please help me install my co2 gen 2 LPe

• Thread starter Drizzle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Drizzle

Drizzle

No natural gas where I am.....propane tanks. The propane tank company needs to install the tank and whatever is being used off of it when they deliver the tank. I think I would rather not have them install my Co2 generator for me for obvious reasons, I was thinking about putting something else in there for them to hook up and when they leave take it off and install my co2 generator myself. would that be hard to do? Will the PSI pressure be right? Should I just have them install the co2 generator and hope they don't contact authorities?

SAMCRO

SAMCRO

Why? Get the 5 Gallon Portable BBQ Grill tanks for $20.00 bucks and your good to go. When its empty head on into town to get her refilled for $20.00. DO NOT HAVE SOMEBODY ENTER YOUR GROW AREA EVER.

Drizzle

Drizzle

I don't think a 5 gallon tank will last long enough. It's a pretty big room. Also will the pressure coming out of the propane tank....5 gallon or 100 gallon be the right pressure? Just hook it up to it and turn the burner on?

Asbestos4u

Asbestos4u

Your C02 generator should come with its own pressure regulator. They make 20 gallon propain tanks aswell.

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

Do not let them install that is a bad idea for sure if anything I would just have them hook it up to your grill. My gramps had them do this because he said he was to old to keep lugging the damn tanks around. Then just run an line into the house or lug the tank inside. How big is the room? I would say up to a 12x12 room you should be a ok with a little tank.

Drizzle

Drizzle

the room is 30 x 20 x 10 ft high... pretty big. nothing is in the room yet.

so maybe just take a regular barbecue grill and have them leave a 100 lb tank and run the line from the tank inside to the room to the bbq grill? Then when they leave unhook the bbq and take more piping and make it reach a higher height properly for a co2 gen and hook that up? the pressure will be right and everything? how will i make sure the seal is good on the piping extension and the generator?

Drizzle

Drizzle

but they would be like WTF why is a bbq grill inside your garage? why do you need a line into your garage for a grill thats suppose to be outside?

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

I wouldn't have anyone near your room. Idk were you live and please don't say but around my parts you can buy a propane tank and get them filled, pretty much any size as long as you can get it to a fill station is that not an option?

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
The smaller propane tanks are my preferred option, if you run out in the middle of the night, somewhere is open that sells propane. No appointments, no visitors, no questions.

OGONLY

OGONLY

You wont be able to move a 100 lb tank yourself. Just buy 3 or 4 five gallon tanks and swap em out every 3 or 4 days. That is how long those tanks will likely last is a room your size. Dealing with refilling a 100 lb tank will be a huge headache, not to mention moving it. Just make sure and always have a full tank (5 gal) or 2 around for when they go empty. You can easily lift 5 gallon tanks, so when they get very light they are close to being empty.

I make sure and swap mine out when the tank gets very light before it runs out because I don't want it running out on my plants in the middle of the night.

Drizzle

Drizzle

But I would end up spending soooo much more on propane. I think they charge like $20 to exchange them for a filled one. So I would spend like $160 a month on propane. That's as much as heat! It would be so much cheaper to get the local propane tank company to just come fill the 100 lb tank for me. I just need to come up with something for them to hook the tank up to and then I'll unhook it when they leave and hook it up to the generator.

The question is what can I use to hook the tank up to? And will it be hard for me to make sure the seal is right when they leave and I hook it up to the generator?

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

The exchanges are a rip off for sure but a local fill station is about I think 10 bucks last time I got mine filled. My room is about 8x11x7. I fill my little grill tank once a month to month and a half so if you had like 3 of them you should be ok. A friend of mine uses a 75lb tank for his garage heat he can manage to get it in and out of his truck by himself it's a bitch but do-able so maybe like a little smaller than that you would be ok. Also maybe there's a welding supply store you can score propane tanks from....I got mine cheaper that way.

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

As far as sealing the line it's pretty easy just Teflon tape the pipe and turn it on and spray some soapy water were you made the connection. If you see bubbles try again if not your golden its easy bro don't sweat it.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
your big tank should have a regulator on it. if so, you're good to go with the pressure. your gen should have a regulator also, you can also use that so that there are two regulators in line.

you can run the line yourself, but do not use galvanized pipe. use black pipe. galvanized is a no-no with propane over time.

and, VERY important, do not use the white teflon tape for propane. they make a special teflon tape for propane that is colored yellow . . . or use pipe dope. home depot, plumbing department, read the labels on the pipe dope.

check all joints before using for leaks with soapy water.

also, while you're at it, put a valve on the beginning of the line you run so that you can isolate the line if need be. you can find brass valves for propane in the plumbing section also.

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

Did not know about the yellow pipe tape I'm going to have to switch mine out... Good stuff papa

KingsHockey

KingsHockey

On a small 5 gallon tank how much should you release? My Tent is 4' x 4' x 8' tall

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

I use a 20lb propane in a room that size now it last a week or more depending on how many times I open the door at 1000ppm flowering. A 100lb should last over a month if you have a proper regulator and a sealed room. Good Luck its definitely worth the hassle.

treebark1950

treebark1950

I use 5 gallon bbq tanks. My smaller 14x14 room lasts over a month, and my 14x24 room lasts 3 weeks. Way easier for me. And in a room the size your talking, is the propane costs really a big deal?

Good luck

Top Bottom