PLEASE HELP! Im completely stumped!

• Thread starter CarlWebbIII
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CarlWebbIII

CarlWebbIII

Hey guys, looking for any input any possible solutions. Ill get as much detail as i can.

Strain is lemon skunk
All clones from same plant that is currently flowering out perfectly and hasnt had any problems.

Growing in sunshine mix #4

Using General Hydroponics Flora series (trio)
on a Feed, Feed, Water watering cycle.

Following the “medium strength” on the GH feed chart. (Pic included)

Sometimes added Ful-Power fulvic/humic acid

Also added recharge and fish sh!t on plain waterings from time to time

78 degrees F/ around 60 % RH

4 plants under a hps set at 60%
4 plants under the new ac infinity evo 6 @ 100%

The 4 plants shown are under the HPS and are the ones who started showing the problem first. It now looks like its slowly starting on a couple of the other plants under the ac infinity!!

Checked coco pH and it was sitting at 5.4pH
So i flushed the coco with 6.2 pH water and brought the coco pH up to about 6.0-6.1pH
(Tested with soil pH pen, not runoff)

I cannot figure out the nutrient deficiency / toxicity! Yellowing on new growth but like a hard yellow and splotchy not like full leaf yellowing all at once slowly. Growth has also slowed down big time! Any ideas?

Please help im completely stumped
Please help im completely stumped 2
Please help im completely stumped 3
Please help im completely stumped 4
CarlWebbIII

CarlWebbIII

im gonna say light burn / stress lower the intensity of your light to maybe 60 to 75
download the photone app and check your par/ppfd
Thank you for the quick response! Ive checked ppfd as well. I have a “vsense” i believe its called. Plus theyve been under this same light their whole life except their first week. Same intensity and distance. And the problem has just started at the end of week 4.

Btw, they look shriveled and hung over because i just watered again last night and this picture was taken about an hour after lights out ( i just flipped ok the ac infinity really quick to take a clearer picture than under the hps)

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I won't say it isn't the light intensity, but there may be another possibility. Some trace nutrient deficiencies can cause a similar appearance. Magnesium and zinc are both elements in chlorophyll. To me, the yellowing appears more pronounced toward the leaf tips, and that indicates a zinc deficiency. I'm not familiar with the nutrients being used or the water, though. Nevertheless, lack of chlorophyll seems to be involved, so reducing the light intensity is likely to help. Was the mother plant grown with the same nutrients and if so, did it have a similar problem?

SnappyJack

SnappyJack

Do you have a / any ppm reading(s) ... what actions have you taken since noticing the start... how much time / days has elapsed before this post.

CarlWebbIII

CarlWebbIII

I won't say it isn't the light intensity, but there may be another possibility. Some trace nutrient deficiencies can cause a similar appearance. Magnesium and zinc are both elements in chlorophyll. To me, the yellowing appears more pronounced toward the leaf tips, and that indicates a zinc deficiency. I'm not familiar with the nutrients being used or the water, though. Nevertheless, lack of chlorophyll seems to be involved, so reducing the light intensity is likely to help. Was the mother plant grown with the same nutrients and if so, did it have a similar problem?
The mother plant was started as an “organic” run with gaia green and DTE amendments. But at week 4 instead of a top dress i switched over to the same nutes using now as i flipped them to flower. Im crazy stumped because i ran 3 different strains in that run and didnt have a single problem with any of the strains. Its just the clones. Only difference is like i said the clones were started off with liquid nutes from the cut.

CarlWebbIII

CarlWebbIII

Do you have a / any ppm reading(s) ... what actions have you taken since noticing the start... how much time / days has elapsed before this post.
I havent taken any ppm or ec readings actually, good thought! I did just get a new ph/ec pen right when this started to happen. But no i actually havent even used the ec or ppm option on my new pen yet. What should i be testing, like runoff or input? Flushing? And what would be concerning numbers?

CarlWebbIII

CarlWebbIII

Btw, i hear yall so i cut back the light from 70% to 60% (thats the lowest option on my ballast) and gave them another flush of 6.0 water . Ive been noticing some burning on the lower leaves as well now. I hope the light intensity helps or is the full problem. Does make sense in my setup so we shall see 🤞🏻

CarlWebbIII

CarlWebbIII

Also my initial thoughts were either iron or zinc but my tap water i use definitely has a healthy amount of traces.

I was told by a buddy at my local grow shop it looks like an excess of something due to the weird yellowing on the new growth but since then ( about 3 days) im starting to see some burningish look on the lower leaves that still look pretty healthy. Just around the edges look a little rusty.

SnappyJack

SnappyJack

'What should i be testing, like runoff or input? Flushing? And what would be concerning numbers?"

I would do all 3

N

Natep

I think I would reduce the light intensity. Back it down by about 20% for a week. See if the plant starts to pray. Then gradually increase the light.

Sunasun

Sunasun

Because they haven't rooted properly due to extreme light intensity and watering too often.
Lowering light levels will lead to faster and more well developed root generation in clones.

Sunasun

Sunasun

I think I would reduce the light intensity. Back it down by about 20% for a week. See if the plant starts to pray. Then gradually increase the light.
Back it down to 20 percent, they don't have a developed root system yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom