Please help diagnose what deficiencies these ladies have...

• Thread starter KryptiikKidd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KryptiikKidd

So I have a few plants showing some issues... I really hope someone can tell me what's going on... organic grow feeding down to earth vegetable garden 4-4-4 some fish poop and worm castings for extra nitrogen... adjusting ph down with lemon juice and up with Baking soda... cause our tap water is almost 9 ph.. please help...

Please help diagnose what deficiencies these ladies have
Please help diagnose what deficiencies these ladies have 2
Please help diagnose what deficiencies these ladies have 3
Please help diagnose what deficiencies these ladies have 4
Please help diagnose what deficiencies these ladies have 5
Please help diagnose what deficiencies these ladies have 6
Please help diagnose what deficiencies these ladies have 7
Please help diagnose what deficiencies these ladies have 8
Please help diagnose what deficiencies these ladies have 9
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I'd say the light is too intense or too close.

If your water tests at a pH of 9, you don't need much baking soda because it also has a pH of 9. I've used it to control fungus gnats, but only sparingly.

K

KryptiikKidd

To much light bud. what light do you have, how high above the top of the plants is it.
I have two spb1200 lights above the canopy at 24 inches or a bit more right about 50% intensity I have a bunch of plants under them and they look pretty good but these are some 3 1/2 week old plants and they are showing something is wrong I was thinking Cal mag since it's yellowing in between the vanes but cal mag did not help gave them some yesterday.. buy im don't know if its a lighting issue because one of the plants. That has the problem is in there praying under the light

K

KryptiikKidd

I'd say the light is too intense or too close.

If your water tests at a pH of 9, you don't need much baking soda because it also has a pH of 9. I've used it to control fungus gnats, but only sparingly.
I almost never use baking soda the only time I ever have to raise my ph is after I put my Alaskan fish poop in the water that shot drops the ph like a brick down to like 4...

K

KryptiikKidd

Have you tried adjusting your nutrient mix?
So I'm not using normal nutes I'm using down to earth vegetable garden 4-4-4 but I have been repotting with new black gold organic and natural with some perlite mixed in so I have not put any dry top amendments on these plants yet since I'm potting up to new soil all the time

H

Harley.Freeman

Could anyone help me out with any quick tips on my two girls.

Please and Thank You!

20240414 020926
20240414 020933
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
So I'm not using normal nutes I'm using down to earth vegetable garden 4-4-4 but I have been repotting with new black gold organic and natural with some perlite mixed in so I have not put any dry top amendments on these plants yet since I'm potting up to new soil all the time
4-4-4 is all that’s needed everything else is a waste

H

Harley.Freeman

I'm still only on my 3rd crop in the last 20 years but I think you may have a nitrogen toxicity problem... wait for some others to chime in.
Sorry for intruding on your thread i am very new to using this site and literally have never even posted on a forum or anything like this before. I hope you get the advice you need to help your girls! thank you for your response!

K

KryptiikKidd

and trying to ph why????
Because a ph of 9 is just so alkaline and I was trying to avoid ph problems. I keep hearing everyone say I don't ph I'm growing organic but this is my first solo all organic grow... I'm starting these ladies inside just tell it's warm enough overnight to move into my hoop house... but I have been having all sorts of issues since starting this season... so anything you can tell me about it would be hella appreciated

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Because a ph of 9 is just so alkaline and I was trying to avoid ph problems. I keep hearing everyone say I don't ph I'm growing organic but this is my first solo all organic grow... I'm starting these ladies inside just tell it's warm enough overnight to move into my hoop house... but I have been having all sorts of issues since starting this season... so anything you can tell me about it would be hella appreciated
let the medium do its thing,. let it dry out before watering,..

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I have two spb1200 lights above the canopy at 24 inches or a bit more right about 50% intensity I have a bunch of plants under them and they look pretty good but these are some 3 1/2 week old plants and they are showing something is wrong I was thinking Cal mag since it's yellowing in between the vanes but cal mag did not help gave them some yesterday.. buy im don't know if its a lighting issue because one of the plants. That has the problem is in there praying under the light
Many organic growers use Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate). Its pH is usually between 5.5 and 6.5. It can be added to irrigation water at one tablespoon per gallon of water. It can also be applied directly to the soil and watered in. Magnesium is the core atom in the chlorophyll molecule, so light stress and magnesium deficiency can have a similar appearance.

K

KryptiikKidd

let the medium do its thing,. let it dry out before watering,..
So are you saying that as long as I let my tap water sit out for a couple days to get rid of the chlorine then just use it even though is ph 9?.? How does that not affect the plants?? What about lockout

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
So are you saying that as long as I let my tap water sit out for a couple days to get rid of the chlorine then just use it even though is ph 9?.? How does that not affect the plants?? What about lockout
your medium will buff the ph in a range for the plant to use,. what you see as mag def could be from not enough light to process what’s going on in the soil,.. be careful with this as i dont use LED lights so maybe someone else could confirm or deny this about the light,..

K

KryptiikKidd

Ok maybe your right... I'll do some research online with your info you provided... you have been a great help... so just a bit more info for you normally I have been using lemon juice to ph down to 6.3 but if the water sits in my grow room for a day or two the ph has gone quite a bit.. Normally, I have just used Humboldt secrets part a part B and golden tree. I believe it was the other one down to 6.3 water was no problem but to start growing organically is a bit confusing for me so far... when I move them outside they will be in 10 gallon pots with some of subcools super soil recipe in a 1/3 of the pot then some fox farm happy frog the forest one not the ocean one... I just pray they come out good in the end... this is what I smoke all year...

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
your medium will buff the ph in a range for the plant to use,. what you see as mag def could be from not enough light to process what’s going on in the soil,.. be careful with this as i dont use LED lights so maybe someone else could confirm or deny this about the light,..
To much light bud. what light do you have, how high above the top of the plants is it.
They already did

Kryp…. Izzma knows his stuff as does gnick

I can see it myself not massively bad however I can see it

Yeah I threw my ph pen away ages ago just no need with organics the soil buffers it

Top Bottom