Please help me save my Durban Poison lol

• Thread starter Vb2flat2surf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I have only grown autos previously (2 other times) and I'm attempting some Durban Posion fem plants. Things were looking really good till the past 4 days. My plant to the right just looks like shit. It's lanky, weak looking and now I'm finding browning in between veins and clawing. The plant on the right has been Topped 3 previous times so I'm learning that it won't look as tough as a main cola (this is all new to me). My plant on the left looks good for the most part but some leaves have the same issue. I'll have been reading what to do. I did a 6.0 P.H flush yesterday with about 20 percent run off and actually looks better, but still rough. I have been trying to find out on Google what it means. I have read manganese deficiency. I have read to do a flush. I have read to use Cal mag. You guys have really helped me alot previously amd hipeing yo save these Durbans as it's one of my favorite strains.
On a side not, my Gelato auto is looking awesome!
Gelato - DAY 63
Durban - Gay 68 (day 16 since lights switched to 12/12)

Please help me save my durban poison lol
Please help me save my durban poison lol 2
Please help me save my durban poison lol 3
Please help me save my durban poison lol 4
Please help me save my durban poison lol 5
Please help me save my durban poison lol 6
HaveApuff

HaveApuff

What is your water/ feeding schedule?....and where are your lights in comparison to your plants (height)?

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Having to water every 3 days. I believe I am going to have to transpalnt into 5 gallon pots (3 gallon now). Light is 16" above canopy. Temperature at canopy is 79 degrees when lights are on and 73 when lights are off. I had to let them go a little longer in Veg then I wanted. I didnt have a closet available for my Gelato that was in same tent until 15 days ago.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I am doing Light feedings every other water because I read durbans don't like heavy nutrients. I have gotten autos down pretty good. But struggling in these (durbans are not autos)

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Finger test in soil amd lifting pots as. I know this is part of my issue is not knowing anything other then that. Last Sunday I had to go out of town (this is kind of when it started) and when I got home I thought I had killed them because they were sooooo limp and soil was bone dry. And pot was soooo light. They were due for a feed (based on going 2 watering without feed). I'm wondering if a feed when they were so limp amd weak triggered whatever is going on

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

I flower in 3 gallon pots in a SCROG and make it all the way to the end of flower with no problem. Your plants look to be overwatered (chicken clawed look), maybe as a result of your underfeeding it at one point. The tips look burnt at the ends, suggesting you are feeding (using nutrients) to often. My suggestion, try letting your plants dry out a little more....maybe 4 days...and do a water, water, water, feed cycle.....also, I would move your lights up another foot in height....temperatures is not the way to gage if a plant is getting too much light....

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Thank you. Is a LUX reading of 52000 at canopy a bad gauge as well?

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

I don't go by LUX readings, or any other device except to look at the leaves on the plant. In all fairness, my lights remain at the top always, and my plants grow into them and as they mature they get more light, but if you notice that the plant leaves are cowering away from the light (turning down away from the light) then move your lights up (or dim them back)...within a few days you will likely see the leaves start to "V" up, if you get what I am saying

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Absolutely. I just moved light ups about 10 inches and will see how that goes. Thank you. I'm hoping I can save these babies lol

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

Personally, I don't use the finger test of scratching the top inch or so of soil....the volume of water that can be still available to the roots is still in the pot, despite the evaporation rate of the top inch or so of a pots volume.... you won't have to transplant into bigger pots

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

On another note, the plants will still need magnesium in flower, but not as much calcium, so I add mag/sulfur in flower, as sulfur is more of a ripping additive, but if not available, cal/mag will still work. I do recommend adding it to all watering's and feedings

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Thank you. I have been doing alot of reading on this. I try to get answers before asking here. Having plants reminds me of when my kids were babies lol. Temperamental as FU##

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

Also, here's a chart guide to help you with your ph in soil: I usually keep it around 6.4 personally. Good luck with your babies đź‘Ť

Soil ph chart marijuana sm
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Already a difference. I raised lights and spread the branches out to open up the canopy. Plant still looks weak, but leaves are slowly perking up already

20220414 210558
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Update: Gelato will be ready to have the lights cut off for 3 to 5 days. I did it my last grow and noticed a significant difference in trichoses. I plan to chop in in about 5 days which would make my seed to harvest in 75 days.
Trichoes are all cloudy and currently have a little less then 20% amber on a microscope. Out of desperation a cut a bud and did a quick dry (oven at 125 for 10 minutes) and took 2 rips and damn its already fire. On top of it tge plant looks really fool right now with the leaves turning all yellow and purple.

20220418 225610

Latest posts

Top Bottom