Please Help Me Fix A LED Choice Boo-Boo

• Thread starter SlowMoGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SlowMoGrow

Hello , I wanted to buy a nice grow light and end up purchasing the Grow The jungle Nemesis with bluetooth edition and i am not happy with it. I just dont think it performs well compared to cheaper options. Has anyone seen any evidence or used this model that would disagree ?
My current issue is i plan to return it and get something else for around the same price range (380 euro). I have looked and researched but there are so many provable shill videos, post and reviews its hard to tell whats true and whats not. I have narrowed it down to what i think are my best choices ? The Viparspectra xs2000 , The Spider Farmer se3000 , The mars hydro fc3000 or just keep the Jackson nemesis but downgraded to the dimmer version which also has a few issues. It has all become a bit overwhelming to decide and i am really sorry to bother you all about it but i could really use the help.
I really do prefer LED and i am buying a grow area according to which of these i buy. I am willing to spend up to 380 euro. Are any of these good options to get excellent results ? Is there something else you would recommend ? Please help to end this nightmare of uncertainty. Thanks

SSgrower

SSgrower

See my grow diary as I researched and found a Philzon 450w. for $400.00 here in the states. I was using 2 Viparspectra 450 w. reflector series but wasn't getting the yield I want to achieve. This thread will get a lot of attention. Cheers SS @bagseed grow 1st. time in coco&perlite

Blastfact

Blastfact

What are the complaints concerning your current lighting solution. So far it looks like buyers remorse. Been doing a little research and I find nothing that jumps out and says junk light or company. Only thing I find out of place is the cost. That's a high priced light with solid mid pack performance at a current exchange rate of $421 USA. For that much money I would go straight to HLG and not look back.

B

buhdda

See my grow diary as I researched and found a Philzon 450w. for $400.00 here in the states. I was using 2 Viparspectra 450 w. reflector series but wasn't getting the yield I want to achieve. This thread will get a lot of attention. Cheers SS @bagseed grow 1st. time in coco&perlite
you can get a decent California grow light with a 5 yr warranty for like $ 270.00 , I believe it's the SX 1000, which all depends on your coverage, I heard about both Mars Hydro &Spider Farmer both are decent lights for the game, the only thing is to compare the graph of the spectrum which will prove more of what you're looking for some have the blue & red ,mostly for plant growth but needs all the spectrum which contains white light green & yellow which I i read a lot of their reviews, which I believe it's California lightworks

S

SlowMoGrow

Hey thanks guys. I audibly took a breath of relief seeing a few people reply to help me out. Its been such a lonely and challenging task , i cant tell you how much i appreciate the help/input. @SSgrower , The Philzon 450w doesnt look bad but the spread on the light is less than that of the se3000 or Fc3000 using 283watts with the added benefit of that small touch of UV light at a lower price ( here in the EU the Philzon 450wPhilzon is 384.99 Euro and the se3000 i can get for around 330 which also has the highest return in power savings i believe , and the fc3000 for 360 Euro .

S

SlowMoGrow

@Blastfact Definitely some remorse in there , but the lack of features and functionality at such a high price in the end is what made me decide its best to return it. Some of the big issues i had with it :
1. No 660-665nm red ,ir light or UV included - You can buy the Jungle add ons for 215 euro a piece for the UV and IR.
2. The Bluetooth app sucks . The timer works , but when it supposed to go to sleep the lights still say lit. This is a major issue if you ask me.
3. The sunset and sunrise + Fade dont work from the app.
4. The Bluetooth broadcast name cannot be changed or hidden. There is an option to hide it , but that doesnt work either so you are stuck with "JACKSON250Wattbt" Floating around constantly.
5. All that came in the box was the panel and a power cord that i had to put together myself. ( not very hard but at that price point ?
6. The light gets pretty hot and starts to bend in the middle quite a bit. Not sure if this will eventually cause damage or not , but it doesnt look good.
7.No detachable drive
8. Bluetooth is the only way to control it. No dimmer switch included with the most expensive model.
9.No hangers included with the model.
10. I can get all of this thats missing from the fc3000 or se3000 for less. ( the small bit of remorse part)

