Please help! Having a weird problem

• Thread starter Ghost3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ghost3

Ghost3

So my bottom oldest leaves on my plant starting curling up almost drying out on the ends it looks like trying to figure out what it could be

Please help having a weird problem
Ghost3

Ghost3

Better to see the whole plant. I always lose the bottom leaves. They yellow up and die. As long as it’s not progressing up the plant, I wouldn’t sweat it.
It’s starting to happen on the next oldest set of leaves too. Also I know the leaves are drooping todays watering day but this happened before they needed watering. Also her sister plant is doing amazing so that’s what I don’t understand what’s different

IMG 3307
IMG 3305
IMG 3306
IMG 3304
Ghost3

Ghost3

Yeah is your plant 10 days old? 30? Are you on your 3rd leaf set? 7th?
I was given the plant it was doing great and I was told it’s about 3 weeks and 4th or 5th leaf set if I remember correct not home at the moment

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Looks kinda dry. Most new growers overwater. Don't do that, but give them a nice, thorough soaking.....not muddy, don't drown them, but water slowly so it soaks downward.

Are you in a hot climate? And if you transplanted it, you need to keep those roots moist and the surrounding soil moist. Roots don't like super dry pockets.

Ghost3

Ghost3

Looks kinda dry. Most new growers overwater. Don't do that, but give them a nice, thorough soaking.....not muddy, don't drown them, but water slowly so it soaks downward.

Are you in a hot climate? And if you transplanted it, you need to keep those roots moist and the surrounding soil moist. Roots don't like super dry pockets.
Todays watering day that’s why it’s dry and drooping. And I only give about 50 ml -80 ml water at a time when it’s dry. And I’m indoor growing I just brought it outside for a little for some extra sun and I just transplanted it 2 days ago but I watered the soil before transplanting and I kinda been inserting syringe into soil to kinda get the roots nicely

Ghost3

Ghost3

Better to see the whole plant. I always lose the bottom leaves. They yellow up and die. As long as it’s not progressing up the plant, I wouldn’t sweat it.
If you zoom in you can also see brown on the edges of the dry leaves

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Todays watering day that’s why it’s dry and drooping. And I only give about 50 ml -80 ml water at a time when it’s dry. And I’m indoor growing I just brought it outside for a little for some extra sun and I just transplanted it 2 days ago but I watered the soil before transplanting and I kinda been inserting syringe into soil to kinda get the roots nicely
It's all good......you might just be micromanaging a little.... ;)

I'd go with more thorough waterings, we can ask about your soil next, but also maybe not bring it in and out, besides transporting bugs it may not be used to direct sun......is this an indoor grow or outdoor?

Most all the time we'll talk about "letting soil dry between waterings". One exception is the days after transplsnting. The roots should not hit dry pockets. You want the surrounding soil to be moist until it starts rooting around its new home.

Last edited:
Ghost3

Ghost3

I'd go with more thorough waterings, we can ask about your soil next, but also maybe not bring it in and out, besides transporting bugs it may not be used to direct sun......is this an indoor grow or outdoor?

Most all the time we'll talk about "letting soil dry between waterings". One exception is the days after transplsnting. The roots should not hit dry pockets. You want the surrounding soil to be moist until it starts rooting around its new home.
Thanks a lot I appreciate you man I’m sure I’ll have more questions. I’ve grown before but not serious like I am now. But sounds good I’ll definitely water that pocket a little more and see what happens ! Also I started these in Michigan mix but when I transplanted I went with strawberry farms because my local supply shop was out of happy frog and it’s a indoor grow this time. First time indoor!

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
It’s starting to happen on the next oldest set of leaves too. Also I know the leaves are drooping todays watering day but this happened before they needed watering. Also her sister plant is doing amazing so that’s what I don’t understand what’s different
My vote is those leaves are touching the soil, most likely reason they died, once she pops 2 or 3 more nodes those leaves will probably be removed anyways, are any of the top leaves affected that are not touching soil at all?

