Please help me with my grow box smell/fan problem!

• Thread starter sugaree323
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sugaree323

Ok, have the "little woody" grow box (2x2x4 approx). Made a cfilter but it didn't help with the smell AT ALL.

Realized that the PC exhaust fan just isn't creating enuf negative pressure to push the smell through the filter, and it was just leaking out everywhere. I also realized that ona and other products like that were NOT SUFFICIENT for "skunky" smell control.

So my question is, how do i best deal with this? Do i just have to buy a better fan, somehow cut another whole in the box and attach the filter to that?

Need help and ideas here! Keep in mind I am "carpentry" challenged, which is why I bought this box online and didn't make my own.

Also, don't have a lot of space to work with.

HELP! THANKS!!!

L

l0g1c4l

Hey IMO I would just upgrade your pc fans. You can get some pretty impressive pc fans that have extremely high CFM ratings. I would check the one you have and upgrade it, and if you're lucky you'll be able to find the exact same size fan so you have to do any carpentry!

S

Sense I. Milla

You can get some pretty impressive pc fans that have extremely high CFM ratings.

You should have at least 125 CFM exhaust. I just got a 6" in-line booster fan at homedepot for like $20, while your at home-dept, get a carbon-filter. Also the smell can be covered buy lighting an in-scent or buy some odor neutralizer in a spray can.

S

sugaree323

Ended up buying a cent. fan with carbon filter online for 108 bucks, hopefully that works. Maybe I will put the filter I bought BEFORE the fan, and my home made filter as an exhaust??

Also, I forked out some bucks an bough a ozone air filter (for 149) for backup. Also have ona and all that good stuff.

That SHOULD solve this problem one would hope!!!! I am growing in a cement crawlspace though under the house and EVERY smell is magnified it seems tenfold!

Before I had a home made filter, ona, vaportronic, and about everything else under the sun. Didn't touch it, AND I WAS GROWING ONLY ONE PLANT!!!!!!!!

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I second Pauly... pics please

Do you have enough intake?

We are geniuses and we will get you fixed up. That's how we roll here.

S

sugaree323

I second Pauly... pics please

Do you have enough intake?

We are geniuses and we will get you fixed up. That's how we roll here.

For intake i currently have a cpu fan, same as the outtake.

Now, i am upping the outtake bigtime.

Or you saying I have to do the same with the intake?

Wouldn't think the intake would have much to do with the problem.

S

sugaree323

OK, so now I have a NEW problem.

Hoping to take care of the smell BUT THAT CENT. FAN IS LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trying to be stealth here. It seems I am just replacing the "smell" problem with "what the hell is that loud ass noise coming from underneath the house" problem.

Maybe keep that ozone purifier afterall, at least that thing runs quietly!

J

John Smith Esq.

i hear that, i got one of them RVK fans and shit its loud..it vibrates too if you mount it on wood...

Theres a thread on here by Sedate (i think, sorry i cant be arsed to go an find it to check who originally posted it) where he wrapped the fan in Dynamat (Car audio sound deadening material) which he said worked well, but ive gone the way of the gypo and cut up an old beach towel and taped that around the fan, works quite well after 3 layers of towel. And now my fan has pictures of little star fish on it for added good vibes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom