Please help! Sick plant and can't figure out why

• Thread starter tonyl50
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tonyl50

Please help. This is my second grow, and my Heavy Duty Fruity plant has leaves turning (see photos). A couple other plants are getting same. Seems to start with veins in leaves turning color. I am in beginning of 4th week of grow. Growing in soil in 5 gal pots. Using combination of 50% Foxfarm Ocean and 50% Happy Frog potting soil. Have been feeding EcoGrow Bloom (50% strength), with Cal-Mag (50% strength), and Open Sesame but just changed to Beastie Blomz (25% strength). Using 1000 watt HPS, with tops over 2 feet from lights (hoods are air cooled through vents so heat is not a problem).

Had a fungus knat problem which started on this pot, but wiped it out using some Diatomaceous Earth (food grade) around base of plant on soil, and around pots. Did water in some of the DM, but not a lot. I flushed it last night, and then fed small amount of food.

I am at wits end, as this is my best plant, and not seems to be spreading. Please help. Thanks so much.

Please help  sick plant and cant figure out why
Please help  sick plant and cant figure out why 2
Please help  sick plant and cant figure out why 3
Please help  sick plant and cant figure out why 4
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It looks to me like you have more than just twisting leaves going on. I see interveinal spotting, can't tell if there's chlorosis or bleaching or browning or what as well because of the light.

I don't dose Cal-Mag in soil, I use dolomitic lime, so I can't talk about how it behaves in soil. But at first glance I wonder about the Ca/Mg uptake and utilization of the plant, especially if those are the lower leaves that you're picturing.

If nothing else, this will bump you. I have no good answers for you on this.

T

tonyl50

Thanks Seamaiden for the post. I think it is not getting Mg, possibly locked out, so I bought Epsom Salt, and am going to try 1 tsp per gallon, and see if that helps. The leaves are in the middle of the plant, and yes, there is chlorisis. Are the twisting leaves (and curling leaves on some plants just at the top) due to being too close to light?

Again, thanks for the post. Sure nice to have a site that I can go to with questions to experienced growers.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The twisting may be due to the same root cause. May I suggest using the Epsoms as a foliar?

Top Bottom