please help, small buds

• Thread starter red southwest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

red southwest

hi i have a problem i got a purple kush that has ben under a 400hps for 30days but the buds wont grow it has little buds.i have sum silver pearl they look good i dont no what to do:help: i will post pics now

R

red southwest

any ore info... pics... ???
yes i got sum pics

S4020283.JPG

T

tcurtiss

Red you need to provide a little more information on your setup

how far away is the light?

Nutes what kind & how often?

Watering?

Heat?

Air Flow?

Bugs?

Stress?

Lights - time , distance, bulb?

Anything and everything you can tell us

Good luck

You will not see fatter buds for at least a few more weeks

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Looks like you've cut off the fan leaves which are the main areas of photosynthesis for the bud sites that they attach to... :shake This will typically result in small bud sites.

B

BongKong420

Where are all your leaves. plants make food from light. plants use food to produce more buds. you're cutting off the mouth.....no mouth cant eat...

R

red southwest

My room is 4x4 and I have 400hps like 13 inches from the tops of the plants. I am flowering two plants one silver pearl and one purple kush, but the purple has much less buds. Watering: food, water, water, food. Heat: I have a small heater, a fan, the rooms high is 80 and the low is 66. Airflow: I have a 150 cfm exhaust fan. Bugs: I did have some mites but I got ladybug for the problem. Stress: Me or the plant, lol. I cut the fan leaves because of the bugs. Lights: 12/12 13 inches from the top 400hps. Nutes: Bc boost, Bc bloom, Awesome blossoms, Thrive B-1 Red, magical, sugar daddy, PH of the solution= 6.02 and ec=2.6 ms

T

tcurtiss

From the looks and what the other folks said i would agree cutting the bigger fan leaves off was your downfall

Read about training the plants so the lower areas get more light instead of cutting, I would only cut the very lower 1/3rd of leaves to promote more growth in the upper main cola area

You can also learn to super crop and FIM to get the most out of your plants next time

Good luck

wonka

wonka

there is a thread in advanced tech and problems by burnalot420 asking the same thing... that could help u out or look in the grow faq..... w.wonka

F

Foxfarmfreak

Could be that garbage strain of PK, GDP i just finished growing, some of that stuff just has tiny buds, my biggest cola on plants 3 foot tall, vegged for 2 months, was the size of my thumb at best, my advice is to grow better strains and try and leave the leaves on it.
and yes, go read Burnalots FIM thread.....it will help.
peace FFF

beezleb878

beezleb878

I am not as experienced as many here but I agree with fox farm freak. I think that is a small yield plant but I may be thinking of another plant. I agree your worse issue was the cutting of the fan leaves.

Goldenrod

Goldenrod

youb are still only half way through flower, you still have growth to come. you really should not prune that severly. we live we learn. still looks like you have been treating your girls well. let them finish out. ignre the browning pistles. watch the trichomes. wait till they start turning gold. even small nugs will be the best you have ever smoked. let me know.

Top Bottom