Please Help me pick a strain for MY 1st SOG.

• Thread starter FarEastOakland
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FarEastOakland

FarEastOakland

after months of research, ive decided to try a sea of green for the first time... from what ive read, the strain i choose will make me or break me... im working with the following mother plants and want to know if anyone has experience or an opinion... I'm going 4 plants per sq ft, straight from the cloner (no veg), aiming for one main center cola...

Green Crack
Blue Dream
AK-47
Girl Scout Cookies (i doubt this would be good considering plant/flower formation)

MrStonerMan

MrStonerMan

When I researched strains when I set up a small SOG grow I did all three of the top strains on your list were recommended. I haven't seen GSC run in SOG but that would be pretty dope! lol

soserthc1

soserthc1

green crack works great in s.o.g ....check out BirdDog's thread and down in 45 days......ding ding......winner...good luck

soserthc1

soserthc1

When I researched strains when I set up a small SOG grow I did all three of the top strains on your list were recommended. I haven't seen GSC run in SOG but that would be pretty dope! lol
The yield would suck thou , not something to run in sog just mho ......though also its a strechy plant also another reason - again jmho

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Blue dream would kill a sog.
Confu.

MrStonerMan

MrStonerMan

yeah yield would probably suck lol. I was just high and imagined a big ol sog canopy of GSC haha

FarEastOakland

FarEastOakland

thanks for the input all...

ill check birddog's thread for sure

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I run Sour D - 3.75 per sq ft. - veg for 7-10days - lollipop - and click....usually get 20-22grams per.

FarEastOakland

FarEastOakland

nice numbers there greenleaf... nice dog too (a lot of dog owners on this site)...

how aggressive do you lollipop? im afraid with 7-10 days veg, plants would get too big in flower and there wouldnt be sufficient space (air ventilation). in the past, that always gave me powdery mildew.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

nice numbers there greenleaf... nice dog too (a lot of dog owners on this site)...

how aggressive do you lollipop? im afraid with 7-10 days veg, plants would get too big in flower and there wouldnt be sufficient space (air ventilation). in the past, that always gave me powdery mildew.

Thanks! Is that a bull terrior in yours? I love the brindle...

Anyways, I am setup in the hills where the climate is much like a desert. I call it the place PM goes to die - even if I bring PM'd clones up it dissapears in a day or two.
I like to thin slowly, sometimes a limb a day, up until they're done stretching...Now that i'm using heavy Caps bennies I never seen much stress or slowed growth after de-limbing.

The numbers I use haven't been a problem with Sour Deisel, if lollipopped right it stays slim and does not get too leafy. I have done it with Grape ape and Blackberry Kush and ended up with these fat ass single chodes that made things a little cramped, but never saw rot or mildew.

J

John Ditchweed

soma's lavender is a huge center cola dom plant. I yielded around two 0's each plant with a few weeks veg. No side branching what so ever. Also Blue satellite had the same one huge single cola. 1 months veg there and was yielding 2-4 O buds

S

sands

Good thread I am getting ready to do my first sog also. One old standby as far as PM is Eagle 20. Back about five years ago I got a tip about it after having my whole veg/mom room covered in that devil powder. I understand most ppls thing about systemic fungicides but I swear I sprayed that stuff one time and it was all gone!!!! Now I spray the veg plants 2 weeks before flower as the eagle 20 is systemic for 7 weeks and I never see the stuff anymore never.

http://www.tampaagriculturalproducts.com/fungicides/eagle-20-ew/

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
You hit on an excellent point. Air circulation is critical with the plant density of a SOG. You want air moving above, below, & through, the plants. Exhaust if you can. I'm running snowcap in a less agressive SOG style, just small plants really. 1.5/sf and I have room to go another 30% with the current strain. It's working out well. . .because the plants are only 20" all the lowers are getting solid light penetration so there is almost no larf. I have a garden of little xmas trees with massive center colas and really large side colas. I ran a few other strains to see what they would do, including the aforementioned lavender. As described I have 10" plant with a solid top nug. Blueberry & Master Kush also seem to have potential in the SOG. Single bud columns on both, although the Master Kush did stretch a lot.

As far as vegging, I'd recommend at least 3-4 days of veg time to allow the plants to establish a decent root system in their new home.

outwest

Top Bottom