usually see it on the tips of the leaves first. If you're already using Neem I would say give it a bit of time to see if it helps and in the meantime let the soil dry a bit more between watering/feeding.

I watered them the night before taking these photos haha, i try not to water them too often only when needed. Yeah thats why I was so confused because all the researched i done nute burn looked the closest to my problem but not exactly the same enough to say it was the cause. Well i just started with the Need Oil so hopefully i see some improvements soon!

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
It really depends as its an outdoor grow, in the past 2 months we have had some nights at 5-6℃ and some nights at 25℃ and everything in between!
Those temps will fuck your plant up, especially swings at that margin. Maybe until you get a good stable temp, take it in at nights?

Mavafunculo

Mavafunculo

Those temps will fuck your plant up, especially swings at that margin. Maybe until you get a good stable temp, take it in at nights?
Yeah I might have too, sometimes its just way too cold. Its meant to be summer here already so hopefully the temperature picks up in the next couple of weeks.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I agree with the "Less is Better" philosophy. I've used nothing but 4 or 5 components for decades with excellent results. Never burnt anything, never measured PH, or PPM, or a light meter. I water daily and never have rot or too much water caused problems. Simple will get you to 95%...the extra 5% comes from some of the fancier products, In my opinion. I feel that you will do fine with a basic recipe and regular watering and simple feeding. When you get your process to the point that it works well every time, then you can start changing stuff to see what helps most with your process. Everyone thinks their way is best, and some think that you need all of the fancy names and potions that are offered. Do what works best for you and what makes you feel the best about it.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Looks like white fly suckers. I seen you sprayed neem, follow Through with spray every 3 days for next 2 weeks.(Then repeater spraying 2x a month) (till preflower, never use neem in flower) You gotta break the cycle or they will destroy the plant. Also any vegetables grown around the plant? Check them for those suckers AS well, I usually spray and surrounding vegetation to ensure it’s as sanitary as possible. Looks like you are doing things right and remove any dead damaged lower leaves. This ensures the plant isn’t struggling to maintain lower damaged foliage.

Top Bottom