Please help a newbie!

• Thread starter Parrottroop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Parrottroop

Parrottroop

So, I posted this in the general growing forum and then saw this one, sorry!

Hey everyone, first timer here and really just hoping for some help/advice. I am currently growing 4 white widow auto flowers in a 2x2x4 grow tent. I have a 4 inch exhaust fan (supposedly 200 cfm) going out the top, and a slightly underpowered in-line fan bringing cool air into the bottom. Two of the plants are in .9 gallon pots (these two seem to be doing better), one plant in a 3.3 gallon plastic pot (seems a bit lopsided and growing very slowly), and one in a 2 gallon fabric bag (growing quicker than the 3.3 but still slower than the smaller two). All four started in fox farmhappy frog. The temperature is pretty well regulated, staying between 70-80 degrees and the humidity floats between 60-70% (using a humidifier with built in humidistat and distilled water). I water using a squirter in a small circle around the seedling and only when the top near the plant is dry (maybe every other day). The ph meter I have for the soil shows it floating around 6.9-7 so I have been watering with 6.1ph water.

I guess my question is - are these two larger ones ok? Will they pick up speed ever? All four plants are on day 10, 3 days germinating in paper towel and a week in pots.

I would note that both the larger two were transplanted from solo cups on the second day (I was waiting for the larger pots to arrive). While I have heard that transplanting slows growth, neither seed had broke through the top of the dirt before transplant and up until now they all seemed to be growing at the same speed.

Thank you so much for any guidance you can provide! I have attached some photos for reference.
Please help a newbie
Please help a newbie 2
Please help a newbie 3
Please help a newbie 4
Please help a newbie 5
Please help a newbie 6
Please help a newbie 7

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

imma forget to say this

what you've caused

with smaller intake

look into vapor pressure defect

I'm sure you'll b pleased

it's not a misstep

i gotta finish ur read

ps

I'm crazy

probably high

t
o
o

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

don't change a fucking thing

the rh is a lil high

for my preferences

i believe ur by the book for this stage

and ur plants r fucking flawless

ur node stacking is tight

probably a quality light

mine would b taller at that many nodes
for most strains n recent memory

the shorter they stack on like that

the happier we'll all b

and the bigger bitch

to lst

but still preferable

structurally

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

and those stems look hardened already

ur actually ahead of the game

all desirable traits

i typically recommend on behalf of those n ur medium

which i am not

watering to 20% runoff

but we're not usually discussing linglings

hopefully med shows up

or a good vet

at this delicate stage

as they couldn't b happier

i wouldn't change a thing

the spurt ur lookin for/talkin bout

ur inch a day

nother 2wks if not 3

ur light.... 2.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So, I posted this in the general growing forum and then saw this one, sorry!

Hey everyone, first timer here and really just hoping for some help/advice. I am currently growing 4 white widow auto flowers in a 2x2x4 grow tent. I have a 4 inch exhaust fan (supposedly 200 cfm) going out the top, and a slightly underpowered in-line fan bringing cool air into the bottom. Two of the plants are in .9 gallon pots (these two seem to be doing better), one plant in a 3.3 gallon plastic pot (seems a bit lopsided and growing very slowly), and one in a 2 gallon fabric bag (growing quicker than the 3.3 but still slower than the smaller two). All four started in fox farmhappy frog. The temperature is pretty well regulated, staying between 70-80 degrees and the humidity floats between 60-70% (using a humidifier with built in humidistat and distilled water). I water using a squirter in a small circle around the seedling and only when the top near the plant is dry (maybe every other day). The ph meter I have for the soil shows it floating around 6.9-7 so I have been watering with 6.1ph water.

I guess my question is - are these two larger ones ok? Will they pick up speed ever? All four plants are on day 10, 3 days germinating in paper towel and a week in pots.

I would note that both the larger two were transplanted from solo cups on the second day (I was waiting for the larger pots to arrive). While I have heard that transplanting slows growth, neither seed had broke through the top of the dirt before transplant and up until now they all seemed to be growing at the same speed.

Thank you so much for any guidance you can provide! I have attached some photos for reference.View attachment 993972View attachment 993973View attachment 993974View attachment 993975View attachment 993976View attachment 993977View attachment 993978
I didn't read it all but I think you should start watering the whole medium, because Roots will not grow into dry medium

also be aware that a seedling will grow roots for up to two weeks before it begins growing the plant part above the soil; the roots are of course the foundation so they must be in place before the plant does any vertical growth, good luck

Edit also those soil probes are no good you need at least a cheap pH meter and you want to set your pH at 6.5 in FFHF soil, and next time add 25% coarse perlite to it for better drainage and aeration

Parrottroop

Parrottroop

I didn't read it all but I think you should start watering the whole medium, because Roots will not grow into dry medium

also be aware that a seedling will grow roots for up to two weeks before it begins growing the plant part above the soil; the roots are of course the foundation so they must be in place before the plant does any vertical growth, good luck

Edit also those soil probes are no good you need at least a cheap pH meter and you want to set your pH at 6.5 in FFHF soil, and next time add 25% coarse perlite to it for better drainage and aeration
Thanks for everyone’s input! I was trying to avoid overwatering which can happen pretty easily in a large pot for seedlings I was told, so I’ve been slowly increasing the diameter of the “watering circle”.
I actually have a ph meter for the water that’s fairly accurate that I use...will bump up to 6.5 ph into the plant as recommended.