B

buhdda

Hey thanks guys. I audibly took a breath of relief seeing a few people reply to help me out. Its been such a lonely and challenging task , i cant tell you how much i appreciate the help/input. @SSgrower , The Philzon 450w doesnt look bad but the spread on the light is less than that of the se3000 or Fc3000 using 283watts with the added benefit of that small touch of UV light at a lower price ( here in the EU the Philzon 450wPhilzon is 384.99 Euro and the se3000 i can get for around 330 which also has the highest return in power savings i believe , and the fc3000 for 360 Euro .
I'm going to tell you if you want to get serious into growing it's going to cost you a lot of scrilla if you're looking for a decent harvest, even the commercial growers I've known said you will have a very bad experience if you're using a sub par light, from the 4 months of looking reading studying their differences, it will cost a decent amount to make it worth your while, I seen those lights ssgrow was telling you , but they sub compared to yields on others, it's a 1 time buys. if you compare the cost of the phizon yields to the California lightworks lights, the only difference they have a much ewider range in the spectrum with less space & weight, the
@Blastfact Definitely some remorse in there , but the lack of features and functionality at such a high price in the end is what made me decide its best to return it. Some of the big issues i had with it :
1. No 660-665nm red ,ir light or UV included - You can buy the Jungle add ons for 215 euro a piece for the UV and IR.
2. The Bluetooth app sucks . The timer works , but when it supposed to go to sleep the lights still say lit. This is a major issue if you ask me.
4. The Bluetooth broadcast name cannot be changed or hidden. There is an option to hide it , but that doesnt work either so you are stuck with "JACKSON250Wattbt" Floating around constantly.
5. All that came in the box was the panel and a power cord that i had to put together myself. ( not very hard but at that price point ?
6. The light gets pretty hot and starts to bend in the middle quite a bit. Not sure if this will eventually cause damage or not , but it doesnt look good.
7.No detachable drive
8. Bluetooth is the only way to control it. No dimmer switch included with the most expensive model.
10. I can get all of this thats missing from the fc3000 or se3000 for less. ( the small bit of remorse part)
like I mentioned before you have to do your homework , they pressured me into getting spider farmer but after going to sites reading watching others, I didn't fall for it. It took a very long time but afterwards you don't have to worry about it shorting or any LEDs going out, you know what you're getting, TBH , I know a guy that is growing a lot of weight with just basic lights from Hone Depot, he spent like 60 bucks & doing good, but I like my little light that can cover a 5 x 5 with ease you got to do your homework, can't come in here & ask anyone what light do you prefer? you'll get 1500 answers, you got to shop around like the song you got to shop around , probably before your time back in 1964

B

buhdda

I'm going to tell you if you want to get serious into growing it's going to cost you a lot of scrilla if you're looking for a decent harvest, even the commercial growers I've known said you will have a very bad experience if you're using a sub par light, from the 4 months of looking reading studying their differences, it will cost a decent amount to make it worth your while, I seen those lights ssgrow was telling you , but they sub compared to yields on others, it's a 1 time buys. if you compare the cost of the phizon yields to the California lightworks lights, the only difference they have a much ewider range in the spectrum with less space & weight

S

SlowMoGrow

I'm going to tell you if you want to get serious into growing it's going to cost you a lot of scrilla if you're looking for a decent harvest, even the commercial growers I've known said you will have a very bad experience if you're using a sub par light, from the 4 months of looking reading studying their differences, it will cost a decent amount to make it worth your while, I seen those lights ssgrow was telling you , but they sub compared to yields on others, it's a 1 time buys. if you compare the cost of the phizon yields to the California lightworks lights, the only difference they have a much ewider range in the spectrum with less space & weight
That i know. If i could afford it i would buy a way better light like lumatek or HGL But this price range is all i have. I am not going to get too serious. A small space for a few veggies and thats all. What light did you end up going with ? I thought i narrowed it down to the best , but you are right , maybe ive only found the most hyped. I dont know , thats why i came to you guys. I kind of need the answer to ,what light do you prefer out of the ones listed as this could help me in my attempt to make the right decision. Some of the input i received here has already been a huge help to me. Narrowed down to se3000 and fc3000 unless there is something better for the same price. The ones you all listed so far are good , just out of my range.

