Please Explain This Plant Structure

• Thread starter Shroomtrips
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shroomtrips

Shroomtrips

Well if your seeing purple under your light it's not a bad thing it's the strain, looks good!

I think its in genetics. Plants are doing perfectly well. I like the praying fan leaves, they are really enjoying their time :) It is my first run of regular seeds so somethings are new. I get a bit stressed sometimes :))

Shroomtrips

Shroomtrips

It is a Stardawg corey haim X Original New York City Diesel by the way

Shroomtrips

Shroomtrips

I used to detect my early males by observing alternating branches. (I say used to because I now used feminised decent genetics. ) If I had'nt switched 12_12 and they started alternating It was a sign to me that it was likely a male. The others would'nt start alternatinv. Until I switched. If you reveg you will find branches will grow evenly again. This answer is from my own observations from 5 indoor grows under lights in a tent. Im always open to correction as I know there are far more knowledgable people on here.

I dont know about "decent feminised genetics". Feminised means stress, seeds cant be good. Hermie tendencies, general plant weakness to stress, deceases, other problems. Why top class genetics are regular seed only and they are $200+ for 10 seeds? There is a point for sure ;) Im yet to witness this because its my first grow, but my wise friend said not to even bother with feminised seeds

Shroomtrips

Shroomtrips

I dont know about "decent feminised genetics". Feminised means stress, seeds cant be good. Hermie tendencies, general plant weakness to stress, deceases, other problems. Why top class genetics are regular seed only and they are $200+ for 10 seeds? There is a point for sure ;) Im yet to witness this because its my first grow, but my wise friend said not to even bother with feminised seeds

I mean first grow from regular seeds

dankninja

dankninja

I will post a picture here every week just to show how they are doing. Apparently Top Dawg Genetics is THE shit, Stardawg, OG Kush, Nigerian Haze etc... Peeps are saying that there is a fire in every pack that comes from Top Dawg.

JJ does very good work, professional. ONYCD throws me for a loop, because if thats soma's cut, it is NOT sour diesel, or anything related.

Shroomtrips

Shroomtrips

JJ does very good work, professional. ONYCD throws me for a loop, because if thats soma's cut, it is NOT sour diesel, or anything related.

We shall see. I heard only good things about JJ and his work. Sour Diesel is not Original New York City Diesel i know, but i also know that both are fire

dankninja

dankninja

meh. I grew diesel for a while, real cuts and S1's. the soma cut doesnt even compare IMO. and lineage seems wanky, always a different story lol. absolutely agree JJ is a monster, and very good quality products. Maybe it's not the soma who knows

dankninja

dankninja

if you want to breed, fems are useless IMO. forget opinions actually, try it if you want and watch your whole setup get contaminated with useless pollin lol

but many fem seeds are stable now, depends on what you are working with. I would stick with S1 seeds if you want to run fems, not R1 fem crosses. most I have run side by side with S1 seed bornes don't do as well IME

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter

Could this be because if you get 10 regulars you would have hundreds of seeds if you like and don’t ever have to buy the same genetics again, so a seedbank charges more for the privilege, but feminised seeds require a specific process which doesn’t allways work, also some seperate space to do all the chemical stuff to it and so on.. to reverse the sex of the plant. So most people will have to buy again when they are going with feminised seeds, thus they can sell them cheaper because you will spend more at that seedbank eventually. This is just my opinion by the way. There could be some touchy strain that only produces good yields or quality cannabis when grown from regular seeds, or regulars could be superior in every way, i am not an experienced grower so i can’t really tell.

dankninja

dankninja

fem seeds are usually always more expensive than regular seeds. but don't just look to the breeder for prices, its the vendor who sells them to you.

It's up to you what you want to do, what you want to run, and how you want to use your space. good decision making and logistics count for more than the price tag on the seed pack you bought, regular or fem.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
fem seeds are usually always more expensive than regular seeds. but don't just look to the breeder for prices, its the vendor who sells them to you.

It's up to you what you want to do, what you want to run, and how you want to use your space. good decision making and logistics count for more than the price tag on the seed pack you bought, regular or fem.
Yeah i know fem seeds are more expensive because of the convenience of just planting and never looking back, but his thesis is for “special” strains which are already pricey but what i meant was, if they were charging more for regular it must be because you are buying a genetic stock which you can preserve “forever”. I should be have explained better.

Shroomtrips

Shroomtrips

Yeah i know fem seeds are more expensive because of the convenience of just planting and never looking back, but his thesis is for “special” strains which are already pricey but what i meant was, if they were charging more for regular it must be because you are buying a genetic stock which you can preserve “forever”. I should be have explained better.

They are not more expensive mate. The most that i paid for fem seeds was £60 for 5 seeds. These ones cost £200 for 11 regular and it wasnt most expensive.

Shroomtrips

Shroomtrips

Day 52. Most trichs are milky, so they have 1 more week to go. Started flushing them a couple of days ago. Buds are heavy, branches cant support the weight. Some are supported by yo yos

IMG 3821
IMG 3822
IMG 3824

Latest posts

Top Bottom