Please Help Identify problem see pictures

• Thread starter mike1980
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mike1980

mike1980

Hi there,

Was hoping someone could give me some idea of what issue some of my outdoor plants have. These pictures are of new growth. Thanks

Please help identify problem see pictures
Please help identify problem see pictures 2
Please help identify problem see pictures 3
Please help identify problem see pictures 4
Please help identify problem see pictures 5
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

We just had a thread with this. It's either a virus or anthrocyanins. There is some evidence both ways but no lab results.
We don't really know which. If you can, get it tested and share the results with us.

You also have what might be a root issue. What are you growing in?
What and how often do you feed?

mike1980

mike1980

We just had a thread with this. It's either a virus or anthrocyanins. There is some evidence both ways but no lab results.
We don't really know which. If you can, get it tested and share the results with us.

You also have what might be a root issue. What are you growing in?
What and how often do you feed?
Thanks for reply. Growing in triple mix(humus, sphagnum peat moss and compost) Feeding Dutch Nutrient(two part) once a week with collected rain water. It has been raining tons here lately and the plant with issue is in the path of a down spout from roof. I did notice a little of the same on one top site on plant beside problem plant

20210723 201314
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

After giving it some thought, I think you should defoliate a bit. I see something that makes me think root zone.
Can you get a really long nail (12 or more inches) or something and put a lot of holes in the root zone? I think that might solve part of your issue.

On another thought, what's in the soil you planted in? Have you had it tested? I would love to know the results.
I want to see this thing get figured out one way or the other.

mike1980

mike1980

All great advise guys, thank you. I am for sure going to remove the straw and I have been cleaning the bottoms a little bit each week. didn't want to cut it all off at once. Going to look at sample leafs under microscope to make sure I don't have broad mites or something. Soil is humus, sphagnum peat moss and compost and added a bit of promix. Most plants are wider than they are tall. the planter boxes are 5X5 feet. Will try to test ph of soil too

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

I get not wanting to stress em too much but pruning will actually enhance vigor for the remainder of the plant. You take off material up to 1 foot off the ground and you will see a small difference. You take an entire third from bottom and the rest will explode with vigor. You could strip every big long stem leaf and in one week you won't be able to tell.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

It's like math. The plant has a finite amount of energy distribution given certain environmental factors. Say it's got 200 bud sites, take one third of them out and the plant will react by dispersing the energy it would have used on those and send up to the remaining sites.

trickle

trickle

It's some old strain from the 1990's, apparently breed in Ontario, Canada possibly called crinkle
i'm pretty sure that line was also in mass and vt in the early 2000's, that's wild if it's the same one i've never heard that name used since then on a seedline

trickle

trickle

looks like that leaf hopper bacteria i saw in '18, i would just cut off every branch that has it so it doesn't keep spreading, the ones i let grow ended up not amounting to anything and eventually rotting in the rain

mike1980

mike1980

i'm pretty sure that line was also in mass and vt in the early 2000's, that's wild if it's the same one i've never heard that name used since then on a seedline
Ya pretty sure it is legend og crinkle cut. Was lucky to find it again after all those years. Very hashy and sticky

20210902 151030 resized
20210910 143909
20210910 143857
Last edited:
Top Bottom