Please Help Diagnose Indoor Grow Problem

• Thread starter Ky0l
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Ky0l

Happy weekend all!!

I have had this problem for about a week and I'm not sure if it's over watering, nitrogen toxicity, nute burn or root rot. Or maybe something completely different.

My temps: Night 17-20 degrees C, Day: 20-24 degrees C
PH: Between 5 and 6 (Bloating paper)

The reasons for thinking over watering is, I watered the seedlings at germination stage and took about 2 weeks for the soil to dry up! Due to not having a fan (which I have corrected and found most of the soil dried in a few days, but not the center "core" where I imagine the roots to be)

I bought some Cannazym and administered a dose with water as instructed, but the issue has got progressively worse since.

Please find attached to this thread some photos from last week, and I can attach some from this week if this thread gets some attention. Please guru growers out there, are you able to advise?

Many thanks in advance,

Ky0l

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

What's up man, What soil are you growing in? You shouldn't have to feed them really anything yet, they should have plenty of food in the soil already and assuming your using good soil. At this stage I'd be more careful to not over water, you don't have much Roots yet which is why it took so long to dry out. I would also keep your pH more around 6.5.
Happy Growing!!

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
Happy weekend all!!

I have had this problem for about a week and I'm not sure if it's over watering, nitrogen toxicity, nute burn or root rot. Or maybe something completely different.

My temps: Night 17-20 degrees C, Day: 20-24 degrees C
PH: Between 5 and 6 (Bloating paper)

The reasons for thinking over watering is, I watered the seedlings at germination stage and took about 2 weeks for the soil to dry up! Due to not having a fan (which I have corrected and found most of the soil dried in a few days, but not the center "core" where I imagine the roots to be)

I bought some Cannazym and administered a dose with water as instructed, but the issue has got progressively worse since.

Please find attached to this thread some photos from last week, and I can attach some from this week if this thread gets some attention. Please guru growers out there, are you able to advise?

Many thanks in advance,

Ky0l
I would use a smaller container for those size plants. Solo party cups works well.

robomont

robomont

yea two weeks of drying is norm for a seedling pot.even out doors unless its real hot and dry.

CaliRay

CaliRay

Greetings farmer's. Was wondering if anyone could help identify this issue. Any help would be highly appreciated.

20161022 154423
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Greetings farmer's. Was wondering if anyone could help identify this issue. Any help would be highly appreciated.
Start a thread in the infirmary with a full plant pic, its hard to diagnose a leaf.

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

Well looking at your pictures a number of things come to mind first off is your medium , looks overly heavy possibly roots having issues , with gas exchange etc causing excessive ph swings and lock outs ..
Your RH is out of wack causing leafs to wrinkle and look leathery .

My suggestion is buy a bag of perlite
bag of compost, bag of EWC and a bag of promix
mix one bag of promix to one bag of compost , half bag of EWC
Rinse the bag of perlite and put it all in..

1/4 bag of peat moss mix till you have a real fluffy , soft mixture add peat until desired levels

and re transplant ..

you can even make a tea and charge new soil or use it for first watering

Add soil into new pot make a hole pre water hole then transplant cover up and re water with tea

Go to Walmart buy a vics vapourizer this will not only raise RH but it will also help in equalizing osmosis and maintaining a nice warm air temps

I hate when i read plants are to young to feed ,
once a plant has roots and has first set of leafs its in VEG state and it needs food just like a new born baby

robomont

robomont

yea i freaked last month when i accidentally put 4x fish emulsion on my seedlings,they took it and blasted off.i was using soil that was almost sucked dry of nutes.because i like being safe rather than sorry.

CaliRay

CaliRay

Greetings farmers.I'm having an issue with my leafs, was wondering if anyone could help me diagnosethe issue. Any help would be highly appreciated.

20161022 163226
20161022 163340
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Greetings farmers.I'm having an issue with my leafs, was wondering if anyone could help me diagnosethe issue. Any help would be highly appreciated.
I think it must be bats
Thenug TUuTBPuhur

We need more info like, growing media, fertilizing routine, watering routine. It looks like many different problems from the poorly lit pics.
Check out the first pic in my signiture link, it has the highest resolution chart I could find.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I think it must be bats
View attachment 641571
We need more info like, growing media, fertilizing routine, watering routine. It looks like many different problems from the poorly lit pics.
Check out the first pic in my signiture link, it has the highest resolution chart I could find.
Doc, you rule fear and loathing is my fav.

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
I started in party cups for 2 weeks, then 1 gallon for 1 week and now these 2.2 gal's until harvest.
You need to let them grow bigger in the party cup. That plant is to small for that container. 2 weeks is not long enough. I can grow it 2-3ft easy in the party cup. Let them go to 10" then transplant into a 1gal.

K

Ky0l

You need to let them grow bigger in the party cup. That plant is to small for that container. 2 weeks is not long enough. I can grow it 2-3ft easy in the party cup. Let them go to 10" then transplant into a 1gal.
Ahhh OK thank you, the party cups were see-through and I could see the roots popping through the holes.

I don't want to stress them anymore than needed at this point, but will bare that in mind for the next grow, thank you kindly :)

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
Ahhh OK thank you, the party cups were see-through and I could see the roots popping through the holes.

I don't want to stress them anymore than needed at this point, but will bare that in mind for the next grow, thank you kindly :)
Don't be afraid to let them go. They are strong plants. It is easier to grow them in a smaller container because it drys out quicker. Espccially in vege. When your in bloom then you can give it room in a bigger container if you want because you don't want it to dry out as quick.

K

Ky0l

Noticed some of the leaves have a "kink" in them too, if that helps? These are the most recent photos:

Top Bottom