Please dont tell me its over with and i have to kill

• Thread starter Ghost91809
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Ghost91809

I'm so lost and dont know what to do. I'm using foxfarm ocean grown forest soil and a 4 by 8 tent. One 300 watt led and two 450 watt led. I didnt use nutrients during flower and about two weeks ago I notice the first sign of white powder. So this week I started flowering with nutrients and this is what it is today. Is there anyway i can save them!?!?!?!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
If you haven't sprayed your plants with anything, I would suspect powdery mildew, although I have never dealt with it before. There are members who are well versed in dealing with this problem, although ventilation and humidity control is essential from my limited understanding.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
100% Powdery mildew. Battled it a lot over here. In my experience, the only way to actually prevent it from spreading once you see it is using a sulphur burner. If its caught super early you could remove any infected foliage and burn sulphur once every 3-4 days to prevent it from spreading.

But in your case being in flower and it's already everywhere.. If it were me, I'd chop down and start over. It looks like it's running rampant in there.

Excellent air circulation and ventilation is important for preventing it too, but once it's in there and taken hold, no amount of wind and fresh air will stop it.

Sorry bro..

[EDIT] I looked at the video again... They are in pretty early flower and probably could be saved if you have the means to setup a burner.

I would first wash them all very thoroughly with wettable powdered sulphur in a spray bottle. Then set up a burner to come on for 4 hrs per night for a week, then once every 4 days up to week 6. With the PM already in the plant, as soon as you stop with the sulphur burns it will start to regrow, so time when you stop about 10 days before you plan to chop. The sulphur will volatilize and will not affect the buds.

Last edited:
SinCity

SinCity

I'm so lost and dont know what to do. I'm using foxfarm ocean grown forest soil and a 4 by 8 tent. One 300 watt led and two 450 watt led. I didnt use nutrients during flower and about two weeks ago I notice the first sign of white powder. So this week I started flowering with nutrients and this is what it is today. Is there anyway i can save them!?!?!?!

condolences...that's PM for sure...nothing you can do. it all has to go. and you have to do a serious sterilization of EVERY inch of that tent and all your equipment. take all your pots and all your soil to the dump.

you have to diagnose where the PM came from...if you're inside and aren't spraying, any contact with other plants--and even with amended soils which are put into bags from giant mounds kept outside exposed to all kinds of pathogens--have to be eliminated. clothes and shoes should be taken off before you go into your tent...you can easily bring pathogens in from your yard.

we're these cuttings?

next round, if you see any hint of powdery cloudiness at all, you're gonna have to get aggressive.

too bad, cuz you can tell they were nice plants.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
100% Powdery mildew. Battled it a lot over here. In my experience, the only way to actually prevent it from spreading once you see it is using a sulphur burner. If its caught super early you could remove any infected foliage and burn sulphur once every 3-4 days to prevent it from spreading.

But in your case being in flower and it's already everywhere.. If it were me, I'd chop down and start over. It looks like it's running rampant in there.

Excellent air circulation and ventilation is important for preventing it too, but once it's in there and taken hold, no amount of wind and fresh air will stop it.

Sorry bro..

[EDIT] I looked at the video again... They are in pretty early flower and probably could be saved if you have the means to setup a burner.

I would first wash them all very thoroughly with wettable powdered sulphur in a spray bottle. Then set up a burner to come on for 4 hrs per night for a week, then once every 4 days up to week 6. With the PM already in the plant, as soon as you stop with the sulphur burns it will start to regrow, so time when you stop about 10 days before you plan to chop. The sulphur will volatilize and will not affect the buds.
On a side note, from my previous understandings with the Sulphur candles, don't use them when the plants are wet, as the combination of sulfur and water makes for sulfuric acid. I saw someone who did this and it scorched his grow. I also think that PM is systemic and not just limited to the outside surfaces, but I'm going by hearsay and not by experience.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
On a side note, from my previous understandings with the Sulphur candles, don't use them when the plants are wet, as the combination of sulfur and water makes for sulfuric acid. I saw someone who did this and it scorched his grow. I also think that PM is systemic and not just limited to the outside surfaces, but I'm going by hearsay and not by experience.

That's an excellent point. It's also important you never vaporize sulphur within 3 weeks of any horticultural oil application such as neem. Itll just fry the plants.

And yeah the systemic nature of it is debated but I feel it is absolutely systemic once a plant is infected. Thats why systemic fungicides like Nova 40 work so well on it. Shame that it's not safe to use.. But vaporized sulphur will eventually wipe it out. It took me 3 crop cycles to eradicate it from my bubba kush cut, but I havent had to use my burner for almost 6 months and no signs of PM, so knock on wood..

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I also just read that you are in a tent. If the tent is in your house using a sulphur burner might not be an option as it's not safe for humans to inhale the vapour. If its VERY well sealed and vents directly outside you may be able to get away with it.

Having the option to use a sulphur burner played a big part in my decision to build a shed to grow in rather than using a tent in a spare bedroom. PM can be a major problem.

the rrock

the rrock

sulphur burner for no longer than 5 minutes(never heard of a sulphur candle) btw inhaling sulphur wont harm you. I would try and wash off plants once the PM is gone. Ive used sulphur probably 20+ times between me and my friends with great results just dont go too long of duration eradicating the room

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
sulphur burner for no longer than 5 minutes(never heard of a sulphur candle) btw inhaling sulphur wont harm you. I would try and wash off plants once the PM is gone. Ive used sulphur probably 20+ times between me and my friends with great results just dont go too long of duration eradicating the room

5 mins? A good sulphur burner takes 20 mins to get the sulphur up to vaporization temp. And everything I have ever read or learned says 1 hr minimum.
I've used mine extensively over the years and have found 1 hour burns minimum for maintenance and prevention, and 4-5 hours per night for a week straight for eradication works best.

As for inhaling it, It wont kill you but it will certainly irritate the hell out of your lungs and stink up the house.

Screenshot 20190710 100431 Drive

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

For future watch your night time humidity when the temp drops humidity spikes. This is often time the culprit.

Top Bottom