please help a newbie - will Co2 get rid of the insects on clones

• Thread starter 420HydroGirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

420HydroGirl

Hi Everyone :nailbiting:, First of all Thank you for this forum. I'm a newbie who cant get through to the next cycle. Im grateful for any help.

Are clones better than germin as starts? It appears every clone I have so far have been contaminated in some way. Will Co2 kill the contaminants AND the clone. They're just babies and i'm afraid of losing more plus the $ to buy again. Anyone's expert advice would be most appreciated. I'm stuck in startville.

souf69

souf69

If the clones are clean, then its a great two week jump on things. However, if they have pests or pm then it will set u back. Co2 will not work. Try and pickup some seeds from a reputable source.
You can clean your clones with mighty wash. You can dip the clone in the wash and it may help.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hi Everyone :nailbiting:, First of all Thank you for this forum. I'm a newbie who cant get through to the next cycle. Im grateful for any help.

Are clones better than germin as starts? It appears every clone I have so far have been contaminated in some way. Will Co2 kill the contaminants AND the clone. They're just babies and i'm afraid of losing more plus the $ to buy again. Anyone's expert advice would be most appreciated. I'm stuck in startville.

This isn't a very clear question for us, but there are products and techniques that can help you. Milk can help you with stuff like powdery mildew and preventing spread of viruses. Rubbing alcohol mixed 1:1 with water and applied every three days to all surfaces (being careful not to saturate the soil or media) is a good fix for spider mites. Physan 20 is a quaternary ammonium compound that's used for sanitization, but guess what, isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol does the same thing.

We can't really answer what you should do when we don't really know what's going on. Pix are very helpful, especially of the insects and effects you're observing. :)

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Are clones better than germin as starts? Clones vs seeds both have there pros and cons.

It appears every clone I have so far have been contaminated in some way. How with what, buy your clones else where if they are crap.

Will Co2 kill the contaminants AND the clone. NO and NO but I would not drop CO2 on them till they are 3 weeks old and keep the ppm's low 600 to 800 ppm.

They're just babies and i'm afraid of losing more plus the $ to buy again. Anyone's expert advice would be most appreciated. I'm stuck in startville.

Go read about neem oil and start using it as soon as you get your clones dip them in the right mixture and use it every 10 days till week 6 of flower than stop. Buy a 30x magnifier and take it with you when you buy clones have a look at the leaves both sides and pay attention to the undersides, look at 4 or 5 leaves on each plant. You looking for bugs of little white pearls, eggs. If they have any say no thanks. Read up on spider mites.

ken dog

ken dog

yes, enough co2 will kill any animal or insect.

if you can isolate your plants, and pump in only co2, and purge out all the oxygen, the insects will be dead in 3 hours.

great care should always be used when handling co2... you can easily kill yourself, or your neighbors.
I would not do it.

if I were you, I would spray your clones with heavy pesticides and keep on it, until the spider mites or any insects are completely eradicated.

Top Bottom