Please help! Clones day eleven, yellowing wilting not looking happy :(

• Thread starter Blakeja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blakeja

Blakeja

Good morning took these clones eleven days ago.
Yellowing leafs
Reddening stems
Wilting over
No roots

I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong? It has been years since I took any clones prior.

-soaked rock wool and drained
- took cuttings down low, trimmed nodes and leafs
-rootmax the ends sliced the bottoms in half
- under cmh bulb 4 feet away
-heat mat set at 28 C (doesn’t ever reach this)
- misted three times a day with the same water from day one not ph adjusted but with remo velo-kelp at recommended dosage.
-changed up my nutrients last night and ph adjusted, I Will be changing every two days from here on as I think this was a misstep.
- I’ve also noticed quite a bit of water in some of the cubes so I gently pull this accumulation out.. I think this is right?
Any other questions you can think of please ask I really don’t want to loose this whole run..

thanks,
Blake

Please help clones day eleven yellowing wilting not looking happy
Please help clones day eleven yellowing wilting not looking happy 2
Please help clones day eleven yellowing wilting not looking happy 3
Please help clones day eleven yellowing wilting not looking happy 4
Please help clones day eleven yellowing wilting not looking happy 5
Please help clones day eleven yellowing wilting not looking happy 6
Goodthingsgrow

Goodthingsgrow

Hey Blakeja
I just went through my own cloning adventure. I can tell you only my experiences what others here told me.
Don‘t go by the calendar. It took my cubes over three weeks to show roots.
Your cubes should be moist but not sopping. Don’t squeeze them but gently shake the excess out.
Use only water ph’d to about 6.0 with or without rooting gel. No nutes until you get good rooting. There’s no use anyway; there’s no roots to absorb them.
Keep the heat mat going to keep the root zone warm. This will probably cause the cubes to dry out in about a week.
They like high humidity but not constant spraying.
A wise grower once told me to put them in the tray, spray them and the humidity dome once and LEAVE THEM ALONE! Ya, I had a hard time with that one too. Every time you open that dome you lose your humidity and they get a sudden temp drop. They don’t like that. Check them quickly in a week to make sure the cubes aren’t getting dry.
I ended up with I think 11/20 surviving.
After that, I bought a Turbokloner and even that took at least 18 days for good roots. I will never do it in cubes again. The clones just fill it, plug it in and LEAVE THEM ALONE.
Hope this helps.

mancorn

mancorn

I’d be concerned with the large air gaps between stem and cube and the large split up the stem in picture 5. I don’t use the manufacturers holes, but flip the cube over and insert into the “bottom” to make sure I have a tight seal. Looks to me like almost all your stems are very loose with large air gaps. You want a super tight seal. (If after a couple weeks you need to inspect what’s going on, I’d rather cut the cube open and then tape back together as opposed to pulling the plant out of the cube.)

And while everyone does it different, I don’t mist my clones (as it seems to make mine yellow), but rather mist the dome and only water the bottom of the cubes a few times during a 10 day root, while keeping water in the grooves of the tray. After the first few days, I’ll open my dome vents (or remove the dome for a short period) to make sure that you’re getting fresh air. You want a very moist/humid environment, but not super hot and stagnant.

For future reference I’d also take a sharp exacto knife and make really clean cuts while removing the lower leaves. You look to be having a issue with dark spots on your stems indicating that you might be getting some stem rot.

Pileit

Pileit

I got clone leaf yellowing if i had too much light. Once i started them off in low light especially first 5 days that problem disappeared. Agfter 5 to 7 days i move them into a little brighter light , not alot. Want them making roots not stems and leaves.

Blakeja

Blakeja

Bit of an update and inquiry.

cut a couple cubes open today, day 14. Below is the stem it seems to of knuckled and not produced roots will this eventually produce roots or am I wasting my time here..?

DCB0C768 6FD3 44A4 B6F6 A6A5C3242E4B
F28423FC 8CF1 45C6 B928 1D402C043071
15694C19 706E 499A A2C9 68FCE154AB51
Blakeja

Blakeja

Another week and that swelling should explode with roots. The ball is the beginning.
If in a week I open the Rockwol and have a peek and see no progress would you guys turf these?

had a peak today and saw minimal progression, and leafs are all yellowing heavily.

loosing hope lol,
B

AF35E118 473D 4E4C A28A E227596BC2ED
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Put em under very very low light. Personally I'd scap em and start over.

80/80 temp humidity. Make sure the media is very tight to the stems... its absolutely crucial.

Even decent ambient light in a room is good until they root. Light drives growth... aka increases demand for nutrients, transpiration and demand on the roots system. You basically want to give them enough just to get by until they have roots to meet those needs.

If you do this I have seen roots in as little as 5 days but usually all root within 7-10.

Goodthingsgrow

Goodthingsgrow

It looks like they’ve taken a turn for the worse.
Yellowing means too much light. They’re trying to be a normal plant but can‘t without roots.
The rock wool looks a little dry also.
If you keep pulling them out to look at them they will not root. Leave them alone.
It will be difficult and time consuming to bring those around. Try another batch if you can.
Don’t give up. I know it’s frustrating.
Good luck.

Top Bottom