Please help plant kept crumpling and drying out leaves

• Thread starter IndicaSycher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
IndicaSycher

IndicaSycher

Hi guys!
I have a 1yr+ old plant,it’s a soil grow,she’s on her third flower/regen (I have my own way of regenning),she’s been in veg around 5mths because she kept crumpling and drying out leaves,I checked and double checked everything but couldn’t find any sign of what was going on so eventually I decided to pop her in flowering and consider chopping her and getting a fresh grow on after she’s done (I’m a private grower so I only grow 1plant at a time).
So today I watered her and noticed that springtails were popping up in her drip tray,I had issues with springtails with my last plant,they were feeding on the roots and damaged my plant so just chucked it because I had no idea what they were back then.
I’ve washed her through with some nematodes and tons of springtails suddenly began popping up in the drip tray,I had fungus gnat larvae before so I’ve been watering via the drip tray since then so as to keep the top couple inches of soil dry,but now I’m getting springtails instead.
If anyone has any advice I’d be extremely glad of the help.
I’ve attached photos below of the springtails and the damage to my plant,I hope it helps.
Thanks guys

Please help plant kept crumpling and drying out leaves
Please help plant kept crumpling and drying out leaves 2
Please help plant kept crumpling and drying out leaves 3
Please help plant kept crumpling and drying out leaves 4
Please help plant kept crumpling and drying out leaves 5
Please help plant kept crumpling and drying out leaves 6
Please help plant kept crumpling and drying out leaves 7
Please help plant kept crumpling and drying out leaves 8
Please help plant kept crumpling and drying out leaves 9
Please help plant kept crumpling and drying out leaves 10
Please help plant kept crumpling and drying out leaves 11
Please help plant kept crumpling and drying out leaves 12
SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Check out something like Mosquito Dunks. They have BTI in it, which is harmful to larvae but safe for plants. I know they work for Gnats but I don't know about springtails. If they feed in soil and have a life cycle like a gnat, I would suppose BTI would work on them.

IndicaSycher

IndicaSycher

Thank you so so much SadBadGrower,that’s great advice,I’ll check it out now,I saw a post earlier that initially made me think they could’ve been root aphids,so I started researching those,but they only really looked like the Young’s,no resemblance to the adult root aphids so I had to go on the hunt and finally found them to be springtails so I’ve not done much research on springtails yet so not too sure if they have a life cycle,I’d assume so but I’ll check it out first to make sure.
It would be a shame to lose her,she was only a bagseed but she’s been a good resilient grower for the past year,she hermied on the first flowering but I harvested everything but a tiny new shoot at the bottom and she regenned back and has flowered twice since then (regenning by harvesting everything but leaving at least 1leaf or shoot on her and going straight back on veg time) and no more hermie,she’s always regenned quickly too which is why I like her,that’s when I started trying to learn LST with her.
it’s so good to know there’s options available though rather than losing my plant,I’m kinda interested to see how many times I can regen her and how old I can get her.
Thank you so much mate,I really appreciate the advice,you’re awesome dude!

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Also.....a few sticky traps around the plant. I always keep a few up in my garden as preventative measures just in case. Even a small fan blowing on the soil.

IndicaSycher

IndicaSycher

Can you get a close picture of the pest?
I can’t get too close because my camera goes blurry,they’re extremely tiny,like little bits of thin cotton thread so it’s hard to see them unless they’re on a dark surface,but i did take this video of them in the drip tray if it helps mate (sorry it took so long I’ve had to keep trimming the video because it was too large for server)

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

1- it's a specific nute that does curly, but i always forget which- P, or banana.
beach? bad?
I'll go to the book, if i can return.
ummm... ph? did they do that, when u watered, from above?
@oldskol4evr
@Seraphine
help us, fellas? please, and thank you.
i quit soil, however, u r in the company, of folks, who saw it through.
might could b, ummm... umm... one might, finesse, feeding, from the sky n just eradicating the prob, altogether.
these generous folks, can suggest products, such as ummm... perlite, vermiculite, diotomatious, hydroton, coco, etch, to assist n breaking up that yr old clay n wicking, some of that moisture. stagnant water, from below: west nile, accomplice! root rot, in the making. just my take. might could cause more problems, than one solves.
ummm... turnover, vs size, sayith the gospel, according to ed, in em red words. also- anything I've read about reflower: less n less, each go. never proved, myself... just everything, I've read about it.
as to quality: only u can say, between the 2 of us. i do force n monstercrop, but not regen. be a great journal, here- I've seen none other, doin it. great mentor, opportunity. always a good thing, to have both sides, present, education/knowledge, wise. you're gonna know first hand answers, to questions, many of us, have only read.
best wishes
-sc

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

when his gal is that... ahem... big...
can't absence of proper lighting, also twist em up? might could back off, with the cam, as well. r those buried, besides the obvious, beneath the canopy? u defol?

a brit! awesome.
do me a fav?
suggest multiple strain cocktails, for cannabis oil, products?
the clinics in cali, nv, az area- dunno... can't get... etc. spoke to an edible, mfr. he said they use 4 strain, trim leaf; no more.
i c current research, pulling n addin, individual, terps. are they not all, healthy, for humanz? so put as much of the pie in a cocktail, as possible! my greatest, creations... and nobody, seems to know, or do.
now, this cbd garbage, i made for topical, is clean, enough n somebody, needed my best personal, more than i: sux; drags me down. typically, energetic, but am able to choose, to sleep, or superfreak. top notch, for pain. if u r able, spread it, like wildfire. yes, multiple growin, is a menace, unto itself, but absolutely, worth it n we know better than most: besides outputs, the diff n cost, is nominal.
thanx, oh so much! just payin it fwd...

Seraphine

Seraphine

That’s more than springtail damage. Definitely let the soil dry out more. Its roots are not happy which is why the foliage is dying. Either root rot or insects eating the roots. Check your soil better. What is this in the picture? It looks to have wings?

4BBE4CB8 424A 4C52 A282 573F6FFB67FE

Latest posts

Top Bottom