Please help me with my hydro design

• Thread starter NBfrost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NBfrost

Can anyone help my figure out the best hydro system to use and how to go about it , I am in an apt now , all i have is 2 closets , one is 4 x4 and the other 4x3 , one i plan on using for veg adn the other 4 bud. i wants to use a nft system , but use drippers instead of misters , but this will be my first hydro grow , i have numerouse indoor soil grows under my belt as well as outdoor too .. thanks , please help

P

purpleblockhead

you dont need a veg room for a 4x4 room, i would flower both rooms, and you dont need anything high tech with only a 4x4 and 4x3 im going 2 make this real easy on you, line both closets with 2 water proof tarps and use big sausers 2 catch your extra water, always use alot of light!! use a 1000 watt bulb per room, hand feed your plants and take them 2 your bath tub when you flush, take the closet doors off and make a cardboard door so you can cut exhaust and intake holes in it, in any closet grow your going 2 need intake and exhaust fans, you dont have 2 but you can line your walls with milar, only use around 12 clones per room and dont veg them 2 long if you do they be over packed, the trick is you want more bud than leafs and branches if you grow short you get more bud for your small space than a big plant that has alot of leafs and branchs, find a short indica strain, i would use coco start them off in 1 gallon pots and switch to 2 gallon pots when there 5 weeks into there grow, sence your space is so small just keep your 24 clones on a counter untill the rooms are ready, if you use both closets 2 flower and put 12 in each and keep them short with a indica strain you should be able to pull 3 pounds dry easy every 10 weeks

N

NBfrost

man thats a great idea , i have all the gear i need , so i just need to designe it .. dou thing i could use drip emitters with a resovoir and pump instead og hand watering ?

N

Nts10a

Purpleblockhead sounds right on target. With a closet you have easier access to hand water. Believe me, you will thank him later for that advice. Hydro is great, but clean up sucks...and god help you if you have a flooding issue in an apartment.

Good luck...

P

purpleblockhead

you could use a drip system but you dont need 2, there messy and the lines clog alot most likey it will get in the way and on your carpet, i would just take a small plastic tub or bucket mix your nutes in your bath tub and carry 2 the closet when you water, water your plants and than dump the excess and repet when ever you water, with a grow that small its a lot easier 2 keep it simple, when there in 1 gallon buckets they only need around 3 cups of nuts every couple days when they get bigger you transplant them and they still only need about 9 cups every few days, just make sure you use the sausers it catches the over flow and than sucks it up with in 2 days, i used 2 do closet grows when i was younger its easy if you keep it easy, good luck

N

NBfrost

thats how i grew my moms , for my outdoor , i had good results .. i appericate the help . there is just one more question , could you explain your vent idea alitte better , thanks for the help much appericated , im gonna post some pics from my last grow in my closet ... thanks again

Stuff 023
P

purpleblockhead

when i grew in my closet i took my door off so i didnt have 2 cut holes in it, i made a thick door out of 3 u-haul boxes, i opened them up and stacked 2 gether so the door was thick, in a closet that size with a 1000 its going 2 get hot and humid, your going 2 need 2 get that hot air out and fresh air in, i would use a 8 inch fan 2 pump the hot air out, mount the fan inside the closet on the roof, fans push better than they pull, cut a hole in the cardboard door and run flexible aluminum ducting 2 where ever u want the hot air 2 go and seal the ducting 2 the door with expensive duct tape dont use the cheap kind the heat makes it come off, i was up stairs so i pumped mine out a window, the air coming out is going 2 b hot it will heat up a room, cut a 10 inch hole at the bottom for your fresh air intake, if you have central ac you can run your air in from the room just make sure your air is on when you lights are on, if you dont have ac run your lights at night and use 10 inch ducting 2 bring in cool air from your window, the temp and humity is very important when growing indoors put a thermastate in the closet 2 make sure its not 2 hot or humid, your going 2 want your temp between 75-83 in veg and humity in veg around 80, in flower if you can keep the temp at around 75 and keep the humity no higher than 50, if you humity gets higher in flower youll get power mildus and mildu, its going 2 be all little work tying 2 get your temps and humity right in that closet cuz you can fit a ac in there, good luck

N

NBfrost

thanks for the help man , i was thinking of moving my bed out and sleep ing on the couch and growing in a couple tents in my room lol thanks man i appericat it , i will save this data for resource , much appericated

Top Bottom