please help. need advice for my grow cabinets im building

• Thread starter fishface
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fishface

hi guys. complete beginner farmer here and ive decided to build a replica of the hg hydroponics double stealth grow cabinet. (please google to see what im on about) using two 2m x1mx 60cm wardrobes. my main question for now is on lighting? in the one from the website (which ive heard is a scam site) the seedling chamber uses fluorescent lighting? is this the best or would i be able to use cfls? the veg chamber uses a 250watt mh light. is this adequate for a chamber this size? would cfls be a good idea for this chamber? im looking at having 3 or 4 plants max. for the flowering chamber which will be one full wardrobe ,im aware that ill need a hps or similar lamp but 400watts or 250 with supplemental lighting. all the posts on leds that ive read are all old, so have they improved as i think they look ok but ive been suckered by hype before . my main problem is not the cost of buying the lights but the continual cost of having three chambers running on continually. heat extraction is not a problem either i can add as much ventilation as needed. thanks guys.

K

koolace

Man nobody has helped? Wow I wish i could help bro,your plan sounds good ,but ive never built any thing like that...

C

culdaria

Seems like the 400w would be the better choice especially if cooling isn't a problem

L

l0g1c4l

hey fishface, sounds like you have some building skills so the rest wont be so hard. Looks like there is three chambers...a seedling chamber, a veg chamber and a flowering chamber...The flouros for the seedling chamber is fine, IMO extremely adequate; the veg chamber could definitely use a 250w to 400w; and than finally the flowering chamber could use atleast a 400w. Though the first thing you need to establish is whether your exhaust fan can keep the chambers cool enough, ventilation can be the biggest problem when working in a small closed environment.

Top Bottom