Please Help Identify This Discolouration

• Thread starter BakedPotato
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lino

lino

Hi lino

I'm not too sure what is florescent. Do u mean CFL lights? OK cool didn't know that! Is the LED 300w too strong in the beginning? I realised I may have gotten soil that's too hot for the seedlings and should have gotten seedling potting soil as opposed to professional potting soil which I got.
Yes, T12 - T5 or low level lite. Once dialed in you can get lites closer to plants to slow stretch.

scope soil if plants seedlings struggle, might be larva from the bag soil...

BakedPotato

BakedPotato

Thanks man! That is the one thing i wasn't able to check was the pH level of my filtered water. I didnt pH it down in case i over do it so just plain water with seaweed extract. Now i stopped the seaweed extract all together because i thought i was nute burning. I will try plain ph'd water with cal/mag and see what happens thanks!!

So I got my pH meter today. the RO water was at 8.6pH :sweating: and after i added some nutes, it drops down to 4.0pH. I think that was why all my nutes were locked out and all the plants started dying. i have flushed all of them with RO water at 6.5-6.8 so hopefully now they will be happier.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
So I got my pH meter today. the RO water was at 8.6pH :sweating: and after i added some nutes, it drops down to 4.0pH. I think that was why all my nutes were locked out and all the plants started dying. i have flushed all of them with RO water at 6.5-6.8 so hopefully now they will be happier.
If you have usable well water or tap water, fill a 5gal bucket and let it sit for 24hrs. Mix 50/50 RO and tap before adding your nutes and your ph wont swing so bad when adding nutes or ph up/down. A few drops of acid or base will make straight Ro swing whole points on the Ph scale on a meter and it isnt accurate, you need water with some minerals in it for your meter to read right.

Top Bottom