Ghost3

Ghost3

My vote is those leaves are touching the soil, most likely reason they died, once she pops 2 or 3 more nodes those leaves will probably be removed anyways, are any of the top leaves affected that are not touching soil at all?
No sir. I have pictures above. I have the next oldest set are like that but I believe they touch the soil. I’m not home to check right now but definitely will

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Contact with the soil was my first guess. My second guess is dry soil in the space where the roots contact the new soil. It may be helpful to water in a ring around the plant, so the roots don't contact dry soil. Only do that till the plant recovers, though. We want the roots to seek water.

Ghost3

Ghost3

Contact with the soil was my first guess. My second guess is dry soil in the space where the roots contact the new soil. It may be helpful to water in a ring around the plant, so the roots don't contact dry soil. Only do that till the plant recovers, though. We want the roots to seek water.
Sounds good I’ll check both thanks a lot!

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hey bud. Move the plant into a 1/2 sun location for a couple of weeks, Give it a good soaking with water right away.
I'd suggest a cup of water every hour for a day. It's way to dry. Then give it a good feed of any fertilizer with a high middle number. Like 5-15-5
Do this once a week 2 weeks in a row it needs to get the root system growing. Then move it back to full sun and change to a high nitrogen mix like 12-6-6 1/2 strength and add a little Cal mag once a week for the fallowing 4 weeks. Then the plant should be able to handle 12-6-6 3/4 strength with a little cal-Mag.

Don't over water but it needs to be kept moist.
When buds start forming change back to the 5-15-5 fertilizer and up the Cal -Mag a bit.

Last edited:
Ghost3

Ghost3

Hey bud. Move the plant into a 1/2 sun location for a couple of weeks, Give it a good soaking with water.
I'd suggest a cup of water every hour for a day. It's way to dry. Then Give it a good feed of any fertilizer with a high middle number. Like 5-15-5
Do this once a week 2 weeks in a row it needs to get the root system growing. Then move it back to full sun and change to a high nitrogen mix like 12-6-6 1/2 strength and add a little Cal mag once a week for the fallowing 4 weeks. Then the plant should be able to handle 12-6-6 3/4 strength with a little cal-Mag.

When buds start forming change back to the 5-15-5 fertilizer and up the Cal -Mag a.
Hey bud. Move the plant into a 1/2 sun location for a couple of weeks, Give it a good soaking with water right away.
I'd suggest a cup of water every hour for a day. It's way to dry. Then Give it a good feed of any fertilizer with a high middle number. Like 5-15-5

When buds start forming change back to the 5-15-5 fertilizer and up the Cal -Mag a bit.
Will do! Thanks man

Ghost3

Ghost3

Just got home and they look different now I’ve watered it. I’m not sure what’s going on the leafs have poked back up since I watered it but them 2 older leafs are looking worse

IMG 3310
IMG 3309
IMG 3308
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

The tips where cooked buy the hot ground due to lack of water, the plant will be ok.
Just be cool, one little step at a time and she will be just fine. Just keep after it with 1 cup of water an hour.
This lets the super dry ground soak up and hold onto the water, the water does not all run off.

Just to be clear. I did not say take it indoors and put it outside again. I said partial shade.
That's under a tree with morning and evening sun shaded mid day for 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Ghost3

Ghost3

The tips where cooked buy the hot ground due to lack of water, the plant will be ok.
Just be cool, one little step at a time and she will be just fine. Just keep after it with 1 cup of water an hour.
This lets the super dry ground soak up and hold onto the water, the water does not all run off.

Just to be clear. I did not say take it indoors and put it outside again. I said partial shade.
That's under a tree with morning and evening sun shaded mid day for 2 weeks.
I gotcha and it’s indoor plant I just took it out side to get some extra light and switched that corner of the grow tent around was only out there for couple hours but I will follow water process definitely not trying to lose this one

Top Bottom