Please Help my seedlings are dying

• Thread starter Cy12341
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cy12341

Cy12341

I've had about 4 seedlings die on me in this past week. It's my first time growing from seeds and I only have a few left that are still alive. Are there any tips on building a stable environment for the seeds? Anything would be greatly appreciated.

I particularly need the most help with yellowing of two petals on one of the seedlings.

Please help my seedlings are dying
Please help my seedlings are dying 2
Please help my seedlings are dying 3
Please help my seedlings are dying 4
Please help my seedlings are dying 5
Please help my seedlings are dying 6
Please help my seedlings are dying 7
Please help my seedlings are dying 8
Oldguy71

Oldguy71

Post white light pics. Can’t see anything with the blurple

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Are you growing autoflowers or photoperid plants, while completely possible it is not advisable to transplant autoflowers, your mix may be to hot, your light may be to close, did you feed them anything bc there to small for that, i wish i could be more specific, you need a medium (dirt) made to grow cannabis in, i recommend fox farm ocean forest or pro mix, if your growing autoflowers put germanated seed in the pot u intend to do your whole grow in, autos dont like stress and transplantation shocks them, if growing photoperid plants you want to transplant them as they gain size, i have a 600w 2 cycle led and with seedlings i back my light off to 36inc till they gain size, dont feed till there big enough with autos i give a light feed at week 3, photoperid grow much slower, sow your seed 1 half inch deep, i think it may be your medium or is that coca? If so coca holds water much longer you could be drowning them, there are many things that could be off even your ph, people think cannabis is easy to grow bc it's a weed but there are many variables and with not much info im just guessing, but i would guess it's your dirt, could be to hot, or over watering, without more info all i can do is guess.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

What kind of soil?
How did you germ?
How did you plant?
whats your water like?
how much and how often?
whats your temps like?
how about humidity?
whats your lighting and how close?

Cy12341

Cy12341

All in coco/perlite mix and germinated for 24 hours or until the main root began to stick out. I planted them in the coco after germinating in a paper towel. I haven't been water much maybe every 3 days it's only been about 10 days since germination. I keep them in a high humidity tent sometimes the humidity reads 80%-98%. I had them growing with a particular clone that I now believe may have had a disease, but on one seedling shows a little yellowing. Temps are inbetween 73 and 78 degrees. The light is now 30 inches away and at 50% power. I had the light running 24 hours for the first week, but that didn't work out too well so now I'm going by the instructions on the light which may be wrong but its 10 hours on and 14 hours off. This would be the first day I'm trying this.

coherent

coherent

Water coco daily with 1/4 nutes from day one of sprout to 10-15% runnoff. Set your light to 18 on, 6 off.

Cy12341

Cy12341

Water coco daily with 1/4 nutes from day one of sprout to 10-15% runnoff. Set your light to 18 on, 6 off.
Thanks I'll try this hoping for good results. Also the coco seems to hold water for a bit so I'm thinking I could try using two cups on with water and one with holes to soak up the water.

coherent

coherent

You want plenty of holes and good drainage with 10-15% runnoff when you water from the top. The cups or pot should be elevated above a pan or tray. Don't let the cup or pot sit in the drained water/feed.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Lookin good mate, do you know about coco growing?
Even if you do you should read up, aqua did a killer write up.

Cy12341

Cy12341

Lookin good mate, do you know about coco growing?
Even if you do you should read up, aqua did a killer write up.

Thanks! I'll be looking into that now. Hopefully I can get some nice tips. I'm honestly new to growing all together and just saw alot about growing in coco online. I'll more than likely be switching to slow feed soil once the coco runs out.
Really appreciate all the help.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Theres a ton of free and really good info on here and online in general, i would recommend reading up and putting in the time, you will have a much better go round with it all if you do. Coco is a really good media and con produce stellar results. And as always theres really good folks on here that you can troubleshoot with our use a resource to help get your project going properly.
Remember; Proper planning and prevention prevents piss poor performance producing a plethora of purple pounds of pot!!!

Cy12341

Cy12341

Theres a ton of free and really good info on here and online in general, i would recommend reading up and putting in the time, you will have a much better go round with it all if you do. Coco is a really good media and con produce stellar results. And as always theres really good folks on here that you can troubleshoot with our use a resource to help get your project going properly.
Remember; Proper planning and prevention prevents piss poor performance producing a plethora of purple pounds of pot!!!
Thanks agin. Given the size of my seedlings how much water would you give them.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

I would watch the weight of the cups, and water until run off every time and dont let your media get hydrophobic prolly wet with a sprayer daily for 5 days, and water with a sprayer till they are a bit bigger. the above article will explain why and whats what with coco, its soilLESS!!! and you going to want to start with some food pretty soon, but very light amount.....again the write up will tell you all about it.
What information did you glean from the coco write up?

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

one can never tell you how much and how often, there are many variables that determine that. but you can use a process to figure it out, get some cups with no seeds and water the same so you can dig around and track your moisture also you can see the difference in weight from a dry cup and a wet one.

Islandgrows

Islandgrows

Ime i water my coco seedlings with ¼ strength nutes pH'd to 5.5 to 6.0 whenever the top layer gets lighter in color . You do not want coco to dry out .

Cy12341

Cy12341

It's been about a little over two weeks and the seedlings just started developing this spotting. What should I do.

20210215 160350
20210215 160347
20210215 160344

Latest posts

Top Bottom