Please Help. Experience With Als And Cannabis??

• Thread starter Dizzyd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dizzyd

Dizzyd

Hello. Recently someone close to me was diagnosed with ALS. I see that their state allows for medicinal marijuana but they are still very skeptical. Has anyone here had experience with a similar situation?? Does cannabis as a treatment truely prolong disease and help control symptoms of it?? Any feedback would be welcomed. Thank you.

squiggly

squiggly

There is some anecdotal evidence that it can be helpful as a neuroprotective agent, but I would expect most of the effects to be palliative.

Truly, with a diagnosis like ALS it is about whatever gives the person the greatest amount of comfort. So if being high all day is a happy place for them, I'd say go for it. It will help with some of the common side effects no doubt (pain, spasm, etc) but there will be an upper limit on the utility.

As for solid evidence? None exists that suggest it will certainly lengthen lifespan, but what anecdotal evidence there is suggests a pretty rapid onset of relief with regular dosing--so your friend would know in a weeks time or so, ostensibly, if it was working well for them.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
It helps relief of symptoms like pain , tremors and encourages hunger and helps with sleep comfort but it does little to stave off the disease itself in small to moderate doses.
Best of luck.
Peace

Latest posts

Top Bottom