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

The Viparspectra full spectrum boards work just fine. I've had good luck with the Vipars, and better results with Kingbrite boards. You could probably get 2x 240w boards from Kingbrite delivered for less than 380.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hello , I wanted to buy a nice grow light and end up purchasing the Grow The jungle Nemesis with bluetooth edition and i am not happy with it. I just dont think it performs well compared to cheaper options. Has anyone seen any evidence or used this model that would disagree ?
My current issue is i plan to return it and get something else for around the same price range (380 euro). I have looked and researched but there are so many provable shill videos, post and reviews its hard to tell whats true and whats not. I have narrowed it down to what i think are my best choices ? The Viparspectra xs2000 , The Spider Farmer se3000 , The mars hydro fc3000 or just keep the Jackson nemesis but downgraded to the dimmer version which also has a few issues. It has all become a bit overwhelming to decide and i am really sorry to bother you all about it but i could really use the help.
I really do prefer LED and i am buying a grow area according to which of these i buy. I am willing to spend up to 380 euro. Are any of these good options to get excellent results ? Is there something else you would recommend ? Please help to end this nightmare of uncertainty. Thanks
That i know. If i could afford it i would buy a way better light like lumatek or HGL But this price range is all i have. I am not going to get too serious. A small space for a few veggies and thats all. What light did you end up going with ? I thought i narrowed it down to the best , but you are right , maybe ive only found the most hyped. I dont know , thats why i came to you guys. I kind of need the answer to ,what light do you prefer out of the ones listed as this could help me in my attempt to make the right decision. Some of the input i received here has already been a huge help to me. Narrowed down to se3000 and fc3000 unless there is something better for the same price. The ones you all listed so far are good , just out of my range.
This might sound like a sales pitch but Spiderfarmer sponsored me with an SE 3000 and after my grow with it I was so impressed I bought another 1 off them..I now have 2 and I'm just about to set up a room to contain both....I also like that they have a driver with a cord long enough to remove it from the grow space / tent if you need to control the small amount of heat the generate

I've only had these led lights. I have been using t5's and hps previously . So I can't compare them to any others but if there were crap I'd say so and I certainly wouldn't have bought another.

They are sponsors here and offer discount codes, mine came tax & shipping free that saved me a whack of cash @ 15 fking% here where I live. Their reps post here regularly so you can contact them.......told you...sales pitch...lol

Blastfact

Blastfact

7.No detachable drive
Yeah all that would add up to one huge fail! I did see where one has to assemble the plug and they came with no hanging accessory's. It's a shame the Bluetooth is junk. If you cant get HLG which I like and use or MIGRO or another top tier light then get the Spider Farmer. Or one of it's competitors. They all have there pros and cons,,,, some more than others. And we always have compromises to deal with. I'm building a dual HLG 260 Rspec light right now and also including there 30 UVB in the build. When it's all said and done I will $700 into it,,,, but will have a perfect light for my 3' x 3' tent. Will be the last light I ever have. Plus I have two HLG 100 4000K I veg with. But even with my setup there is compromise. Since I'm using there kit the dimmer does not have a box to mount it in and no nut for the potentiometer to mount it in a box properly and other little things. I had to make a compromise a couple of weeks back when I bought a new lift for my Goldwing. As much as I wanted a Handy table for my Wing,,, I don't have the room for it. So I bought a Big Blue lift made in the UK. While better than a motorcycle jack will it be good enough to make me not jones for the Handy table I have no room for when working on my huge Wing. Good Luck Sir!!!!

Top Bottom