Please help identifying 3rd node

• Thread starter Jonnypierce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Hi everybody, I am wanting to top at the 3rd node but before I do I just want to double check that I am chopping in the right place, I'm gonna give them a bit longer before I do it, but can somebody please mark on the pics where the 3rd node is ? T.I.A

Please help identifying 3rd node
Please help identifying 3rd node 2
Legobuzzard

Legobuzzard

Why is the internodes alternating already, that's what I want to know...

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Honestly with that plant if your gonna do top the growing tip and remove the bottom nodes....

Just my opinion.
Hiya pal I'm wanting to try mainling, and everything I've read says you need to top at the third node, then top a couple more times, I've never attempted mainlinging before and just fancied trying something new, I know it's well too early yet I was just looking at them and trying to figure out where the third node even was, due to the Internodes alternating like mentioned

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Are you just topping once? If so that would be fine to cut there.
Hiya bud no I'm wanting to try mainling so I wud be topping multiple times, but all the research I've done says top at the third node, but with all the internodes alternating like they are I'm finding it hard

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Hiya bud no I'm wanting to try mainling so I wud be topping multiple times, but all the research I've done says top at the third node, but with all the internodes alternating like they are I'm finding it hard.
Yes using clones it’s harder to mainline for sure. The whole point of it is to distribute nutrients more evenly but with your node spacing it won’t be so even. I would also take the advice of aqua man and wait to top that clone. Give it a little more time and then I would probably top above the 4th node and remove bottom 2 nodes to create the mainline. It may require a little more training to get them as even as possible but you can do it. Next time you want to do a mainline or manifold start with a photo seed you won’t run into node spacing issues.

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Yes using clones it’s harder to mainline for sure. The whole point of it is to distribute nutrients more evenly but with your node spacing it won’t be so even. I would also take the advice of aqua man and wait to top that clone. Give it a little more time and then I would probably top above the 4th node and remove bottom 2 nodes to create the mainline. It may require a little more training to get them as even as possible but you can do it. Next time you want to do a mainline or manifold start with a photo seed you won’t run into node spacing issues.
I have seen mainlining done with autos as well but your timing has to be perfect.

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

I have seen mainlining done with autos as well but your timing has to be perfect.
Thankyou for the advice ! Well I don't have to try mainling if its gonna be too difficult for my first time, as these are cuttings, not from seed, they are photos not autos, last time I used a scrog and it all went great, I just fancied trying to learn something new, that's all pal, but sounds a bit more difficult than first anticipated and last thing I want to do is screw it up

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

It’s really not that hard to do, just takes some patience to let the plant recover and grow more before topping again. It will make your veg time a little longer but if your ok with that then I would give it a try. How many plants are you growing and what kind of space are you growing in?

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

It’s really not that hard to do, just takes some patience to let the plant recover and grow more before topping again. It will make your veg time a little longer but if your ok with that then I would give it a try. How many plants are you growing and what kind of space are you growing in?
I'm doing 8 plants in a 2.4 m tent. I know it all takes time I wasn't thinking about doing it right now, I was gonna let it grow out another week and then do the first topping and tying down, and then give it at least another week before touching it again and so on, was wanting to top 3-4 times so I was planning on a 5-6 week veg if that sounds feasible? That is my current set up

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Every single mainlining demo I've seen was done on a seedling with opposite leaves. You're going to have to do your own version of mainlining here.

I guess the question for you is, how many branches do you want to work with? Make sure you have at least that many good growing points.

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Every single mainlining demo I've seen was done on a seedling with opposite leaves. You're going to have to do your own version of mainlining here.

I guess the question for you is, how many branches do you want to work with? Make sure you have at least that many good growing points.
Yeah that's what I'm saying, everything I've seen on mainling, all the nodes are perfectly parallel to each other where as mine are all over the place, so I might just stick to what I know this time 😂

Top Bottom