I have the fox farm trio as far as Nutes but haven’t used them yet as the soil should be providing a good amount, when do you think I should start? I was thinking after two weeks at very minimal strength (big bloom and grow big) and start ticking up based on how they respond.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thanks for everyone’s input! I was trying to avoid overwatering which can happen pretty easily in a large pot for seedlings I was told, so I’ve been slowly increasing the diameter of the “watering circle”.
I actually have a ph meter for the water that’s fairly accurate that I use...will bump up to 6.5 ph into the plant as recommended.

I have the fox farm trio as far as Nutes but haven’t used them yet as the soil should be providing a good amount, when do you think I should start? I was thinking after two weeks at very minimal strength (big bloom and grow big) and start ticking up based on how they respond.
Considered starting seeds in smaller pots, and then up-potting them as they grow

Parrottroop

Parrottroop

Considered starting seeds in smaller pots, and then up-potting them as they grow
Thanks Beachwalker, is this the correct approach with auto flowers as well? I have read that they should start in their final pots since their lives are already shorter and a transplant can stunt them, verses photos that have the time to bounce back.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Thanks Beachwalker, is this the correct approach with auto flowers as well? I have read that they should start in their final pots since their lives are already shorter and a transplant can stunt them, verses photos that have the time to bounce back.

I’m sure it depends on your end goal I shoot for Aprox 2 dried ounces per plant in my tent , each plant only takes up about 1 1/2 sq feet, so I’m not concerned with slowing them a little. However if you are lookin for a 1/2 lb monster maybe start in the final pot. But got me the ease of watering and moving starting autoflowers in solos is the only way to go. I’m sure there will be disagreement , but it’s just how mosh does it ! Lmao It all these came out a solo at some, you can there still some in like 1/2 gallon nursery pots that will get up potted this weekend

951D544F 5125 4790 B667 AEB2B9204696
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

View attachment 994026View attachment 994025
I put a cover over everyone until she touches the side then let her go that's just me though the little 2 came out the paper June 4thView attachment 994031
gorgeous structure

looks like u manipulated the one on rt
not the one on back left

seek out

bud stacking/bud backbuilding
low stress training
monstercropping
super cropping
fim'ing
manifold
cloning
defoliation
ocd defoliation
lollipopping
bud washing
co2 homemade generators

see what u think
YouTube will have plenty of examples

not all
so easily found in books

looks like ur experimenting
cool

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

i second his comment about the soil probes, although i had cheapest home depot probe, available

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

lmao
trying on new outfits?
i miss the old beach chair

the lovely g always make a sand dolphin, walkin the shore, if I'm not grouping at her
could make that gun show n the sand... walkin the beach, one day.
how bout a sand castle pot plant
competition
I'll just break mine

so a pile of dirt shall b my submission
probably promix
just to mess with u

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

btw
beachbum n moshpit
couldn't b a better crowd for u to chill with
both fun just to shoot the shyt wit

i like what assassin's creed had to say about not uppotting an auto
i believe i read that, as well, when i was lookin into autos
whatchu guys think about that

haven't read ur responses, yet

will catch up my question prolly moot

far as his addin nutes

i prefer to wait til they ask, unless i already have em in the bigtop
parapooper
and thank u for your service, I'll assume
the seeds themselves, come with a sach lunch so they have everything they require, besides a root support structure, first couple wks.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

I’m sure it depends on your end goal I shoot for Aprox 2 dried ounces per plant in my tent , each plant only takes up about 1 1/2 sq feet, so I’m not concerned with slowing them a little. However if you are lookin for a 1/2 lb monster maybe start in the final pot. But got me the ease of watering and moving starting autoflowers in solos is the only way to go. I’m sure there will be disagreement , but it’s just how mosh does it ! Lmao It all these came out a solo at some, you can there still some in like 1/2 gallon nursery pots that will get up potted this weekend
the typical stress we can put em into like high stress... not supering, unless i went too far... but the stress where they just go deer in headlights, for a week... that was bad for the autos i ran and hurt their final everything- total plant atea wise

mosh

wtf with the 2oz bud on stick

u have better lighting

u veg

i know aero has a bulk advantage, but u have a decade on me

something's up

we can figure this out

my oops's, tend to b an oz on a stick- the ones that stress too long during trans to bigtop n then, they just get boned by the light domination.

maybe they're too close together n few plants may get u better results? gotta make u miss outdoor
if i planted all 6, I'd get about 4oz
by experience
i plant 3ish
per tank
i double it

figure each tank

roughly 7sf

4x8 teepee

squoze closer together than 2x4

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

ed said a sea of green grew more than a couple
ed said 3 in a pot grow more than
one in a pot
now it could've been this other feller
whose book I've misplaced

regardless

these have not been my observations

Moshmen

Moshmen

the typical stress we can put em into like high stress... not supering, unless i went too far... but the stress where they just go deer in headlights, for a week... that was bad for the autos i ran and hurt their final everything- total plant atea wise

mosh

wtf with the 2oz bud on stick

u have better lighting

u veg

i know aero has a bulk advantage, but u have a decade on me

something's up

we can figure this out

my oops's, tend to b an oz on a stick- the ones that stress too long during trans to bigtop n then, they just get boned by the light domination.

maybe they're too close together n few plants may get u better results? gotta make u miss outdoor
if i planted all 6, I'd get about 4oz
by experience
i plant 3ish
per tank
i double it

figure each tank

roughly 7sf

4x8 teepee

squoze closer together than 2x4
Gonna be switching to photos soon then we will spread out and let them fly! Lol - until then the quality of the auto flower is just to inconsistent for me, I mean I’m pretty sure I could run 2 plants in my 2x4 and get just as much weight but then I take a chance of havin shitty autoflower weed so we go with small plants for now

Top Bottom