Please Help Had A Light Leak

• Thread starter Brih2018
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Brih2018

if my plants have had light leak and are only into 1-2 week of 12/12 can they be saved?? I see no signs of budding or am I getting paranoid should there be any there yet I am first time grower so don’t know I have 5 blue cheese and am getting worried plants look healthy in there selfs checked over for bugs no sight of anything like that please any info would be appreciated thanks

Please help had a light leak
Please help had a light leak 2
Please help had a light leak 3
B

Brih2018

You wont know till you grow them..some do better than others with interruption
So should I just give it more time?? Just me panicking reading stuff on internet everyone is different so just worried from what you see in my photo do you think they look fine obviously I understand you can’t comment fully but just getting myself worried over nothing I think

GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

I am a new grower and I have 5 blue cheese on the grow and I am into my first to second week of 12/12 and havnot got any sign of buds but everything I have researched about them to me mine look really good but like I say am a novice what could be the problem I have just read about light leak could this be the problem I have sorted it now but could do with some advice

A light leak definitely could have been the problem. It depends on the amount of light introduced, but ideally, you have PITCH BLACK for the full 12 hours. Now that you've patched it, watch and see if bud production picks up.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

It takes longer than 7 days w/o added co2 for preflowers to form. I can get them to show at day 8, but that' with 1200ppm co2 the past 3 weeks (2 veg, 1 flower week).

Post a close up of the tip of a main stem/flower. It may help.a bit more to see if there' been a light issue (reveg), or if you need to wait a few more days to see the preflowers forming

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Please make 1 thread per topic or issue. This helps us (sober or medicated alike) keep track of your issue and try to help in the same thread and figure out the problem. With multiple threads, help gets scattered all over the place.

I' going to lock your other thread down. And merge the posts here. As soon as I figure it out.

Organikz

Organikz

Yah bro I'm looking at plants that have just about wrapped up stretch...see how the node spacing is different at the top? Should see flowers any day. Next time around you should start sexing before flip. They transition much faster and don't miss a beat.

Plants will generally sex with a 5 week veg. Plants seem to get stunned when you force a sexing.

Last edited:
B

Brih2018

I will get some photos of the tip today show you see what you think they asleep at minute and since they been getting light leak I don’t want to bother them since it’s sorted nice1 for the info really is needed al show you pics soon organiks I hope so cause plant it’s self looks rather healthy but like I say I’m a novice that hasn’t got a clue ha

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
So should I just give it more time?? Just me panicking reading stuff on internet everyone is different so just worried from what you see in my photo do you think they look fine obviously I understand you can’t comment fully but just getting myself worried over nothing I think
Ya in a couple weeks youll know if the plant is jacked up

Northernpop

Northernpop

If the light leak is patched now and the room's a full 12v12, the plants hormones should hopefully bring them into flower. As DemonTrick mentioned, it takes between one and two weeks for flower without co2, so hang in there.

Good luck pal !!

Monster762

Monster762

I will get some photos of the tip today show you see what you think they asleep at minute and since they been getting light leak I don’t want to bother them since it’s sorted nice1 for the info really is needed al show you pics soon organiks I hope so cause plant it’s self looks rather healthy but like I say I’m a novice that hasn’t got a clue ha
1-2 weeks in on 12/12 I wouldn’t be too worried. Definately fix the light leak and just go on flowering. Sometimes they will take 2 weeks to show flowers anyways. Don’t count these 2 weeks as flowering time though Don’t go by breeders time anyways go by the plant. I think you’ll be good just fix the leak n move forward.

H

hawkman

if my plants have had light leak and are only into 1-2 week of 12/12 can they be saved?? I see no signs of budding or am I getting paranoid should there be any there yet I am first time grower so don’t know I have 5 blue cheese and am getting worried plants look healthy in there selfs checked over for bugs no sight of anything like that please any info would be appreciated thanks
Remember; STAGES OF FLOWER ARE AS FOLLOWS -
PRE-FLOWER STAGE - - 1-2 WEEKS (GENERALLY 5-7 DAYS)
FLOWER STAGE - 2-4 MO'S

WHEN counting flower time Start when you see buds development after switching to 12/12 - So if 2 weeks in flower youhave 1 week of true flower time

B

Brih2018

Light leak sorted out now so basically just a waiting game, northernpop you think it is best to kind of forget this last week or 2 and go from now?? The plants there self look in really good condition so it shouldn’t of done much damage Mabey my bud return might not be as big as it could of but should still bud

B

Brih2018

1-2 weeks in on 12/12 I wouldn’t be too worried. Definately fix the light leak and just go on flowering. Sometimes they will take 2 weeks to show flowers anyways. Don’t count these 2 weeks as flowering time though Don’t go by breeders time anyways go by the plant. I think you’ll be good just fix the leak n move forward.
Much appreciated for the advice mate I will do that see how things goes I will keep yous updated and let you know how things go al drop a photo or 2 on the end of this week thanks buddy

Northernpop

Northernpop

Light leak sorted out now so basically just a waiting game, northernpop you think it is best to kind of forget this last week or 2 and go from now?? The plants there self look in really good condition so it shouldn’t of done much damage Mabey my bud return might not be as big as it could of but should still bud

Hi Brih2018, yes, I knock those weeks off, since they weren't in full 12v12 mode. Weeks are a guide anyway, so to make sure their ready, I'd buy a cheap jewellers loupe or mini microscope and watch for the trachomes to become cloudy. That's the optimum THC point.

Happy growing !!

I

Imdr

It takes longer than 7 days w/o added co2 for preflowers to form. I can get them to show at day 8, but that' with 1200ppm co2 the past 3 weeks (2 veg, 1 flower week).

Post a close up of the tip of a main stem/flower. It may help.a bit more to see if there' been a light issue (reveg), or if you need to wait a few more days to see the preflowers forming
help?

prospero

prospero

Its early flower so may be okay. zFix leak and watch. The negative results of light leak are usually re-veg or hermies.

H

hawkman

a small light leak will not harm - even if you had a door open during 12/12 your plant would still flower and give OK harvest -

B

brimck325

i've had light leaks for years n years, i don't get herms and never heard of a reveg unless the door was open to a lighted room. subcools excuse for poor breeding practices…lolol

Latest posts

Top Bottom