Please Help!! New plants drooping / yellowing! Any assistance for a new grower is greatly appreciated!

• Thread starter Autopilot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Autopilot

Autopilot

My 2-week-old Autos (Six Shooter fr FastBuds) seemed to be doing great at first until suddenly a couple days ago when I opened the tent to find some very sad plants (severely drooping, and some lower leaves yellowing). I thought overwatering, as they had been in a 70/30 coco-perlite mix that was for some reason not draining. I was admittedly ignoring the drainage problem since the plants seemed happy until suddenly they were not. After poking aeration holes in the medium didn't seem to help, I transplanted them into new containers with a new 60/40 coco-perlite mix. I added only minimal water for the transplant, and for about 12 hours the plants were slowly raising and returning to colour. Then once again, they suddenly began to droop and yellow.

Since then, I've added a small amount of water (about 1/4 cup) to each plant around its base, as the new coco-perlite mix seemed very dry and had already soaked up the small amount of water added during the transplant. And also the yellowing of the leaves had begun developing more rapidly. When I turned on the light today, the leaves began to raise again for about an hour 1/8"-1/4", but then again began to droop and yellow more.

For equipment:
  • 800w LED on a 18/6 cycle
  • 2 Spot fans above and below the plants
  • 174CFM Vent fan w/ carbon filter
  • Humidifier
  • Inside a 4X4 tent.
At the time these pictures were taken, temp is 25 celsius and RH is at 65%. These conditions have been relatively consistent give-or-take 5 degrees temp and 10% humidity. I also have a C02 canister that I began using right before this problem began, but it's hard to see that being the problem.

Additional info: I recently lowered the grow light from 36" to 22". I also keep my vent fan turned on low to help keep the humidity up, so it's not using it's whole 174CFM. I found out that the water I had been feeding the plants was inconsistent, sometimes as high 7.1 pH, even after sitting for a week. So for the transplant and since, I've been using a pH down to correct to about 6.0 - 6.2pH. I've also been feeding the plants the Fox Farm Gringo Rasta trio, of which they are on week 2 (feeding twice per week, with pH'd water in between.)

Update: Yellowing has advanced more since photos were taken (starting on lower leaves)

Please help  new plants drooping  yellowing  any assistance for a new grower is greatly apprec 5
Please help  new plants drooping  yellowing  any assistance for a new grower is greatly apprec
Please help  new plants drooping  yellowing  any assistance for a new grower is greatly apprec 2
Please help  new plants drooping  yellowing  any assistance for a new grower is greatly apprec 3
Please help  new plants drooping  yellowing  any assistance for a new grower is greatly apprec 4
Please help  new plants drooping  yellowing  any assistance for a new grower is greatly apprec 6
Please help  new plants drooping  yellowing  any assistance for a new grower is greatly apprec 7

Sorry, not sure if this is too much info or not enough! I'm a first time grower and first time poster, but I've already benefited greatly from the other questions folks have asked on this site. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Bigdog420

Bigdog420

I use coco perlite 70/30 my nutes are gen hydrophonics trio feed every day always use calmag you can't over water coco pH is at 6.1(sweet zone) these autos are 5weeks old

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

My 2-week-old Autos (Six Shooter fr FastBuds) seemed to be doing great at first until suddenly a couple days ago when I opened the tent to find some very sad plants (severely drooping, and some lower leaves yellowing). I thought overwatering, as they had been in a 70/30 coco-perlite mix that was for some reason not draining. I was admittedly ignoring the drainage problem since the plants seemed happy until suddenly they were not. After poking aeration holes in the medium didn't seem to help, I transplanted them into new containers with a new 60/40 coco-perlite mix. I added only minimal water for the transplant, and for about 12 hours the plants were slowly raising and returning to colour. Then once again, they suddenly began to droop and yellow.

Since then, I've added a small amount of water (about 1/4 cup) to each plant around its base, as the new coco-perlite mix seemed very dry and had already soaked up the small amount of water added during the transplant. And also the yellowing of the leaves had begun developing more rapidly. When I turned on the light today, the leaves began to raise again for about an hour 1/8"-1/4", but then again began to droop and yellow more.

For equipment:
  • 800w LED on a 18/6 cycle
  • 2 Spot fans above and below the plants
  • 174CFM Vent fan w/ carbon filter
  • Humidifier
  • Inside a 4X4 tent.
At the time these pictures were taken, temp is 25 celsius and RH is at 65%. These conditions have been relatively consistent give-or-take 5 degrees temp and 10% humidity. I also have a C02 canister that I began using right before this problem began, but it's hard to see that being the problem.

Additional info: I recently lowered the grow light from 36" to 22". I also keep my vent fan turned on low to help keep the humidity up, so it's not using it's whole 174CFM. I found out that the water I had been feeding the plants was inconsistent, sometimes as high 7.1 pH, even after sitting for a week. So for the transplant and since, I've been using a pH down to correct to about 6.0 - 6.2pH. I've also been feeding the plants the Fox Farm Gringo Rasta trio, of which they are on week 2 (feeding twice per week, with pH'd water in between.)

Update: Yellowing has advanced more since photos were taken (starting on lower leaves)

View attachment 991200View attachment 991196View attachment 991197View attachment 991198View attachment 991199View attachment 991201View attachment 991202

Sorry, not sure if this is too much info or not enough! I'm a first time grower and first time poster, but I've already benefited greatly from the other questions folks have asked on this site. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!
Hey I grew a freebie six shooter maybe four years ago & I remember it was pretty good smoke!

I'm not a Coco grower but I suspect you're not watering with enough volume &/or frequency?

Coco Growers never let the medium dry out, they water at least once a day to 20% runoff and they don't let the plant stand in the runoff & they always water with nutrients.

these are the basics I know about coco growing hope it helps good luck!

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Agreed always use feed and depending on nutrients cal mag unless designed for coco. And coco should stay saturated at 90% or higher.

When plants have issues the first thing you should do is back the light off until they are resolved so I would raise it back up. It's like stepping on the gas with a broken piston. Not gonna run for long.

Read this very closely it covers almost everything you need to know.

Top Bottom