Please help, Memorandum set for Tuesday in Bakersfiekd

• Thread starter dogbite
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dogbite

Please help, Memorandum set for Tuesday in Bakersfield and I need to know if there is still time to get a permit, anyone with any info or a good lawyer in this area would be very apreciated. Here is my story:

It was just announced today that the sheriff is going to put a stop to any new co ops going up in town.

My problem is that I have been thinking about opening one up for a while now because I was living in sothern cali for a bit and saw how well the mmj community is operating. I immediately started looking for a budtending job, so I could do what I love and at the same time help other people in their lives.But just a day after I was offered a job ,tragically I lost my father ,just before christmas last year and had to move back to Bakersfield, and I have been mending my wounds since then, but with all that stress that come with mourning, my health started to deteriorate to the point where I could no longer even eat food, I lost 50 pounds in the last couple months. Thank god Im a patient, because mmj was the only medicine that could sooth my stomach and kill the sever pain I was in. I should mention that I lost those 50 pounds by becoming a vegetarian and monitoring the pH of my body. Im running at about 80% right now and getting better every day, I feel that I have a new lease on life, and Im changing the way I live my life. I will no longer neglect my body with products and food that is literally killing us alive. That is pushed on us by large media and the typical American diet, Anyone suffering from any type of degenerative diseases or haven't felt like you did in your youth should look into Dr. Young and his book "The pH Miracle". It could literally save your life.

The other big thing that has held me back from being involved more not only in the community but also for my own medicine, is that I have been arrested here in this town before, and Im a little gun shy about things to say the least. Its actually another one of those tragic stories that just becomes a statistic. When I was arrested, it was me and my partner and I think they found around 35 plants, so keep that in mind. We were raided by every department there is: ATF, Sheriff, Police department, DEA and probation, they acted like they caught some sort of mastermind, because when we went to court it was the most sophisticated grow setup they had ever see supposedly, and that was 10 years ago but it was pretty far out. You see all this happened after Prop 215 and before SB 420. So when I spoke with attorneys at the time , it was a big joke to them to bring up the medical defense, they were literally laughing, and I was not in that type of mood to say the least. Long story short I had to take the deal and do a year in county ( Which I server 9 months ) and 5 years felony probation. What a life changing event, I never thought I would be a person rotting away in a jail cell over 35 plants, or for anything else for that matter. Looking back now I see how my experience there profoundly changed the way I see how poorly we treat our own people. At-least 90% of the people in the county jail are there for drug related charges, wether they got caught with the drugs themselves or committed some type of crime to pay for a drug habit. Its the saddest thing in the world to watch those peoples life's fall apart. They lose their jobs, lose their kids, and are almost always at some of the lowest places you could find yourself both mentally and physically. Jails are the mirror of what the failed drug war has been and a sad but true reality that we will be stuck with until someone finds some jobs for all those correctional officers.

So here is the real kicker to the story. So by the time I go through court, sentencing and they finally let me out of those gates, I come to find out that there is several dispensaries open in town and one was only a couple of blocks from the court house that, just a few months earlier had robbed me of my life, liberty and freedom. It was hard for me to get my head around, shoot it still does, That just months later someone was selling the same medicine out of a store front and it was perfectly legal. But perfectly legal, is a subjective thing around these parts and thats why I need all of your guys help right now, just to get up to speed. We have to work with the local government, before they make them for us, and working with an organization like yours, would probably be the only way I would feel that I was not alone in quest, and already have a network that cannot be created over night.

Just in the last couple of weeeks have I started to gain my energy back,but now Im out of time, This memorandum is set to happen on Tuesday, so I need some solid advice imeadatly . The local government is run the ' Good Ol Boy ' way, so its not exactly The type of position or work you would want to put yourself in, Unless you are motivated by something other than money, because the risk is high and the rewards seem like they would be low, all things considered. Law enforcment does what they want around here and then tell you about it while there doing it , Its a sad situation and a civil rights nightmare. But one that I would be willing to put my neck on the line for, if I had the right network of people behind me.

All of this has just reinforced the idea that helping others, with real medicine, Is my calling in life. Its been eating me up inside because there is so much information that you need to know to get a dispensary up and running, but I just didnt have enough energy to put it all together. I have recently visited Harborside in Oakland and the Berkley Patient group when I was in San Francisco for the MMJ Cannabis cup. Both are perfect examples of what and how a co op operates in their community, they are safe , secure and work with the community to raise awareness and educate in a respectable manner.

What I would really like to do is be able to work with the local government to: Help write sensible policies, and help educate and shine a new light on a medicine that has been demonized for all these years by running a dispensary that we as a local community can be proud of and use as an example of responsible behavior. It is my opinion that we need one that can be a model, because some of the ones open now are sketchy at best and I can see why the government wants to take some action.

So what I need to know and need your help with is- Can I hurry up and get a permit before Tuesday? Do I have to have a location first? Who is the best attorney for the Bakersfield area? Basically any and all information that you can share with me would be awsome, please help Im running out of time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom