please help. can't figure out issue

• Thread starter notsosmooth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
notsosmooth

notsosmooth

I have read threads on various site's and seen similar issues. I lost my entire last round basically to this n starting again. I have checked ph going in and out never above 6.9 or below 4.5. Temps and humidity r good using happy frog soil and AN ph perfect Connassiour.. with a couple of the additives from them. Never had issue until last round. Cleaned everything up before adding new. All went in on 9/5 and all showing same issues. Any help would be awesome. Havnt seen anything in soil this round but last I did have macroscopic white worms, think they were aphids. Thinking this issue is thrips but not positive
Please help cant figure out issue 2
Please help cant figure out issuePlease help cant figure out issue 2

Please help cant figure out issue 3
urbanfog

urbanfog

no expert, but looks like they got too close to a bulb. Tagged to learn, sorry I cant ffer more

notsosmooth

notsosmooth

Appreciate the reply. Not close to lights at all. One of pics is from last round but the two of just leaves r new round and both rounds it has started at the bottom and worked its way up.

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

No sign of thrips.
That looks more like a root problem.
Pop off the pot.
See any white, waxy looking substance?
Grab that loupe and watch the soil surface as you water.
Anything moving that shouldn't be?

Aloha,
Weezard

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The Wee Zard spoke my thoughts--something may be going on in the root zone. I don't think it's a deficiency.

It's helpful if you give us the low down on husbandry and current environmental parameters. I see you mention pH going in and out, but I'm a little confused as to which way. What does "temps and RH are good" mean, exactly? What are those actual parameters? How strongly are you feeding, especially since you're using AN? Did you use new soil (not new as in new brand to you, but new as in some new bags)? I've read people saying they have had problems with some bags of FF and other media, so media could be a problem, especially if it's the same batch between these runs.
I have read threads on various site's and seen similar issues. I lost my entire last round basically to this n starting again. I have checked ph going in and out never above 6.9 or below 4.5. Temps and humidity r good using happy frog soil and AN ph perfect Connassiour.. with a couple of the additives from them. Never had issue until last round. Cleaned everything up before adding new. All went in on 9/5 and all showing same issues. Any help would be awesome. Havnt seen anything in soil this round but last I did have macroscopic white worms, think they were aphids. Thinking this issue is thrips but not positive View attachment 444898 View attachment 444894View attachment 444898

notsosmooth

notsosmooth

Sorry lol temps are never above 85, with lights and no lower then 78 with off. Humidity has never veen a issue in room. Ph level in and out are nutes mixed being poored in (feeding) and out is the ph level of the runoff water from bottom of pot. On the AN nutes I believe its roughly 18tsp per 20gallons. If I am thinking correctly it is 1/3rd of what is recommended. And for the soil last round with the micro worms was from a shop that keeps it outside n I haven't gone back since. The new round is from a different shop but the bags of soil are kept indoors in a very clean shop and prrtty sure 2 of the bags were bought a couple wks apart and he turns product really quick

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I've seen that type of damage from having root issues. Imo it comes from your medium not being aerated enough, being a bit too dense and/or staying too wet. Are you adding anything to your bag soils for aeration? Like perlite or rice hulls ?

notsosmooth

notsosmooth

Havnt seen but a couple nats, and those were on the stickey traps. Shook plants and never seen any fly out but they are tiny suckers. And using a loop magnifying glass nothing is jn soil (bugs). As for nutes I use the dropper to test and it is usually around 6. My temps have always been in same range for 2yrs and no issues till last round, but will work on taking temps down. No co2 used and I think humidity is normally around 40. Tbh I have never dove into the full technical setup, always had nice runs and have gotten 1.2lbs(wet weight) off one plant before. Always tried to keep it simple but obviously it's not working anymor

notsosmooth

notsosmooth

Last round and this one have 1 of the same strains and new from seed.I think a total of 5 different strains total and all have the same symptoms. The temps like I said in past never did this but ya never know. I am new sorta. A lot of trial and error but also have tried to keep in very simple but the the more I get into this the more technical it gets. The over watering part could deff be one thing, I haven't watered in 3-4 days now n its finally not damp on the top 2". Never once thought i wss over watering till now.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What do you mean "RH is not an issue"? If you don't know your relative humidity along with temps, then you have no idea what your vapor pressure deficit is. And that VPD? It's the heart and lungs of the plant, it's how nutrients and water are moved through plant tissues.

notsosmooth

notsosmooth

What do you mean "RH is not an issue"? If you don't know your relative humidity along with temps, then you have no idea what your vapor pressure deficit is. And that VPD? It's the heart and lungs of the plant, it's how nutrients and water are moved through plant tissues.
I have never read a article talking about vpd and I have read a lot of articles lol guess more reading for me. I knew I had a ton to still learn, and when I posted this I guess I am a lot more behind then I thought i was. I will read up more and truly appreciate everything y'all are schooling me on. I am going ro get a different humidity gage then I have all it shows is low ok and high which package had said ok=50-60'/, and high was 75+'/, . But temps shows acurate. I do believe over watering was a issue and even tho I have onlyseen 5-10 aphids on sticky traps and noneflyflying around doesn't mean there isn't more. But again I am truely grateful for everything so far

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Aphids flyers or fungus gnats ? Fungus gnats are pests but aphids are a real issue.

Top Bottom