Please Help! Rookie Running Into Some Problems

• Thread starter yieldinator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

yieldinator

Hey guys, I am here because I really need some help and I don't know where else to turn.

First off, I have a spot that was supposed to be ran by someone that knew what they were doing. Due to some unfortunate circumstances we will be parting ways which leaves me in charge of the operation.

Just some background, I don't know much about growing but just by being around it and asking questions I have a decent foundation but by no means am an expert and don't know how to do everything A to Z.

Here is my issue...The plants were supposed to be flipped into flower about a month ago. I know people usually do 8 weeks veg and 8 weeks flower but this about halfway into flower when I noticed they weren't budding. I, the guy who isn't supposed to be the professional, noticed the lights were always on whenever I came to the spot regardless of the time. I found out the timer wasn't programmed correctly which caused the lights to be on 24 hours a day for the past! They were never switched to the 12/12 that is required during flowering! And this whole time, the guy has been feeding them flower nutrients like calmag,bud a/bud b and so on. My question is if the plants were technically still in veg (according to the light cycle) but were fed flower nutrients for the past 4 weeks should we just start the schedule over again at week 1 or has there been too much damage done? Are these still salvageable? The strains we have are gg4, gsc, sour diesel, thin mints and og18 if that helps. I know some strains are more resilient than others so I am thinking maybe some might die and some might flower. I can take pictures too if that helps.

Any feedback would be extremely appreciated. Thanks!!

Monster762

Monster762

Nutes aren’t going to matter much the light is what caused the issue. Don’t keep flooding with nutes. They will use the flower nutes. If it was too much you’d know all ready. Too much p and the plant will smoke itself.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Give em a good flush with bone meal.
Flip to flower with regular flower feeding at week one.
All is good, no harm no foul.

Y

yieldinator

Nutes aren’t going to matter much the light is what caused the issue. Don’t keep flooding with nutes. They will use the flower nutes. If it was too much you’d know all ready. Too much p and the plant will smoke itself.

Thanks for your feedback. So definitely cut back on the nutes. Gotchya. For how long?

Y

yieldinator

Give em a good flush with bone meal.
Flip to flower with regular flower feeding at week one.
All is good, no harm no foul.

Pardon my ignorance but whats bone meal? Also, I adjusted the timer yesterday so they already had their first 12 hours of darkness but I just found out that he fed them. Is that goone be an issue? Also, how long should I flush for?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
One good flush, then let them dry out. Do you have a feeding schedule for flowering.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
DC894BA3 D70F 4AFB 8EBC 31FE242AB2D3

Y

yieldinator

One good flush, then let them dry out. Do you have a feeding schedule for flowering.

Hey thanks a lot for your help. I'll be sure to buy this stuff as soon as I can. Yes I have a feeding schedule and its detailed from week 1 to week 8. I'll keep you posted on how everything goes.

Y

yieldinator

I'm running into a few issues. As you can see in one of the photos I'm getting some powdered mildew on some of the leaves. We sprayed in Greencure but I guess it wasn't enough? Humidity was lowered to 45% which I hear is too low for the plants to absorb CO2. We plan on gradually raising it once things get under control. Also, The plants are pretty much touching the lights so I have heard of supercropping to fix this issue but don't know much about it. Let me know what you guys think.

Y

yieldinator

Its about 7'2" - 7'4". Definitely a bit on the low side...:sweating:

Dbear180

Dbear180

Some nice baby trees but that looks like a house fire waiting to happen. Your just starting flower & those things are practically in the lights, that kinda sucks. Most people keep at least 16 inches off the canopy & that's with 600s. Most plants almost double in size through flower. How are you gonna get in there to work?

Y

yieldinator

Yeah exactly! And to think they've been touching these lights for the past 2-3 weeks or so for 24 hours a day! And some of these lights are double ended! Again, I only stop in periodically because I have someone who was supposed to be an expert taking care of these but I guess now I have no choice but to get this done myself but I'm just so overwhelmed because I'm not qualified to do this! That's why I am here. Can I still supercrop them or do you guys think I'm gonna have to cut them?

D

daves0319

Doesnt seem like you'll need it just yet, but preventative is the best medicine...if he really wasnt taking care of your plants there may be some pests lurking in the brush. I use Pyur Solutions for my pest control and its been working great! I really recommend being safe here.

RooR5mm

RooR5mm

Like the dude said chop them and chuck them since ur not in flower.
Other option is whack 1/3 to half the plant hit them with eagle 20, wash them down with water, then burn sulfur before you flip to 12/12. Which would be like tomorrow. Put up a trellis. Even then it isn’t guaranteed you can get the PM under control. For every gallon of water you are hitting the plants with you need to pull out almost a gallon of water from the air. With those low ceiling I assume ur in a basement? If that is the case you should also run a dehue outside of the room. Hydrostatic pressure is filling your basement with water without the plants even being in there.

Top Bottom